Fastest way to become friends with the AI

Ozonne

Chieftain
What is the most efficient way of becoming friends with the AI (Prince) Ive been reading some guides, and i would like to do the trick where you become friends with the computer to trade luxury resources for absurd amounts of money VERY early in the game, kinda what happens in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQVsaLcVFKI min 9

In BNW, it seems everyone is buddies with each other. Unless you get a blatant warmonger like Shaka or Atilla, you don't have to do really do anything to become friends.

Opening an Embassy and time is all you really need. You just need to avoid the - modifiers. Settleing to close, buying tiles towards them, spreading you hearsay in their lands, etc etc.

In BNW, it seems everyone is buddies with each other. Unless you get a blatant warmonger like Shaka or Atilla, you don't have to do really do anything to become friends.

Then why cant i trade my resources for a flat amount of gold instead of little gold per turn? The game tells me I need to be friens with them to unlock that option :confused: i tried having embacies in their countries but that doesnt seem to help.

Then why cant i trade my resources for a flat amount of gold instead of little gold per turn? The game tells me I need to be friens with them to unlock that option :confused: i tried having embacies in their countries but that doesnt seem to help.

There is something in game your are doing that they do not like. You also cannot abuse the AI by gaming the system anymore. That has really set a lot of people back.

It also depends on the AI's you are playing against. Some civs become friendly faster. Korea, The Shoshone, India to name the easiest. Others may never become freindly.

Yep they changed that you can't trade resources for lump sums of gold, that guide is obsolete in BNW now.

However I find that if you trade embassies and then form a trade route with an AI, they might offer a declaration of friendship. If that doesn't work you can try giving them some horses/iron for free, after that even Shaka tends to be willing to declare friendships.

you need a declaration of friendship .
You can find that on the discussion tab on the diplomacy screen

I find that a guarded AI will suddenly become a lot more friendly (requesting DoF) if I trade a luxury to them for less than the standard GPT rate.

Top Bottom