Deletion of threads en masse

Right. Currently we don't have the server resource to do it yet. But I have asked our host to keep the forum backup before the deletion. After we move to the new database server, I will ask them to use the old server that points the old backup of the forum so you guys can download the threads you need.

When will we get our new database server?

Thanks TF for finding a solution to this.
I really appreciate it.

I really don't give a flying headcrab about that content, myself, but it's pretty damn awesome how you (TF & crew) are taking care of it for those who do. :salute:

I'm very sad and disapointed to hear about the loss of NoTW threads :( Good times and good examples of variations on the game.

I'd like to be able to download some of the AAR threas in All Other Games if possible. I'd be heartbroken if some of them were lost.

All the Draw Your Own Story thread are gone as well :(

wow that's really unfortunate.

Actually I'm a little upset about that.
edit: just saw thunderfall's post above mine, glad to know we might be able to retrieve it.

Just let us know how when comes time!

The new server may be ready this week... I don't have the exact date for the server upgrade yet...

Hey, are we at forum games going to get our old threads back now? :(

hey guys, I have some bad news. :(

We recently loaded up a dumpfile from 1/30/2009, but that one doesn't have everything. It has threads up to Apr 04, 2008 11:17 AM as last posted date in Forum Games. The current forum has threads up to June 1, 2008. So it has about two months more forum game threads (about 40) but that's all.

What we really needed is a dumpfile from between 6/1/2008 to 1/26/2009, but we don't have one unfortunately. 1/30/2009 is the closest one we get. We have an older dumpfile from 10/17/2006, but I think that one is too old to be of any use.

I am really sorry about that.

If you would like to get a login to the old version of the forum to download the old forum game threads for those 2 months, please send me a PM. That instance is password protected.

Well, if you have anything older than April 24 2008, we'd like that too.

Any idea when we created the Forum Games forum? Would 10/17/2006 dumpfile even have that forum?

Bummer!
If forum games wasn't around in 2006, the dumpfile should contain the older Draw Your Own Story threads, before they were moved.

Edit: Come to think, this is quite alarming. Is this problem restricted to forum games, or are the backups of other forums incomplete also?

It's only incomplete for Forum Games because some threads were deleted on 1/26/2009, before that 1/30/2009 dumpfile.

Currently we perform database backups twice a week.

Thanks, that's good to know! Am i right to assume that you make full backups, but don't keep all of them because of space restrictions?
If so, have you considered making incremental backups? They should be much faster to make, and much less space consuming. (A mixed strategy of full backups every x-months, with incremental backups in between would probably be ideal)

whatever had the first draw your story leaves me happy

hey guys, I have some bad news. :(

We recently loaded up a dumpfile from 1/30/2009, but that one doesn't have everything. It has threads up to Apr 04, 2008 11:17 AM as last posted date in Forum Games. The current forum has threads up to June 1, 2008. So it has about two months more forum game threads (about 40) but that's all.

What we really needed is a dumpfile from between 6/1/2008 to 1/26/2009, but we don't have one unfortunately. 1/30/2009 is the closest one we get. We have an older dumpfile from 10/17/2006, but I think that one is too old to be of any use.

I am really sorry about that.

If you would like to get a login to the old version of the forum to download the old forum game threads for those 2 months, please send me a PM. That instance is password protected.

Oh bum.

I don't really understand this terminology: can more than one person have a 'login' for the old version of the forum? 'Cause different people will probably want to download different threads (DYOSes, NotWs).

Yeah, we mostly just want DYOS and NotW, can get all of those from the dump file?

Top Bottom