Unit Request Thread

Just have a suggestion for making decent none-infantry units in a relatively easy method, comrades;):
Have you ever seen any Command & Conquer Red Alert2 Modding? Look at here:
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26128
This is only a example. You may find a huge stock of great SciFi/Morden units in this forum.
And also here:
http://forums.revora.net/forum/328-voxel-and-shp-discussion/
And there are many others available on internet.

Then just download the editor here:
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29119
or a better choice is unit viewer here, if you don't want to edit anything:
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22633

Open the unit file with these softwares, then you have the PrtSc on your keyboard, you know what to do;) Still you may need some hand work to improve it, but it's not much.
These are my test of this idea:

You see this maybe not as good as fairline's work but it's ok, I'm glad that I've got a lot morden unit in stock;).

I have managed to build up a massive collection of units over the years, both by Fairline and other artists. I think nearly every concievable unit has been covered, though the quality varies. I'm pretty certain that most units either exist or can be created with a litle modding. In an ideal world it would be great to have a database of all units but this is a massive task and I feel that a vast majority of them would never end up in a completed scenario. I think the best way to get a unit created is to have a scenario in the advanced stages and request the new or modified units you need. If you just have a concept or a scenario in the early stages you can make do with place holder units. I have seen too many projects fizzle out to think it worthwhile having such an exhaustive database of units to hand! Just my opinion.

Regarding an unofficial standard. That sounds like a good idea. Its just a shame a lot of Fairline's old MGE infantry units and the newer ToT ones don't match up size wise as it makes combining them look shoddy and I really like a lot of the older units and think they are perfectly adequate to use still. That's not meant as a criticism of the newer units which are exquisite, I just hate leaving out some of the older ones just because they appear to have stunted growth :D

Do you do terrain resources too?
Care trying to make a herd of Yaks and a Tarpan(wild horse).
There is already a Yak gfx in the original terrain1.gif of ToT(for the plains terrain, the one designated as Buffalo). There is also a civ3 horse in Catfish terrain files. I'd like either one of them appearing as a herd instead of a single figure.
The minimized figures on the right fit more at once. Which one do you prefer? Ι will modify colour and pose accordingly.

Attachments

• Pericles terrain.png
    Pericles terrain.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 229

Attachments

• Russian_LandedCav.png
    Russian_LandedCav.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 708
  • Herberstein1.jpg
    Herberstein1.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 294
  • Herberstein2.gif
    Herberstein2.gif
    201.4 KB · Views: 325
But you have made a wonderful unit, I think it is great.
As for me, I blame Skyrim for my recent absence...
I 'll be on it tomorrow evening.

I need two fictional WW2 units:

Infantry armed with german rifles and kind of "Savanah" camouflage (Brown-Orange).The standart Gerry helmet is absolutely nessesary.The figure must be aiming down the Mauser's sights.Reskining Fairline units will work with both.

Infantry armed with the shortened Enfield rifle and "Mediterranian" camouflage (focus on the Olive Green).The standard British helmet is absolutely nessesary.

I already liked some Fairline units that are fit for my scenario,but they are historical units and I dont want them because this is a small proxy war in the late 40's on a fictional island with fictional countries.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/sahrani.jpg/

Guessed the island already ? ;) :D

Obviously Atlantis. But, as Atlantis is underwater, wouldn't the fish-men be using spearguns rather than rifles?

:D

How about this guy?

Do you want the Brit in shorts, socks and sandals?

Attachments

• Tanelorn Atlantean Nazi preview.png
    Tanelorn Atlantean Nazi preview.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 634
Hmm...looks better than I have expected.Thank you.
About that "British" guy,well I just want to be visible that Great Britain is the millitary provider for that country.It was intended to be a some kind of militia or Conscript.But now I have doubts about the infantry sets.

