Hanging Gardens?

ParadigmPlague

Chieftain
Is it worth dropping a social policy in tradition to get HG for a city if ive started liberty? im playing a small map it seems like it might be a good idea to go tall after i finish liberty

Depends what turn and difficulty you're on. The later in the game and the harder the game the greater the risk you won't get it. Bear in mind it's a fairly high priority wonder for the AI.

Also, if you are looking to get busy with other things like pumping out settlers, then the hanging gardens will distract you and you may lose city spots. But it's definitely a good shout if you can build a strategy around it :goodjob: Essentially it's well worth opening tradition for, if you can pull it off! But tradition is amazing anyway, so i'd say it's pretty low risk if you want to fill out the tree at any point.

I think it is a bad idead. If u go liberty, usually u want to build a lot of cities. So you do not need to focus food in one city. Usually it is much better to build workers/settlers/granary/... instead of Hanging gardens. Loosing one policy to have 3 culture from capitol and border boost? Seems poor.

May be you should think to take tradition insteaad of liberty? It seems to me that on small maps liberty is never a good choice.

Top Bottom