Shoshone vs. Shoshone Empire

werothegreat

Warlord
This... just bothers me. I can understand having "Republic of Venice" rather than "Venetian Empire," sure, but just "Shoshone"? It just looks weird. Why does the loading screen not say "Shoshone Empire"?

The shoshone and other native americans did not consider the word "empire" in the way europeans did. When we arrived we assessed that the incans/mayans and aztecs has built mighty empires while most of the northern american natives were individual tribes with the exception being the eventually formed league of nations and several other collective groups. I dont think the word empire is fitting though, the shoshone nation may be more appropriate

At the end of the day it's all just language, and any number of words will simplify the Shoshone and everything else beyond reason by limiting it to a definite and categorized entity.

Even nation doesn't really fit with what the are, because they haven't always been what they are and they are no longer what they were.

Essentially, it'll do. The simple fact is that they are in game now in a relatively fixed fashion and slapping another verb on it isn't going to change them.

Is Iroquois still called the Iroquois Empire or did Firaxis change it to the Iroquois Confederacy? It still sounds weird to have a "Celtic" and "Polynesian" Empire. Like stated a million times already, the Celts are a blob of ancient tribes in Europe and Polynesia is a place in the Pacific Ocean. Also another question, what the hell is Moson Kahni?

Is Iroquois still called the Iroquois Empire or did Firaxis change it to the Iroquois Confederacy? It still sounds weird to have a "Celtic" and "Polynesian" Empire. Like stated a million times already, the Celts are a blob of ancient tribes in Europe and Polynesia is a place in the Pacific Ocean. Also another question, what the hell is Moson Kahni?

http://www.nwbshoshone-nsn.gov/culture/history/index.htm

Top Bottom