Download BUG and BAT Here!

Yup, that's very possible. All you need to do is to install BUG/BAT/BULL into your CustomAssets folder and not load them as mods.

Hmmm...I thought I did that, but perhaps not...thanks for the quick reply!

That works for BUG. It doesn't work for BAT or BULL - they require a dedicated DLL and hence are mods under the prog files mod folder.

Well, BUG/BULL in custom assets should work fine. I do that all the time.

BAT is standalone, so it will only work if you take the vanilla save>open in WordBuilder>save as WB file and play it as scenario. You may have to adjust barb techs depending on the level. (Check a Noble Club game OP for directions on that part)

(Tim - BAT is BUG/BULL so you don't need both running)

Well, BUG/BULL in custom assets should work fine. I do that all the time.

BAT is standalone, so it will only work if you take the vanilla save>open in WordBuilder>save as WB file and play it as scenario. You may have to adjust barb techs depending on the level. (Check a Noble Club game OP for directions on that part)

(Tim - BAT is BUG/BULL so you don't need both running)

Thanks...I should probably just say BAT, since it is the source of my BUG and BULL. I'll check out the Noble Club directions.

EDIT-works like a charm...thanks again!

I can't seem to fine tune bug or bull.

I can install Bat fine,

Spoiler :

But I can't get Bug or Bull right.

Spoiler :

I've installed the Bull dll, correctly, and copied the bull assets to my Custom assets.

But I seem to have a couple of bug in the installation.

Any idea's. I'm not using the CvAltRt.py file for these mods, but am using it for another mod I've installed.

Installation path for Bull is correct, as I've done this before under Ubuntu 10.04.3 32 Bit,
Spoiler :

but now I'm using Ubuntu 12.04.1 64 Bit

The CvAltRt.py path has been altered slightly, but I've figured that out, and it works. Now I'm having problems with Bug, Bull either or both.

All options come up in Bug screen, its only the mouse over that's the problem.

I've only the one installation of Bug, Bull, Bat. of 4.4, 1.2 and 4.1. "Hut hut hut" *Hmm popped a tech* ;)

IIRC The mouse over part of BULL that shows icons can't handle any white space in either the icon file name or the path to the file. If there is white space then the pink square shows instead of the icon.

I think I've figured it out, but what the solution is, I don't understand.

It's not reading the Pathing correctly.

Spoiler :

It reads the Forward slashes, up to the point where it reaches the mod, then it starts reading back slashes for linux pathing.

Solution : Use forward slashes, even for windows pathing, its in the CivAltRt.py file information, and I believe this is the error, it can't 'READ' the pathing. It gets as far as Beyond the Sword, then sees these Linux paths, and says, well nothing, it can't speak.

Pathing actually is registered as

Spoiler :

But it does nothing as well.

*Edit* Been able to install to correct pathing now

Spoiler :

You have to search for the destination path. It will install correctly to Drive H, which is a mapped drive.

I can't search for this 'installation' drive, under single player, so how do I use the AltRoot option properly??

I can install it using that method, but it still reads it wrong, even though the pathing is correct. The CivAltRt.py file is configured wrong. Its reading it as Linux pathing, and not window pathing....so.....

I would normally jump in here, but I know nothing about AltRoot. I'm hoping ruff can answer this one...

Back and forward slashes confuse me. Mainly because I cannot tell them apart.

I've figured it out, you need to search for the installation drive.

It defaults to C:, but if you search for H: the virtual wine drive, for 64 bit systems, it will install correctly and play fine.

Spoiler :

Once this is reference, all installation problems go away.

Thanks for trying, but I should have tried harder before I asked.

Have to update a few other posts now as well.

Glad you got it working. I'm sorry we couldn't help more. :(

I've installed BAT Mod 4.1, but I seem to be missing some of the interface icons, see the red box I've placed on the screenshot.

The path to my installation is D:\Programs\Civ4_BTS and I have tried the two options for installing BAT.

init.log and resmgr.log are empty

PythonErr2.log is attached.

Here's the XML log:-

[3573.187] Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml
[3573.202] Load XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml SUCCEEDED
[3573.202] SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4PlayerOptionInfos/PlayerOptionInfos/PlayerOptionInfo)
[3573.265] Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4GraphicOptionInfos.xml
[3573.265] Load XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4GraphicOptionInfos.xml SUCCEEDED
[3573.265] SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4GraphicOptionInfos/GraphicOptionInfos/GraphicOptionInfo)

Attachments

• PythonErr2.txt
    10.7 KB · Views: 119
Open the BUG options and select PLE style unit display.

Hmmm...

I never use PLE, but I haven't touched the code for it. I'll check my copy when I get home tonight.

Thanks - I checked and this is already selected.

The below is out of date ... but can you post a picture of how this tab looks for your set up?

The check box you are looking for is the 'show mode / filter buttons' (I think).

Thanks - much appreciated!
NZ, you need to set the Draw Method in the options to PLE and then the icons show up. At least it does with mine. The Filter button doesn't seem to do anything that I can see.

NZ, you need to set the Draw Method in the options to PLE and then the icons show up. At least it does with mine. The Filter button doesn't seem to do anything that I can see.

IIRC (and that is a big stretch at this point), the filter option only works when you have the PLE Draw Method selected.

Top Bottom