Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I downloaded AND 2.1 Final from Mega co.nz. When I loaded the game, in the MODs section I found two Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn MODs listed. I went into both My Games in Documents and Program Files in C drive and there were folders in both of them for BTS - AND. I moved the files out of documents and into C drive program files for the game. I had some problems getting the game to load but finally it worked. It wasn't loading from the desktop icon so I went into the C drive folders for the game and clicked on the icon there and the game loaded. I played for several hours and it was fine. Today when I went to load the game, BTS loads okay then when I go to the ROM - AND save from it seems to start loading and then crashes to desktop. I've tried several times and the same thing keeps happening. Can anyone tell me what is going on and how I can fix it?

Note: when I was installing the game I made a RoM - AND folder in C:\Program Files\2K|Firaxis\Sid Meiers Civ 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\MODS

Should I not have made a new folder as I was installing and just let the computer do it?

Thanks

Update. I decided to start a new game because the original save I made wasn't loading and kept CTD. Since then I have had no problems so I assume there must have been a problem with that 1st game and save. New game I started is fine and have had no problems loading saves from that.

RoM-AND is awesome. Having a blast playing. :D

Hello, it's been about half a year since anyone asked a question on here, I'm wondering if anyone still checks up on this. But I have a pretty basic question.

Is there anyway to adjust the AI Auto Turn control? I'm shooting for a culture victory and whenever I use it the AI changes my civics, and starts pumping out troops. I need the AI to just not touch anything at all, and just complete end ever turn automatically. It would save me a bunch of time.

Hello, it's been about half a year since anyone asked a question on here, I'm wondering if anyone still checks up on this. But I have a pretty basic question.

Is there anyway to adjust the AI Auto Turn control? I'm shooting for a culture victory and whenever I use it the AI changes my civics, and starts pumping out troops. I need the AI to just not touch anything at all, and just complete end ever turn automatically. It would save me a bunch of time.

Instead of using the AI auto-turn controls, why not automate city governance and automate units? You can set most of your units to defend cities, set cities to govern themselves.

Then you just have to hit enter. :lol:

Instead of using the AI auto-turn controls, why not automate city governance and automate units? You can set most of your units to defend cities, set cities to govern themselves.

Then you just have to hit enter. :lol:

That's what I've been doing so far.

But I'm playing for a culture victory on a gigantic map with 35 nations. Every turn takes about 3 minutes to process and I still have another ~100 to go.

If the AI could just automate the process I can minimize the game and do something else until it finishes.

So, I bit the bullet and checked out the mod into bts\mods\AND-SVN. So, where is the install command?

(the game starts and plays but has no interface. PLEASE DO NOT SAY " it's a bad install" just please tell me how to initiate the installer.)

I hate SVN!!!!

So, I bit the bullet and checked out the mod into bts\mods\AND-SVN. So, where is the install command?

(the game starts and plays but has no interface. PLEASE DO NOT SAY " it's a bad install" just please tell me how to initiate the installer.)

I hate SVN!!!!

It has no interface because you have another revision installed, or possibly original "Rise of Mankind". SVN has no installer; just follow instruction on the main SVN thread on how to export SVN folder.
OR you can co inside Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn folder you've just downloaded from SVN and run AND2_Checker.

All revisions have been previously deleted including my documents ini's.
checker produces a popup saying the mod is not installed. clicking on it does nothing.

edit , exporting popup says file already exists. so I said ok to overwrite. so now I have to wait for that to complete to see if there is an install. exe???

" the launcher isn't in the right directory" So I checked out to c;\user\gsmes\bts\. where I get the "game not installed do you want to install popup that does NOTHING!!!!!

I now have checked out to three different locations maybe 10 gigs?

@ Oldnooob if you wnat instrcution on SVN, check out the link in my name.

It's for linux, but if you just want SVN, read that part, amend it to your system. The principles are the same.

Or go to Sgt Sticks posting on using the SVN for windows. That maybe more suitable, unless you wish to join real computing and install linux.

All revisions have been previously deleted including my documents ini's.
checker produces a popup saying the mod is not installed. clicking on it does nothing.

edit , exporting popup says file already exists. so I said ok to overwrite. so now I have to wait for that to complete to see if there is an install. exe???

" the launcher isn't in the right directory" So I checked out to c;\user\gsmes\bts\. where I get the "game not installed do you want to install popup that does NOTHING!!!!!

I now have checked out to three different locations maybe 10 gigs?

Then try dbkblk installer here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=524091

I am new to this mod and I have a few questions;
How come the AI city are growing that fast they need food bonuses to be competitive and I've seed the caves wonder built on 3rd turn on marathon speed is that some trick or some bug ?
The AI ( Egipt ) has an obelisk build and the Caves wonder in there capital at turn 4, loading initial autosave dosen't seem to recreate this event

I am new to this mod and I have a few questions;
How come the AI city are growing that fast they need food bonuses to be competitive and I've seed the caves wonder built on 3rd turn on marathon speed is that some trick or some bug ?

That depends on the difficulty level you're playing with, I suppose. Difficult levels haven't been balanced yet but since at higher difficulties AI get some free techs, they've probably got Hunting and Ritualism and they just needed 3 turns to build a wonder due to the difficulty level (which makes things faster for AI to produce).

45°38'N-13°47'E;13429433 said:
That depends on the difficulty level you're playing with, I suppose. Difficult levels haven't been balanced yet but since at higher difficulties AI get some free techs, they've probably got Hunting and Ritualism and they just needed 3 turns to build a wonder due to the difficulty level (which makes things faster for AI to produce).

There is something going on where city production occasionally SKYROCKETS. I don't have a save game for this at the moment, but if you look at my screenshots for the Dinosaur Park wonder, you can see my treasury is insanely high. I was autoplaying to get a civilization large enough to build the Parks the proper way to test the movie files, and along the way, one of my cities had a gigantic overflow that led to my treasury being so high. I plan on doing some playing once I compile all my changes into a build upgrade, so if it happens again I will post a save.

There is something going on where city production occasionally SKYROCKETS. I don't have a save game for this at the moment, but if you look at my screenshots for the Dinosaur Park wonder, you can see my treasury is insanely high. I was autoplaying to get a civilization large enough to build the Parks the proper way to test the movie files, and along the way, one of my cities had a gigantic overflow that led to my treasury being so high. I plan on doing some playing once I compile all my changes into a build upgrade, so if it happens again I will post a save.

That definitely sounds like an overflow.

Anyone know what would happen if city with corporation headquarter is razed?Will company found new headquarter or will it perish?

Anyone know what would happen if city with corporation headquarter is razed?Will company found new headquarter or will it perish?
I think it's moved to another city. If you find out, let us know :)

45°38'N-13°47'E;13494436 said:
I think it's moved to another city. If you find out, let us know :)

Actually I hoped you would know the answer, but I will let you know soon.

I checked and after razing city Corporations haven't found new headquarters.Maybe this should be corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom