A Civ of Thrones - Development Thread

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

So the Night's Watch will be a city state with special powers? (And Kings Landing similarly?)

Cool to see progress, the Arryns look ok. Given the history it'd be cool to have Brynden be a leader possibility for both the Tullys and the Arryns, but that'd be too much probably.

I'd nevertheless suggest not having "Family, Duty, Honor" twice as the name of the UA, either give Edmure something like "Land of Rivers" or Brynden Tully something like "The Blackfish". I'd also have the UB be a "riverside castle", just sounds more ubiquitous than a single one. Floating Gardens also sound too Aztecy, why not dock, pier or ferry? I'd like ferry. (And why Lord Stable instead of keeping Ducal Stable? Thermae instead of Baths? Also "Age of the Seven Kingdoms" instead of "Seven Kingdoms Age".)

Hope you don't mind me pointing out semantics (and that's all this is ;)) Just suggestions, you're doing good work.

I need to choose, but I'm thinking that maybe it's better to follow this path...I don't know :S

You will not be able to play with both the Tullys, so you will never see two times the "Family, Duty, Honour" ( the default leader is Edmure, if you wanna play with Brynden all you have to do is open the directory "House Tully" and change the name of the sub-directory "_Alternative" to "Alternative" ). I like "Riverside Castle" and "dock"/"ferry" so i will change them :D
Regarding "Thermae" and "Seven Kingdoms Age" i have already done this text modification some time ago, however I forgot to update the thread.

Im happy that you are interested in the project and aim at its improvement, thank you! ;)

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Thank you!;)

3) The idea is to make the Night's Watch a special civ, that cant declare war to the other civs (or be declared), except for the Free Folks. So the ranger will be able to recruit soldiers in the other civ capitals to defend the continent. This is the base idea, however there is a problem (cause i would like to stick to the story) : the Night's Watch can't win the game cause they can't conquest capitals (No Domination Victory), they can't be involved in politic, so they will not be able to have diplomats/spies and vote at the King Council ( No Diplomatic Victory ), they are only warriors ( No Cultural Victory)...this is why i choose to make them as a city state. However they have sense in a scenario, like for example the "Wildlings Invasion", in which the Night's Watch will be called at defend the realm from a massive invasion and the victory is given when all the freefolks are killed. However we can always work with imagination and make that a diplomatic victory means new lands assigned, a cultural victory instead a culture so strong to influence the freefolks...oh i dont know :S

4) No, he will have uniques.

Well, now I understand the ability, and It's very cool!
About the victory conditions for them, they can have only a special victory condition, maybe it will be named "survival victory" and this victory will be what you said- kill all the wildlings attackers. If you want it more complicated, you can add white walker units that will attack after the wildlings are dead. If you want it very complicated, you can do a white walkers civ. It will be cool to have some units at the start, and then you'll need to raise an army by killing wildlings (that will transform to wights) and x turns until the end, you'll need to crush all westeros.
And what about my ideas for uniques? Did you like them? As for the builder idea, I think that this unit will able to defend and not attack because the defensive focus.

About Baelish, I'm happy to see that he'll have uniques. What will be the uniques?

And finally, about Arryn, this one of the best civ of your mod! I also like that you put the moondoor as the UB.

1) Well, now I understand the ability, and It's very cool!
About the victory conditions for them, they can have only a special victory condition, maybe it will be named "survival victory" and this victory will be what you said- kill all the wildlings attackers. If you want it more complicated, you can add white walker units that will attack after the wildlings are dead. If you want it very complicated, you can do a white walkers civ. It will be cool to have some units at the start, and then you'll need to raise an army by killing wildlings (that will transform to wights) and x turns until the end, you'll need to crush all westeros.
And what about my ideas for uniques? Did you like them? As for the builder idea, I think that this unit will able to defend and not attack because the defensive focus.

2) About Baelish, I'm happy to see that he'll have uniques. What will be the uniques?

1) The fact is that this custom victory condition has sense only in a dedicated scenario. If I will do the Night Watch as a Civ, i think Ranger + Wall (big defensive bonus as you sayed) will be the uniques.

2) I haven't thought about it yet, maybe a nice brothel :D and a collector of taxes!

1) The fact is that this custom victory condition has sense only in a dedicated scenario. If I will do the Night Watch as a Civ, i think Ranger + Wall (big defensive bonus as you sayed) will be the uniques.

2) I haven't thought about it yet, maybe a nice brothel :D and a collector of taxes!

1) OK. Will you do the night watch befor or after the free folk?

2) Nice ideas, very suitable for Petyr personality. Maybe the tax collector will be a great person? For the brothel, didn't ypu plan to do the brothel as a regular building?

I thought about another wonder. I don't know if he is realy a wonder, but it is a famous place. The wonder is The Bloody Gate. What is your opinion?

1) OK. Will you do the night watch befor or after the free folk?

2) Nice ideas, very suitable for Petyr personality. Maybe the tax collector will be a great person? For the brothel, didn't ypu plan to do the brothel as a regular building?

I thought about another wonder. I don't know if he is realy a wonder, but it is a famous place. The wonder is The Bloody Gate. What is your opinion?

1) After.

2) Yes. Yes, I have already done it as a regular building, but I can always change this or simply create a more "strong" brothel for Petyr!

3) The Bloody Gate instead of the Walls of Qarth...can be an option, not bad!

This can not come out fast enough. Any idea on when you'll be releasing it?

