Set up help

buck beach

Prince
Well it finally happened, A HARD DRIVE CRASH requiring a total reinstall of everything:sad:. Really too much for this almost 72 year old to handle :)confused::confused: :crazyeye::crazyeye:), to get everything the way it was, but did think that I would like to get back ROM AND2.

Reinstalled the base CIV 4, and BTS from original disks. I have Win7-64 so they set up in Programs (86) folder. Downloaded and installed ROM AND Mod. But it won't load when I start the game.

I seem to remember somewhere way back where this was addressed requiring the set up to go in a different location (Apps, Game ??).

Will someone point me in the right direction?

Buck

Buck did you Patch BtS to the 3.19 Official patch? Remember you need to get the patch from CFC download section, as the auto patcher in BtS is not reliable, and manually install the Official 3.19 patch.

Also with win 7 x64 be sure you have set the permission level for you to Administrator level for the game. Not user level.

JosEPh

Buck did you Patch BtS to the 3.19 Official patch? Remember you need to get the patch from CFC download section, as the auto patcher in BtS is not reliable, and manually install the Official 3.19 patch.

Also with win 7 x64 be sure you have set the permission level for you to Administrator level for the game. Not user level.

JosEPh

Thank you I will look and try.

Buck

THAT DID IT, Thank you

Thank you I will look and try.

Buck

What I did, and proved helpful, was do a full dvd install of BTS + 3.19 downloaded patch, then just backed up the entire Civilization 4 folder in the Program Files directory. Because of the 3.19 patch you don't need the CD. So when I returned to modding, I found that folder I had backed up on one of my backup drives, copied it to my new computer, and it worked.

Top Bottom