Team Free Embassy

Well - I think we need to tell FREE something about why we're building the GLib - I think it's apparent that's at least part of the reason they're asking.

But I agree we can be vague on what it's a pre-build for. Even more vague than Donsig is suggesting.
How's this?
Dear FREE,

Word has reached us from overseas that Saber now possesses knowledge of Code of Laws. If you would please send us this tech now, we'd appreciate it!

As for the Great Library, we haven't heard so much as a whisper about it from overseas… As you may have noticed, we are using the Great Library as a pre-build... but that's just to rattle anyone at Saber that's paying attention! :lol:
The idea that someone else may build the GLib is certainly a valid concern, but it's an awfully expensive denial wonder, so I don't know what we can really do about that possibility though? Unless you plan on building it?

Also, just to keep you in the loop – we're sending a note to Saber to push them on responding to our trade offer… since they're apparently taking their sweet time.

Hope all is well in the land of FREEdom!

Your friends and allies,
The Council, by the hand of General_W

EDIT: Sent 5/10/07 to FREE gmail and to Azzaman333

ok - I'm going to send this - since FREE now has the save.

:salute:

Sent to FREE gmail and to Azzaman333

FREE sent the tech, but without accept :rolleyes:.

I will accept it from our side, and I propose we sent a little note to FREE with instructions on the trade procedure, something like:

Dear FREE,

we have seen that you put CoL on the table, but unfortunately without accepting it. So we didn't get it yet. Next time you get the save, you'll probably be given the choice to accept the deal. Please do, we yearning for the rule of law over here!
(If you don't get this choice, please send CoL again, but this time hit the "accept" button followed by the "send" button. That should do the trick.)

Well, no real harm done, we have some leeway here. The proposed letter needs a little editing but is otherwise good:

Dear FREE,

We have seen that you put CoL on the table, but unfortunately without accepting it. So we didn't get it yet. Next time you get the save, you'll probably be given the choice to accept the deal. Please do, we are yearning for the rule of law over here!
(If you don't get this choice, please send CoL again, but this time hit the "accept" button followed by the "send" button. That should do the trick.)

The Council

Looks good to me.
Nice work zyxy and Donsig!

You want me to send this note to FREE?

Sent to FREE's team account and CommandoBob, 12/5/2007:

Dear FREE,

We have seen that you put CoL on the table, but unfortunately without accepting it. So we didn't get it yet. Next time you get the save, you'll probably be given the choice to accept the deal. Please do, we are yearning for the rule of law over here!

The Council

Thanks for doing that Mr. First Chairman :salute:

Was out at my Dad's Birthday party till late (late = after 10pm... now that I'm a father and go to bed a totally lame hour... :lol: )

Response from FREE:
Sorry about that. It was my first trade deal to iniatate.

We accepted the deal. I hope this gets CoL to you.

Art Parry
aka CommandoBob
President of the FREE

No need to delay the Republic trade imo.

SABER won't have the prerequisite techs for Republic yet and we will form a Republic before they start on it. :p

Did we send them construction yet? Also, next time we write them we should ask if they met anyone else. Have we told them SABER has another contact?

No need to delay the Republic trade imo.

SABER won't have the prerequisite techs for Republic yet and we will form a Republic before they start on it. :p

SABER does have Philo + CoL. In fact, these are the last two techs they researched, so I'm betting they are doing Republic now.

EDIT: why would we tell FREE that SABER has another contact? We did not send Construction yet, btw.

Do we need to confirm receipt of CoL to FREE? (They can of course see it in the interface, it's just politeness.)

SABER does have Philo + CoL. In fact, these are the last two techs they researched, so I'm betting they are doing Republic now.
:eek:
Didn't notice. As time goes by...
EDIT: why would we tell FREE that SABER has another contact? We did not send Construction yet, btw.

Do we need to confirm receipt of CoL to FREE? (They can of course see it in the interface, it's just politeness.)
Yes we should.

If SABER is researching republic now then if we get republic from FREE then SABER gets republic faster. Since we're not going to use republic until after the Great Lighthouse is built it makes sense to not get republic yet.

Here's a stab at a message to FREE:

Greetings Friends from FREE!

We thank you for sending us your new Code of Laws. This will certainly help us to run our Council meetings more efficiently. We are a bit concerned about the reports of anarchy in your country but hope your expiriment with republic works well for you and quiets the unrest. We would like to request that you not send us thje secrets of republic just yet. We fear we are not quite ready for such secrets and in any event do not wish to help SABER learn this secret any faster. We have been trying to learn how to ride horses since we liked the idea of trying to figure out which horse can run the fastest. Perhaps one day when we learn the secrets of currency we'll be able to easily place wagers on this. Right now all we can bet on is who will be able to stay on a horse the longest before getting thrown off and all we have are these huge colorful rocks to wager with. Ah, well, I digress from official business so back to it.

Have your people met any other civilizations yet? Have you done much exploring?

donsig
Speaking with the words of The Council

Well, please discuss and revise as need be!

If we're popping huts, we may want to get Republic from FREE before that in order to strike it off the list.

Top Bottom