Stolen tech, i have special agent

The chance to coup CS is based on the influence difference, with 85% as maximum. Rank 3 spies will obviously be able to coup at 85% for the biggest influence difference. If your spy isn't high enough rank and there is enemy spy in the CS, your chance is actually 0.

Then how come I've had a spy in a city state and still had it be couped by another civ?

^^Maybe the enemy spy was a higher rank.

I've had my own spies in city states, and though it's rare a coup is successful in them becoming allies with the enemy, it does drop my influence.

You can coup and so can the AI.

Tech leadership is simply based on number of researched techs, not which civs have researched the most sophisticated techs. Human players are much more inclined than the AI to beeline key techs (like Education) -- the most notable exceptions are when the AI is beelining a tech that unlocks a unique unit or building.

By checking trade route yields, you (or the AI) can determine how many techs a potential trading partner has researched that you (or it) haven't researched, which is one way to help decide where to send your spies. There are, of course, other ways of determining which techs the other civ might have researched (e.g., if they built Forbidden Palace, they have Banking, which means they have Education and Chivalry; if they have caravels, they have Astronomy, which means they have Education, etc.).

thank you Browd.

None of those influence killing spies. It's completely random. Some games you have Jason Bourne super spies, other times you're stocking your intelligence agency with the three stooges.

Damn

Police stations (et al.) do not help you kill spies. They just cause spying to take longer.

As someone already pointed, higher level spies are not much better at preventing tech from being stolen. A level I spy does the job almost as well.

I dug out the table from a thread about a year ago:

|none|Level 1|Level 2|Level 3
Chance to Notice|66%|100%|100%|100%
Chance to ID|33%|67%|77%|87%
Chance to kill|0|33%|43%|57%

Wow thanks, the table is just what i need.

Looking at the brighter side, sooo with a spy, at least i KNOW i'm getting stolen :lol:

And what about stealing tech? Higher level spy doesn't contribute to not getting killed? Only faster progress?

I wonder if it's possible for the AI to steal a stolen tech from the human player.
I can't remember a situation in all the civ iterations where this ever has happened.

Top Bottom