New improvement art! You don't need to replace civ5artdefines_landmarks.xml

Would it be possible to just keep the building in the same place as the plantation building? As that way the crops can remain as the ones from the CCTP project to keep the variation - eg http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=341421&d=1358939962

It hard to see where the same place is when you convert it with 3dxml. I'll do a reskin like you requested for the cctp community (I got to help them I used to work on the Ctp2 source code project at apolyton!)

I took a look at the plantation graphics. It seems that building and the resource are are tied into the same gr2. How will reskinning the building help with the farm part. Did you find some way to make it not show the resources and only the building???

Is there a specific plantation gr2 I should modify?

Except I don't want to get rid of the crops - they are the eye-candy variation. One farm looks ok, but when you have tile after tile after tile of them ... very boring

If you want to achieve that effect you can just use the standard Farm graphics with either the RANDOM or SNAPSHOT layout handler - see the Farm Crash Bug thread for a discussion on how to achieve that

It's not that I need them, since I can't even manage to create a new mod in CiV. But perhaps, if ethnic farmhouses existed, they'd be incorporated in other mods (like happened with my Ethnic Citystyles mod in CIV).

At a guess they have not fixed the farm crash yet? Sorry been away from here\CiV for a while.

ah, those are already reskins. So you want a reskin of a plantation but make its crops wheat or something?

I think thats what they are after, I tried myself to do this without much luck, from what I understand(from making the reskins mentioned) of the resources/improvements is a secection of dds/models are used(set in the gr2's) for the bare resource, when it is then improved that Model/dds gets removed and replaced with a new selection of Models/dds. Problems I had was trying to mix match the existing wheat resource and plantaion models always returned funkey results(Invisible, cause CTD on placement, black tiles ect). I think it could be overcome if we were not so limited with the gr2 editing.

I think thats what they are after

I like the CCTP crops that I've borrowed for my farm crash fix mod, but if you put several new farms around a cotton plantation (say) because the building is identical it's almost impossible to see the cotton. So what I would like is the crop reskins to include a building reskin as well.

I like the CCTP crops that I've borrowed for my farm crash fix mod, but if you put several new farms around a cotton plantation (say) because the building is identical it's almost impossible to see the cotton. So what I would like is the crop reskins to include a building reskin as well.

I made te farm but it wasn't using theplantation meachnic. I'm hoping thta if I'm able to the skeleton for a plantation I'll be able to put a farm building in place of a plantation building.

Top Bottom