And aldo "Atlantean Nazi" sounds awesome ... :D

... the island is from "ArmA:Armed Assault".An FPS game with a completely open enviroment.My goal is to make a scenario like "MALTA!".Where you kinda have to hold (or make) the Zerg rush until backup arrives,without super masive battles that determine the world's fate.

http://armed-assault.de/screenshots/sahrani-map_1_1693.jpg

And once again for the Infantry.
I collected those units I liked and they look nice.So if anyone will make a new set of custom camo units.Those are the following requirements:

"Pseudo German":
Irregular:The one Tanelorn did is OK
Regular:MP40 SMG,the standart Unteroffizier cap is required.
Heavy/Elite:More heavilly armed than the two others.Maybe Panzerfaust 1 on the back.The rifle should be A G41 or FG42.Standard helmet,maybe some more "gadgets" on the uniform.

"Pseudo British":
Irregular:Enfield rifle,standart Brit helmet.Shorts,without socks.With boots.
Regular:Thompson gun,slouch hat,shorts.
Heavy/Elite:Maybe Bren gun,darker vest,trousers.

And if anyone has a Soviet riflemen from the late 40's.Just before they introduce the AK47. :)

So thats it for now.Dont be in a hurry to make the units,it is not urgent.I will be able to do some work tommorow and then I am busy for a week.I just want to know is anyone willing to do the painting ?

Well ... a litlle flaw appeared.

http://imageshack.us/f/814/demonstration.png/

As I faced the problem "We can't release it because we are busy ... playing it" .I gave Tan's riflemen a comparison to the other units.As you can see the old Fairline Afrika Corps looks better (on that terrain) .It is surely the terrain that makes contrast that "sharp",so I guess if anyone makes new units,have the real camouflage in mind.

And yes I know that I use very old terrain and city graphics,I just love these ones. :cool:

^ Hello and welcome comrade. :)

And yes,seems like a good idea,we have the old fashioned East v West and we have something different than Korea,Nam and other Cold war proxies.

By the way,how to make the game years to appear as days ?
Months are just too much for that small island.

Not a demand for brand new units (unless someone feels inspired); are there any Native American (esp. Aztec) sets in ToT style anywhere? I'm revising an old scenario by Leonel and I'm looking for an atlatlist to use as a base for one of the units.

I had a friend make me some Inca units for a scenario about the Spanish Conquest of Peru. They are notably distinct from Aztecs, though (though many people I know in RL don't know, or even seem to believe that :S ).

Thanks to Charles C. Mann, I am weeaboo for pre-Columbian American history. :p

Costume's not a problem since I'll be tweaking it to fit the aesthetic. I'm piss-poor at doing graphics from scratch, but I can use a spear-thrower as a basic template.

Also, there is a distinct lack of Native Americans in this thread, so it's probably worth posting for posterity's sake. ;)

Requests pending:

Techumsech: New Richelieu, Valido, Olivares, Wallenstein, Spinola, Tilly, Gustav II, and Mansfeld
Hawks, fixed SAM 3 & 6, and Sagger
C130
Gapetit: Three Kingdoms Era & T'ang Chinese
Mexican soldier for USA2013 scenario; Brazilian infantry 80s.
EZRhino Bulgarians, Andalusians or Avars
Patine: Alan cv, Incas
Greco-Turkish War on Cyprus troops
Zulfiqar MBT
Patria AMV
Danish West Indies, Danish Gold Coast, and Greenland
Stelok22: Lions of Rojava,
Metro Polis: Tor1 Burantino
Moi: F14, Milenium Falcon

Somebody had also asked for a Zumwalt, if I am not mistaken

I have pretty much all of the units I need for the Partisan scenario but there are two I could really do with.

- A Bulgarian Machinegun (Maxim) with the same colour uniform & matching helmet as the Infantryman on the left. I have checked all my graphics to see if there was another unit I could cut & paste but no MG or crew have the same colour unit. I would have a go myself but I'm really bad at shading!

- If possible could someone make a Zrinyi Assault gun in similar camouflage to the Japanese tank above? (A Toldi, Turan & Nimrod would also be amazing but not essential to this scenario). I found this website which is an excellent resource for tank paint schemes.

Other than that a few more Partisans would not go amiss if someone felt the urge as I may drop one or two existing units and give the slots to the playable nation. Again, not essential.

Thanks

And don't forget, Tanelorn, the hypothetical, on-the-drawing-board-only, huge monster of the Age of Wooden Ships that it would have been, the HMS Duke of Kent, but please make that a low-priority vanity request.

Top Bottom