AoD2 Latest version: Download here!

still dont work. I put in the new .dll file. I tried this time with all the victories removed apart from independance... small map all random civs.... still same. Starts loading the crashes straight to desktop. Is there another mod directory or something as the mod directory im using is the one that col puts into ....documents\mygames\sid mieres col\mods.

Well something like that.

SO badly wanna play this mod. other mods have worked. Founding Fathers I think was the last mod I played but I not sure if any of them will work with the new patch.

That's one of the weirdest issues ever heard. So everything else runs, but AoD2?

Are you working on Vista? I can smell them! :D

If yes, try:

Find: X:\My Documents\My Games\Colonization II

Edit "CivilizationIV.ini", where it mentions "Mesopotamia", make it look like:

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII_1.08\

This will automatically load AoD2. Please let us know what happened. :)

just tried another mod. didnt like that one either... was city radius mod.. so doing a full reinstall of COL. Incase it didnt patch properly or something.

well... i know why it didnt work then.....

My last install I used the auto updater to update COL.... MOD did not work.
Re installed and manually patched Col using patch from here.... AoD works YAAAAY

thanks for your help :)

Your patch is great. Gotta say its the best ive played outta the 6 mods ive played. Wont name the others. Only thing I had probs with was pirates..... They did not exist. Sailed past me once turn 10ish then vanished. Gave them a town and it just self destructed. Maybe they did not wanna be pirates. :p Anyway thanks for making COL playable again :)

One request.. in wrong section for this for which I appologise. But could you re upload the command line needed for HIM when ya have Civ4 Complete DVD. The images wont load. Tried going to the source of the images but it says site does not exist. For me I can start a game with HIM but it CTD after about 10 turns.

this is the link to the post in question...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6367135&postcount=787

Version 1.09b Released!

See first post for details. :)

Version 1.09b would not extract for me. I am not sure why. I am trying to extract to the mods folder of the game as per the instructions on the first post in this thread. I was getting something like 1960 errors while extracting.

Version 1.09b would not extract for me. I am not sure why. I am trying to extract to the mods folder of the game as per the instructions on the first post in this thread. I was getting something like 1960 errors while extracting.

Are you using the latest version of winzip or winrar? I wouldn't suggest using Windows Extract. Could be causing you problems. I use winrar, and I know others here are already into 1.09b games. :)

with me.. If I try to extract directly into the mods folder for BTS or COL the files never seem to extract. Just lots of failed messages. I have to extract to the Desktop first then move the folder into the Mods folder manually. Think its caus Vista is a pile of poo and constantly asks for permisions to do things.

Dale I'm confused on how to install AoD2 1.09? Is this an upgrade patch? Should I just rename my aod folder to Age of discovery and overwrite the files?

Bonjour,

Does the 1.09b include the missing dll that Dale mentioned in another post?

(silly me, I DLed the "a" version before seeing there was a "b" version available.)

Keep up the good work, Dale, you April-fooler, you!

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

"b" version includes hurry immigration hotfix, which Dale posted.

You can either download "b" version, or if you have already downloaded "a" version just apply the 1.09 dll hotfix. :)

"b" version includes hurry immigration hotfix, which Dale posted.

You can either download "b" version, or if you have already downloaded "a" version just apply the 1.09 dll hotfix. :)

This is correct. :)

Dale I'm confused on how to install AoD2 1.09? Is this an upgrade patch? Should I just rename my aod folder to Age of discovery and overwrite the files?

Please delete the old AoD folder as this is a "complete" download. I won't post a 1.09 upgrade as there was too much confusion on 1.08. Better to start fresh. :)

I can't get 1.09b to work.

I am running Vista 32 on a good computer that is only a few months old, I had no problems running 1.08

History for today:
- deleted all old Col files and folders
- fresh download and install of latest version of WinRar 3.8
- fresh install of Col
- fresh download and install of official patch
- tried to play and it works fine at this point
- fresh download of 1.09b
- unpacked 1.09b to desktop, and copied AgeofDiscoveryII folder to mods folder in game
- run game as administrator
- unmodded game plays fine
- load mod AgeofDiscoveryII and it loads no problem
- can choose nationality, size, difficulty etc but I accept all defaults
- start a game and it crashes everytime while trying to setup game (about 3 seconds after you click start game)

Don't know what to do now or what I am doing wrong.

I can't get 1.09b to work.

I am running Vista 32 on a good computer that is only a few months old, I had no problems running 1.08

History for today:
- deleted all old Col files and folders
- fresh download and install of latest version of WinRar 3.8
- fresh install of Col
- fresh download and install of official patch
- tried to play and it works fine at this point
- fresh download of 1.09b
- unpacked 1.09b to desktop, and copied AgeofDiscoveryII folder to mods folder in game
- run game as administrator
- unmodded game plays fine
- load mod AgeofDiscoveryII and it loads no problem
- can choose nationality, size, difficulty etc but I accept all defaults
- start a game and it crashes everytime while trying to setup game (about 3 seconds after you click start game)

Don't know what to do now or what I am doing wrong.

A crash at that point is usually associated with not having the Firaxis patch installed. Go into vanilla (un-modded) click Advanced and then About. Does it say version 1.01 or 1.00? I suspect the patch didn't take and you may need to get the no-installer patch from the Col general forum.

Top Bottom