Caveman 2 Cosmos

Here are my suggestions:

- New religions: Spiritism, Wicca, New Age, Jainism and Canaanism
- New economy civic: Vegan (disables all water and land animal resources and all mounted units; +3 food, +2 hammers and +2 commerce from non-animal food terrain improvement (farms, mills etc.); +4 health on all cities; +3 happiness on cities with Hinduism and Buddhism (and New Age and Jainism considering my suggestion above)
- Extra civ pack!
- Chooseable final era option: for example, I would choose to advance only until Medieval era, ending the tech tree on the last techs before Renaissance era-advancing ones.

And thats why JosephII and I will NOT play with REV on.:mad: Thats why i didnt want to answer to soon.

Well you CAN eventually quell them. It just takes a change of civics (if you can get there before the armies take you over) and it also helps to defeat the nation that is causing all the rebelliousness.

I also had an idea to help quell rebelliousness. Perhaps the city guard/police units could have promotion to help pacify your citizens. On the other hand perhaps having a rogue/mercenary type unit in your city should increase your cities rebelliousness.

The only event I'm getting is the one where a forest burns down unless you pony up 10 gold to replant it. I'm getting it about every other turn too.

I've always enjoyed Revolutions myself.. Having to carefully balance my growth with my means and ambitions is always a challenge :) Lots of gold and lots of happiness always seem to do the trick for me :)

Here are my suggestions:

- New religions: Spiritism, Wicca, New Age, Jainism and Canaanism
Provide the graphics and what is unique about the religion and we can do it. In fact we have about two thirds of Jainism already but with out the rest it is a no go. See here.

The only event I'm getting is the one where a forest burns down unless you pony up 10 gold to replant it. I'm getting it about every other turn too.

Some games I get stuck with just the "baby boom after war" event. Sounds like there may be something getting stuck somewhere.

I've always enjoyed Revolutions myself.. Having to carefully balance my growth with my means and ambitions is always a challenge :) Lots of gold and lots of happiness always seem to do the trick for me :)

Once I found out how much gold you need in the bank and coming in per turn I stopped having revolutions no matter what civics I use.

Once I found out how much gold you need in the bank and coming in per turn I stopped having revolutions no matter what civics I use.

Sounds like you guys have a better time than i do with Rev on then, cause no matter how many troops i put in the city, sometimes 15, i still get Rev in almost all my cities, and after i have meticulously got it to where i have then then, i lose the city to the army that spawns there, alot.

But i guess thats why its a game, each game and sometimes turn is different in this mod, which makes it soooo interesting than others.:)

Just started this mod, and I'm absolutely loving it... except for the steadily-increasing difficulty.

I started a new round and checked that option off, but it's still happening. How do I stop it? And can it be stopped or reduced without starting a new one, because I really want to keep this particular empire! :(

Ctrl-Alt-O or click on the little Ladybug Icon in the top right of the Main screen, and open the BUG Options screen. Under the AND Tab (iirc) is the settings for Flexible difficulty. It has a checkbox and 2 boxes for Minimum and Maximum Difficulty. Uncheck the checkbox to turn it off. But I also set both Min and Max to the difficulty level I want to play at. In my current game it's Noble.

There are many options in the BUG Menu screen under a multitude of Tabs that you might want to take a good look at while you are in there.

JosEPh :)

Do you guys remember how to activate Barbarian Civ again?

I can't seem to figure out how to turn it on...

Do you guys remember how to activate Barbarian Civ again?

I can't seem to figure out how to turn it on...

At this point in this mod, it breaks all kinds of things, am waiting for an updated RevDCM version so until then NO Barb civs available in C2C, sorry.:blush:

Damn. I kinda needed it because the AI keeps himself too stable.

Wait till the next version, you are really going to be surprised on how everything works in this new version, plus alot faster because of Koshling's help.;) It probability wont have the Barb Civs yet, but WAAAAAY better.

