I'm honestly just not feeling partiucularly inspired to do anything in DYOS XII right now- even putting aside that nobody else is inspired to do anything either and that's not making me particularly inspired, the plot has just seemed pretty bland for a while and it's felt like it's not going anywhere. It reminds me of the muck we got stuck in for a long time in DYOS XI, only the update pace is even slower.

I'm sorry that I don't feel motivated to contribute as frequently and I'm sorry that I lent the path to make the plot very much bland. To be honest, I truely wish I could make the plot much more better. But given the enunii from the past year....I just don't have the confidence that I would be able to pull it off.

I'm much more into shady but tranquil plots that only ever resolve partially than big, outlandish bombastic crazy whirling plotlines that resolve completely but more-or-less abruptly.

Yeah I should be updating every week but my motivation has been...
I also think it's my fault - I mean I just split the party up despite getting them together and I'm falling back into my old habits of killing protagonists (only to bring them back later). Plus y'know, not really providing much to go on (Stylesjl complained about it to me. Even I had a vague idea of what happens with him and Hutama).

If worse-comes-to-worse, we can always abandon the plotline for something truly dramatic. Maybe the Faceless Man casts Meteor and it's up to the plucky teenage heroes with many belts and riding big yellow birds to save the universe!

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you, Stylesrj: I haven't actually been reading any of your comics for a really long time now, for pretty much all the reasons you mentioned. I still read CG's comics, and they mostly make sense even if I don't get the things that happen when his story interacts with yours, but you two are really the only ones writing comics these days and even CG's stories aren't terribly interesting right now.

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you, Stylesrj: I haven't actually been reading any of your comics for a really long time now, for pretty much all the reasons you mentioned.

Yeah... :(
I think the magic of DYOS is nearly gone. My only motivation for going on is that if I don't, certain people will "win".

...and even CG's stories aren't terribly interesting right now.
Thanks for the vote of confidence :(.
Precisely why I took down all of my DYOS comics from my dA account.

I'm going to be honest, I don't know what I can to do to make my comics interesting for you. To be honest, I'm kind of running blind trying to make my comics more interesting. Yet, lack the motivation because I feel that my comics are nothing but crap.

My only motivation for going on is that if I don't, certain people will "win".
That's pretty much my own motivation now-a-days.

If anything, there could be a reboot with a more exciting object of pursuit. Whatever happened to the free-flowing fun of DYOS V?

Oh right, we all got serious with our canon. Even me.

I'm going to be honest, I don't know what I can to do to make my comics interesting for you. To be honest, I'm kind of running blind trying to make my comics more interesting. Yet, lack the motivation because I feel that my comics are nothing but crap.

Exactly. If the comics are not making for interesting story, can someone please make things interesting and thus make the comics better? We're in a downward spiral and pretty soon one of us will throw a tantrum that'll bring the whole fortress collapsing to its knees. And losing isn't fun in this case.

The trouble is that DYOS is stuck in an all-inclusive group stuck in an all-inclusive sub-forum, and neither is great for creativity. There's no new blood, there's no new motivation, there's just a sense of carrying on and a quiet longing for 'the good old days'.

Which is a polite way of saying, 'let it die.'

Even though it hurts me (because I would really like to eventually do my comic thing), I think that DYOS is inevitably heading to its end.

If nothing changes... when CG and Styles finally stop, DYOS die.

If something changes... there is no guarantee it'll work and I think it will end up as option (a) anyway.

You people almost make me want to disclose what CG and I are cooking up. :devil:

Nothing good in any case :p

It isnt what one thinks as much as what one does about it.

I've been meaning to join DYOS for years, going as far as start plotting out some characters and story ideas. The reason I haven't joined is that I don't have any space for drawing. That will only change if my younger brother moves out, I've been waiting for that to happen for almost seven years, now it seems like it will never happen.

You want we should whack him? :trouble:

What the hell happened? Where have all the good (and bad) posts gone?

Top Bottom