Naval Deployment

MI_Tanker

Chieftain
Is there ANY way of establishing which direction a naval unit is deployed??

Whenever I have a city that has coast tiles on opposite sides of the city, my ships are deployed automatically and usually on the WRONG side of the city that I want it. And since naval units can't enter cities in CivRev it is REALLY irritating when I have to circumnavigate the globe to conduct a landing in waters that are already adjacent to my cities!

I just had this situation happen today. It really ticked me off that Madrid was launching galleons into its lake. I miss how in civ3 and 4, ships could cut across cities.

I guess we're just whiny babies for not realizing this is all part of the streamlined console fun! :rolleyes:

Better than deployment option, deploy stacked on the city / cut across cities as in Civ 4.

I also miss naval blockades (and a lot of other things, but I'll just play Civ 4 for that stuff I guess) but I have faith that Sid Meier and Firaxis crew will mold the game (as they have Civ 4) into a greater, more refined experience with every patch.

While this is a real pain, I would say that the one excellent thing they did was give the ships a crew that could be deployed on shore. That's probably reflected in the higher cost, but still, it's something I'd like to see incorporated in the next regular Civ, instead of having to build a scout/explorer in addition to the ships.

While this is a real pain, I would say that the one excellent thing they did was give the ships a crew that could be deployed on shore. That's probably reflected in the higher cost, but still, it's something I'd like to see incorporated in the next regular Civ, instead of having to build a scout/explorer in addition to the ships.

Here, here! I love that little 0/1 Ranger unit that comes with the exploration ships.

I once had a city with one sea region and an enemy ship blocked my harbor. I researched Coal and the game wanted to deploy the ship in the harbor of that city (I had many other contenders). I got an error message that the ship could not be build and I didn't receive the free cruiser.

Top Bottom