Maybe a detail and not sure its a bug but I can see the resource stone on a freshwater tile, however when I hover the mouse over it stone will not show up in the description.
Im just started playing this huge mod and I like it very much. Thanks to all who has made this possible!!! :)

Maybe a detail and not sure its a bug but I can see the resource stone on a freshwater tile, however when I hover the mouse over it stone will not show up in the description.
Im just started playing this huge mod and I like it very much. Thanks to all who has made this possible!!! :)

That IS a stone "looking" resource, but its actually (if in the water) a "Reef.":)

And thx for the compliment;) I know the Team Members really appreciate that:king:

Found a bug. I just built the Warlord Chief unit and it consists of a Great Commander looking guy, an axeman looking guy, and a red blob looking guy.

Theoretically, if you start a custom game with it off, save game. Then exit to main menu. It should now be off for all future games.

Thanks I'll try it.

And talking about custom games, how do I set the game difficulty on there? (the difficulty of my foes appears non-changeablily as "noble" or "warlord").

Provide the graphics and what is unique about the religion and we can do it. In fact we have about two thirds of Jainism already but with out the rest it is a no go. See here.

What, for example? What building types should I have to suggest (monasteries, temples, cathedral, shrine and what more?)?

What exactly does the game need more religions for ?
The game abstracts from the real world by having only around 5-20 civs in place maybe, instead of hundreds of nations. With too many religions, the whole game concept of religion becomes redundant because every civ can have its own one, culture and happy bonuses from these become too easily accessible and this throws other parts of game balance out of wack in the course of it.
I think adding more religions does much more than 'just adding more religions' and I think game balance wise this is not always a good thing.

Here's my suggestion for the Wicca religion:

Spoiler :
Wicca

Symbol: a pentagram

Religion-founding movie: over the table, a pentagram collar and a book of witchcraft (also with a pentagram on the cover)

Religion bleep: a piece of a wicca chant, sung by a woman

Founding tech: Romanticism (it may be historically inaccurate, since Wicca only gained popularity since 1950s instead of since early Industrial era, but Romanticism seems to have influenced the new religious movements)

Wiccan Holy Circle (temple):
http://www.ufodigest.com/images/wicca-circle.jpg
- +2 happiness if Wicca is the state religion
- +1 culture
- Can turn 1 citizen into Priest
- +1 culture per Forest Shrine on city vicinity

Wiccan Shrine (monastery):http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-trrqfCHLxsY/TcQJ16LyAFI/AAAAAAAABj0/kMOCyRNOatA/s400/afa+wiccan+shrine.jpg
+10% science
+2 culture
+1 happiness with Church
- Required to create Wiccan Witches
- Spreads Wicca

Wiccan Shrine of the Goddess (cathedral):
http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww278/violashumski/2005pjcctemple0.jpg
Cost: 300 hammers (Double production speed with Stone, +15% production speed with Prime Timber)
- +1 happiness
- +2 happiness if Wicca is the state religion
- +1 happiness with Incense
- +40% culture, +10% food
- +1 culture per Forest tile on city vicinity
- Can turn 2 citizens into Priest
- Spreads Wicca

Wiccan henge (holy city shrine) - it'd be called Henge of the Goddess and the God:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4032/4532750043_1588d4f865.jpg
- +2 food, +2 culture, +1 great people point (preferably Great Prophet)
- +1 food, +1 culture per city with Wicca
- Spreads Wicca
- Provokes +1 unhappiness for 10 turns per each forest tile deforested if Wicca is the State Religion
- Provokes +1 happiness for 10 turns per each forest tile planted if Wicca is the State Religion
- Can only be built by Great Prophet

Wiccan Witch:
should be dressed like these: http://i1.peperonity.info/c/9C4D92/...gif_320_320_256_9223372036854775000_0_1_0.gif
- Always women
- Require Wiccan Shrine
- Spreads Wicca (consumes the unit)
- Can create Forest Shrines as tile improvement on forest tiles: each one gives +1 culture and +1 food (does not consume the unit)

Top Bottom