Anyone else unable to load AOD2 in Win7?

Gnomercy

Chieftain
I just installed Win7 tonight and every time I launch AOD2 the game crashes. I am able to select the type of game I want, etc but as soon the Mod starts generating a map the game crashes.

Anyone else experience this and have a fix?

The Mod was working fine in Vista =/

I have resolved this issue by overcomming my own stupidity. It was 100% my issue.

I had similiar issues with Windows 7. Turns out I had failed to download the latest patch to CivCol vanilla. Once I did that, I tested out CivCol and AoD with different screen resolutions untill I found one that worked for my laptop (1200 x 800). No problems ever since.

Still doesn't work. I checked all resolutions, all compatybility modes and their combinations, fullscreen and windowed.
I can safely run and play whith PatchMod, but when loading AOD2 then game crashes when starting new map.
I'm using HP laptop with GeForce 9600M GT, 64bit Windows 7, max resolution 1280x800.
I don't have idea what is wrong.

A lot of games will resist being modded or changed, for some reason, if they're installed in the program files folder. It's bizarre, but not using the program files folder has helped me with a lot of games being ornery. I don't know if that applies to this problem, but I suppose it's worth a try.

I use Win Ultimate X64.
Mod works fine.

I made no changes to settings etc. First time load works.
Sorry that all I am saying is that it can be done.

Running on Win7 x64 pro and it fails. I tried running in admin mode and with some different comparability modes. No luck. The other mods load fine.

Win7 x 64 Pro and no problems. Without any compatibility settings. But my whole installation is moved from the time I've had XP so I didn't install the game uner Win7. The game is in the P:\games\Sid...\ folder. The mod in the standard My Documents\My games\Sid...\mods\ folder.

Top Bottom