A Civ of Thrones - Development Thread

Here we go:

Spoiler :

Here's the Mannis:

Spoiler :

Shouldn't the Mannis have a different icon to his brother?

Hmm, if I were you - I'd just stick with the dual colour schemes. I'd make Renly Green/Gold and the Mannis Yellow/Black or Yellow/Red.

Also, imo, the Blackfish would make a better leader for House Tully.

You are right, better use the same stag logo. I did it red as you suggested. Regarding the Blackfish, i also prefer him over Edmure, but consider that this latter is the current head of Tully and for this reason I choose him. However, nothing prohibits me from making alternative leaders for each of the Great Houses, so in the future of course i will add it!

Updated - Added House Tyrell!

In making it I have considered this:

The Reach is the most fertile and heavily-populated part of Westeros and the second richest, after the Westerlands. Unlike this latter, the Reach's wealth is not based on the gold/silver mines, but on the trade of basic goods (grain, fruit, wine and livestock). Moreover the Reach is the heart of the chivalric tradition in the Seven Kingdoms, the place where knighthood is most universally esteemed.

Note: im not so conviced about the UB (the polish Ducal Stable)

Totally hyped for this! BNW needed a good GoT/ASoIAF mod.

Little sad that House Bolton's a city state rather than a civ, but I guess it makes more sense that way.

Updated - Added House Martell (not completed)!

In making it I m considering this:

Seven centuries after the Rhoynar invasion, Aegon the Conqueror invaded Westeros and in his War of Conquest subjugated all of the Andal kings one by one, except Dorne, which successfully resisted the Dragon King. Whereas other kings and lords had taken to the field against Aegon, or clustered in castles, the Dornish refused to give open battle and allow Aegon to deploy his dragons. Instead, they turned to ambush and raids, striking quickly and then slipping back into the desert or through the mountain passes, where even the dragons could not find them. Deciding that conquering Dorne would be too costly, the Conqueror opted to leave the Martells as sovereign princes. After repeated failed attempts at conquest (most notably under Daeron I), Dorne did eventually join the fold through marriage between the two houses.

Dorne is the hottest region of Westeros. Dorne provides many exotic products which are uncommon in the rest of the Seven Kingdoms, in particular, citrus fruits and special wines. Many of these plants are grown with the aid of canals that bring water from streams and rivers.

Dorne is also famous for the sand steed, a type of slim but swift horse bred in only in Dorne, which can run for near two days before tiring.

Regarding the UB the idea is to make something that gives fresh water and a bonus for citrus, maybe a replacement for the acqueduct (the dornish canals?)

Regarding the Blackfish, i also prefer him over Edmure, but consider that this latter is the current head of Tully and for this reason I choose him. However, nothing prohibits me from making alternative leaders for each of the Great Houses, so in the future of course i will add it!

Hmm... Blackfish is probably the one with more Influence however. It kinda leads me to ask - at what point in the series are we using as the mod start point? Seems somewhat odd to have Robb as opposed to someone much more established like Ned Stark.

Also just curious, why Oberyn and Olenna as opposed to Doran and Mace?

Hmm... Blackfish is probably the one with more Influence however. It kinda leads me to ask - at what point in the series are we using as the mod start point? Seems somewhat odd to have Robb as opposed to someone much more established like Ned Stark.

My plan is to release the mod equipped with the "War of the Five Kings" Scenario ( of course you can also play normally, with no scenario).
Another Scenario will be the "Roberts Rebellion", this means that i will certainly need to make Jon Arryn, Ned Stark, Robert Baratheon and Rhaegar Targaryen ( however I'll worry about this more further)

Don't think that I don't consider your words, I've already thought about the Blackfish, who is renowned throughout the Seven Kingdoms, with the UA of the "JFD-Lincon Civ": "Choose an unique wartime bonuses upon the outbreak of war against a major civilization" ( For Family: additional strenght near the capital, For Duty: boost to production units, For Honor: increased general spawn rate). He simply is not going to be released now.

Also just curious, why Oberyn and Olenna as opposed to Doran and Mace?
Doran has a bad case of gout and has trouble walking, in fact he is rarely seen in public because as he does not want to appear weak to his enemies (note that he sends Oberyn to Kings Lair). Moreover he has not yet appeared in the show ( correct me if I'm wrong, I'm stopped at the second season, but I have read the first 3 books so I am at the same point with the show).
Regarding Mace, we all know that he counts for very little and that he is a puppet in the hands of his mother.

As I already said, after the release of the mod, i will periodically update it with new leaders (for example the Robert Rebellion protagonists) and Houses (Boltons,Frey etc). In general, of course, personal preferences also come into play. I can reveal to you that my favorite character is Tyrion (then Aria) and my favourite house is Stark.

Top Bottom