+52 G&K achievements added (with description)

Yeah, that's correct. Usted is formal.

It's weird how this got turned into a language discussion. Going back to the original topic, what achievements do people want to try and get first?

yeah, that's correct. Usted is formal.

It's weird how this got turned into a language discussion. Going back to the original topic, what achievements do people want to try and get first?

Spoiler :

The new one I mean...
It really is a shame whoever made this wrote no one instead of nobody.

Yeah, that's correct. Usted is formal.

Yeah, I mixed them up. "Strike that; Reverse it!" I still can't tell my left from my right without stopping to think about it first :(

On topic, now that they're making such great changes to the game, I can finally start earning achievements again. I can't play the current rendition of the game without the CivUP/VEM mods installed.

Am I mistaken that they don't have a "win as all the new civs" achievement?

I am intrigued by "royal marriage" so probably Austria will be first.
Then scenarios, I really like them and also include the most difficult achievements (Diety).

Right now I'm wondering how I'm going to get a landship to take that city with Petra. Well, I suppose I could save up three or four of them even when I've unlocked Stealth, and the rest of my modernized army can be the meatshields for those special four...

Given this information, it seems that Sea Beggars are a commonly known ship. I'm surprised so many people insisted they were actually called Sea Daggers.
Mind you, I, as a Dutchman, wouldn't have recognized it as such. It's the English name.

Here the 'beggars' are known under the Dutchified French name, 'Geuzen', from the French 'Les Gueux'.

From Wikipedia: Geuzen
Geuzen (French: Les Gueux, English: the Beggars) was a name assumed by the confederacy of Calvinist Dutch nobles and other malcontents, who from 1566 opposed Spanish rule in the Netherlands. The most successful group of them operated at sea, and so were called Watergeuzen (French: Gueux de mer, English: Sea Beggars).

Since even the wikipedia page keeps it as Geuzen, it's not surprising that people don't recognize it as Sea Beggars.

I wonder how much work they already completed? I hope they aren't done you know why. Because if they are they are making us wait for nothing.

I wonder how much work they already completed? I hope they aren't done you know why. Because if they are they are making us wait for nothing.

That game is technically finished, all they are doing now is polishing it off, fixing any bugs.

I'm sure Dennis Shark or Ed said that in one of the earlier interviews (Ed I think).

And let's be honest, the wait isn't that long, the game was announced in Feb, and released in June. Not very many expansion packs have such a short span, usually expansion are released months before their release.

That game is technically finished, all they are doing now is polishing it off, fixing any bugs.

I'm sure Dennis Shark or Ed said that in one of the earlier interviews (Ed I think).

And let's be honest, the wait isn't that long, the game was announced in Feb, and released in June. Not very many expansion packs have such a short span, usually expansion are released months before their release.
I know but it feels SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long.

52 days and counting oh and 52 new achievments. but correct me if i'm wrong.

hmm, which ones are the most 'interesting' and which ones might actually be 'hard' to get?

(In no particular order since I'm lazy atm) :p

Most interesting:

1. Yoink! - As Austria, replace another civ as allies with a City-State and acquire the City-State through diplomatic marriage in the same turn
5. Gimme Your Lunch Money! - Bully 3000 gold from City-States across any number of playthroughs.
10. Hannibal's Crossing - As Carthage, attack a Roman Unit with an African Forest Elephant from a mountain tile.
13. Greek Fire - As Byzantines, sink 10 Greek ships with a Dromon
16. Gotta catch'em all! - Capture and recruit all the barbarian Unique Units using Western Roman Legions without any of them dying in the Fall of Rome scenario.
17. I missed that day is history class - Capture any Sassanid city as the Celts in the Fall of Rome scenario.
52. The Last Crusade - Capture the city that built Petra using a Landship

Hard to get:

2. Apocalypse Now - As the Maya, nuke a city in the year 2012.
(Who's really still playing in 2012?) :mischief:

12. RAM Usage - Research Satellites while playing as Attila on a huge map.
(ugh, huge maps)

15. Pax Romana Aeternum - Win the game as Eastern or Western Rome on Deity and have all your original cities under your control in the Fall of Rome scenario.
(guessing this might actually be 'hard' given that you're supposed to be 'falling')

17. I missed that day is history class - Capture any Sassanid city as the Celts in the Fall of Rome scenario.
(depending on the map size and number of turns in the game, this could be a very long trek for nothing)

24. Quite Accomplished - Retain control of the same honourable title for the entire length of the game it is available in the Empires of the Smokey Skies scenario
(not sure what an honourable title is, but given that AIs are generally very 'handicapped', some of these might be very hard to attain or keep all game)

28. Indoctrinated! - Lose dominant status in your Holy City to an opponent’s Religion.
(Just like the barbarians throwing cars at you, this could be hard to get)

44. From Russia with Love - As Russia, kill an English Spy
(This one seems a bit more luck based where you must be Russia and England must be in the game and they must be spying on you to allow you to kill their spy)

I always wanted to play Hueg maps, but mah poor laptop can't even handle Large lower difficulty or Standard Immortal.:(

I think the interesting thing is the possibility it suggests for the scenario itself.

Top Bottom