All the civs are already done, except for the freefolks ( LUA already done by bane) and the Night's Watch-Kings Landing (not sure if make them as civ or leave them as city-state, but of course with some special bonuses). Eras-Tech Tree done, Religions done, Policies done, Wonders ( I'm thinking of making some changes here, but these require few sql minutes ), City-States done, Buildings and Units done, Various Text adaptations done...need to adjust Map and World Congress and setting the Scenario. I started the thread the 20th June with 4 civ realized, in one month the number is increased to 9. As already said previously somewhere ( or maybe only bane know this, I dont remember right now :crazyeye:), I will be on vacation the next month with my family and few days with friends :D, for this reason I will not work on the mod ( at most, I can start thinking about the World Congress ) and I will resume it at the august end/ beginning of september. I feel that I can say that ACoT will be released at the end of september or in october, however, except the death, nothing is certain in life, the world might even end up first.

except the death, nothing is certain in life

Valar morghulis.

Quick question about Lysa's UA. I assume by "unprovocked" you mean that a player would have to attack/declare war on a city-state to have them declare war on the player. Does this mean that if I, as Tywin, have city-state allies and declare war on Lysa, they will refuse enter into the conflict with me?

I assume the Nights Watch will be lead by Joer?

I'm glad to see this developing so quickly. I'm also very glad to see how well you've embraced alternate leaders. It's a great fit for the nature of the series.

Valar morghulis.

Quick question about Lysa's UA. I assume by "unprovocked" you mean that a player would have to attack/declare war on a city-state to have them declare war on the player. Does this mean that if I, as Tywin, have city-state allies and declare war on Lysa, they will refuse enter into the conflict with me?

Yes, your allied city-states will not follow you in your war against the House Arryn, projected to be played as a solitaire civ, distanct from the rest of the world and it's politacal questions.

I assume the Nights Watch will be lead by Joer?
Yes, by Jeor Mormont.

What's the world congress going to play out like? Is it going to be a reskinned version of the current one or will there be dramatically different proposals that can be enacted?

Also I imagine any version of a science victory is locked since there's a hard cap on the tech available in that universe. But will hown will science and tech advancement play out. Will the tech tree be so condensed that it won't make a difference or will a focus on science get your civ the type of difference that playing for science gives you in a non modded version? Will there even be science buildings in play?

1) After.

2) Yes. Yes, I have already done it as a regular building, but I can always change this or simply create a more "strong" brothel for Petyr!

3) The Bloody Gate instead of the Walls of Qarth...can be an option, not bad

ok.

What will happen to the great people, the golden age and the great works?

What's the world congress going to play out like? Is it going to be a reskinned version of the current one or will there be dramatically different proposals that can be enacted?

Also I imagine any version of a science victory is locked since there's a hard cap on the tech available in that universe. But will hown will science and tech advancement play out. Will the tech tree be so condensed that it won't make a difference or will a focus on science get your civ the type of difference that playing for science gives you in a non modded version? Will there even be science buildings in play?

I didnt remember what were the resolutions ( I dont play Civ from a lot of time ) and giving a look at the wiki now, I think the job will be more a rename of the things (so this will not take time), for example: International Games will become "Harrenhal Tourney" or something similar.
Remember also that ACoT will include support for the fantastic mod "Decision" by Sukritact, when he will release it.

Science victory is locked, the tech tree includes all the techs until the Renaissance era plus 2-3 of this. The Espionage tree grants 10% Science while the empire is happy and there are Library, Alchemist Hall ( science boost + science from gold and silver ) and Herbalist ( science from forest, jungle, marsh + healing of the wounded melee/ranged unit stationed in city ) as science buildings.

ok.

What will happen to the great people, the golden age and the great works?

Golden Age and Great People are are the same, but with some text changes: Great General --> Great Commander, Great Scientist --> Great Maester etc...The Great works are taken from the asoiaf wiki, so there will be, for example, "Let Me Drink Your Beauty" by Tom Sevenstreams and "History of the Ironborn" by Haereg.

Will the great maester have the ability to create a great work of writing? Because the maesters also wrote books. What will happen to the great artists? As I know, there are no painters in westeros. The resolution and the great works sound interesting. You didn't say you'll support decisions. This is excellent news! What will be the decisions?

No, the great people are the same as already said and this means that also their functionalities are still the same. The great writers will simply include the maesters' names who had written books. No any painter is mentioned in the ASoIaF books, but, of course, they exist. I choose to call each of them "Great Artist" and each great work "Great Work of Art" ( all the paints will have the same background image also ). I said this in the "Decisions Thread", but I have forgotten to tell it to you guys, sorry :p Actually I thought at a "Tournament Event" ( +X happiness/tourism for Y turn, +X influence with all the city-states; -X Gold and one or two specific resource not available for X turn, like wine ) and a "Lieutenant kidnapped" with the option to pay or not a ransom. These are general events, obviously each House will have its "Decisions". However this discussion is premature at the moment!

How is the development going?

This :
All the civs are already done, except for the freefolks ( LUA already done by bane) and the Night's Watch-Kings Landing (not sure if make them as civ or leave them as city-state, but of course with some special bonuses). Eras-Tech Tree done, Religions done, Policies done, Wonders ( I'm thinking of making some changes here, but these require few sql minutes ), City-States done, Buildings and Units done, Various Text adaptations done...need to adjust Map and World Congress and setting the Scenario. I started the thread the 20th June with 4 civ realized, in one month the number is increased to 9. As already said previously somewhere ( or maybe only bane know this, I dont remember right now :crazyeye:), I will be on vacation the next month with my family and few days with friends :D, for this reason I will not work on the mod ( at most, I can start thinking about the World Congress ) and I will resume it at the august end/ beginning of september. I feel that I can say that ACoT will be released at the end of september or in october, however, except the death, nothing is certain in life, the world might even end up first.

Top Bottom