Mad Scientists Diplomacy

Hmm, four days... it would be really useful to hear something from them. Maybe we should just propose the trade in-game. Trying to initiate diplomacy with MS seems a bit like talking to a brick wall. ;)

For heaven's sakes, this is getting ridiculous. No answer in 8 days, apart from an in-game message from HUSch apparently saying he doesn't have the authority to accept our offer yet. I propose we send another message:

Greetings Mad Scientists,

We appreciate that your team seems to like to take a lot of time to discuss diplomatic matters, but we are quickly becoming frustrated at the colossal delays every time we attempt to initiate diplomacy. Ten days ago we sent you a message proposing a tech exchange, and we have not heard a single whisper from you since - with the exception of an in-game message a few days ago from HUSch saying he couldn't make the decision yet.

Frankly, we do not understand your need for a week or more to discuss every diplomatic message that we send to you. It's frustrating and hurts both of our teams that every single diplomatic exchange between us seems to involve such excessive delays. If you really need a week or more to discuss a technology trade, that is fine, but please at least have the courtesy to send a reply to our messages. Just sending a quick note, something like "we've recieved your message and are thinking about our response", is all it takes! :)

Once again, it is not so much the time taken but the lack of communication that is the issue for us. Please try to do something to fix this issue within your team!

We eagerly anticipate your prompt response, which will either (a) accept our offer, (b) decline our offer (and perhaps propose something else), or (c) ask for more time (with an idea of how much more time you think you will need). :)

Sincerely,
Lord Parkin of Saturn
Thoughts? Anything I should change? I'll send this off in 12 hours or so if no-one disagrees before then. (Remind me if I haven't posted in 12 hours that this has been sent!)

Sounds alright. Maybe in the last sentence I wouldn't demand exact time schedule. Appoximate time schedule is enough to me.

Yeah, I guess it is. It's just annoying that we never seem to hear back from them without prodding them for a response a week later.

Revised the message slightly, and sent it. :)

Nope, silence of course. ;)

Silly us. What were we expecting, after all? An actual response? :p

Sent to HUSch and DaveShack... maybe they just haven't checked their team mail in ages. I'm going out on a limb for them here. ;)

In case you haven't checked your email account, here is the message we sent you 3 days ago, after your lack of response to the message we sent you 13 days ago.

Please respond! :)

- Lord Parkin

[Message quoted]

Pah. This is why they didn't respond.

SANCTA were right; MS have sided with Cav and Kaz. Bastards. :p

Ah well, at least we'll have the satisfaction of knowing that even if both us and SANCTA lose, MS will probably be the next to go - as the weakest link in the Kaz-Cav alliance. ;)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot1492.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1492.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 308
Meh, no need I think... it won't accomplish anything. ;)

Actually, I don't think they'd really care. Remember that they probably think they've got the better end of the deal. Wouldn't we think the same, if we were in a 3-civ alliance against 2 civs? ;)

No answer from MS I suspect? They did also pause shortly the game possibly to handle diplomacy. For me It seems evident that they have been deliberately ignoring us.

I suspect getting them join our side is impossible currently.

Yeah, it looks like they're definitely deliberately ignoring us. Screw them, then - if they won't play ball, we won't either. ;)

SANCTA are suggesting that we try to trade Metal Casting + Feudalism to MS for Maths + Calendar + Construction. Given MS's previous complete failures at negotiation, I'm disinclined to bother, but maybe it's worth giving it a shot. Thoughts?

We could try. My main concern with this is that I still wouldn't say that Feudalism trade with Kazs won't be finalized. If we try to get Maths elsewhere, we're announcing our intentions clearly.

Top Bottom