THE Civ of the Week Thread!

About the Vandals. Are you going to put my suggestion into use and have their capital Hippo Regius, or will you use Carthage as capital? If you did not see this suggestion before, it's the last post on page 7 ;)

About the Vandals. Are you going to put my suggestion into use and have their capital Hippo Regius, or will you use Carthage as capital? If you did not see this suggestion before, it's the last post on page 7 ;)

yeah, I saw that, I'll go ahead and do it. I don't want to do the same thing with Italy in WoL where their capital was "Roma" but all of their other cities had their normal English equivalents rather than the Italian ones. I mean I guess the Germanic equivalent of Carthage would sound pretty cool, but yeah...

Anyhow, speaking of Carthage and such, I'm already done with the Tunis CotW, but I don't have access to the computer its stored in for the next day or so, so we'll just have to wait until then. Regardless, as hinted before, after Tunis will be the Kushans, Srivijaya, and the Vandals in that order. I might do a BtS version of the Khitan and/or Manchu after that, but that depends on whether I can get new LHs ready by that time.

Looks great!
Good to see you are pumping out your planned civs such a quick rate :goodjob:

Just want yuo to know I'm borrowing Zakariya

And about Zakariya's diplotext... he sounds a bit crazy :crazyeye:

Looks great!
Good to see you are pumping out your planned civs such a quick rate :goodjob:

Yeah, in actuality making civs isn't that time-consuming once you have the experience - I can whip something up in about half an hour or less if I try. The difficult and time-consuming part, really, is working on the civilopedia info, the art, and the music.

Thanks for taking my request, I will definatly use this in my mod, Thanks looks great:D

No problem!

Just want yuo to know I'm borrowing Zakariya

And about Zakariya's diplotext... he sounds a bit crazy :crazyeye:

Yeah, just remember that Zakariya's basically a reskin of cfkane's LHs (I forgot which, but it was one f the Alpha Centauri ones).

The diplotext is actually a Quran quote, apparently. Thought it was pretty nifty.

Because of mysterious reasons which will be explained in the future, I have to push back the Kushans some days, so I've just made Srivijaya instead. This one should have been made years ago. Then I realized all I needed to do was steal someone's LH, so kudos to veBear for that. After these guys the Kushans will definitely be next, followed by the Vandals.

Anyhow, I proudly present...

I'm working on a mesoamerica mod, and I could use a several new ones.

The one I need most is for the Taino (I'm already using the Arawak civ), maybe with Hatuey as the LH.

Sure, no problem. I might make the Leader Anacaona instead, as The Capo's Salaminisa LH looks perfect for it, but we'll see. I was also planning several MesoAmerican civs further down the road, if you're interested, namely the Mixtecs and Muisca/Chibchas.

Sure, no problem. I might make the Leader Anacaona instead, as The Capo's Salaminisa LH looks perfect for it, but we'll see. I was also planning several MesoAmerican civs further down the road, if you're interested, namely the Mixtecs and Muisca/Chibchas.

Thanks! Only thing is, I'm already using that LH. I mostly need new civs for new LHs and UBs. I already scoured the forums for leaderheads, so I'll list what I have so far:

Spoiler :

Atotoztli
Topiltzin
Montezuma
Itzcoatl
Cuauhtemoc
Huitzilopochtli
Wayna Kapak
Sinchi
Crazy Horse
Pachacuti
Orkeke
Sipan
Lapu-Lapu
Nanyehi?
Agueybana
Kopenawa
Awiakta?
Mississippian Leader
Cunhambebe
Po Ngbe
Xoc
Smoke Jaguar
Pacal
Jayavarman
Deganawida
Salamasina

I need:
Spoiler :

Tarascans/P'urhepecha:
  • UB: yacata
Nazca:
  • UB: puquios
Tiwanaku:
  • UB: suka kollu
Wari:
  • UB: pucara

UBs for Taino and Caral-Supe

2 Andean-style LHs

2 Carribean-style LHs

Any UUs would be useful; I have enough units, but they all look the same lol. I could use some with more flavor.

I might use the Mixtecs, but if I don't, I'll just use the art for the Zapotecs. I probably won't include the Chibchas, but any new art would still be appreciated.

Nice civ :cool:

Edit: why does the sunglasses on that smiley look so darn wierd?

Wow your coming out with civs right after another, Nice! Thats what.. four or five withing the last several weeks!

Hey a suggestion anyway you can make it modular in the future? its so much more work putting in ones that arent into mods, nonethe less they all look great :goodjob:

Alright, I just finished uploading the Kushans. Enjoy!

THE KUSHANS

Next are the Vandals, and either the Khitan, Libyans, Taino, or

Thanks! Only thing is, I'm already using that LH. I mostly need new civs for new LHs and UBs. I already scoured the forums for leaderheads, so I'll list what I have so far:

Spoiler :

Atotoztli
Topiltzin
Montezuma
Itzcoatl
Cuauhtemoc
Huitzilopochtli
Wayna Kapak
Sinchi
Crazy Horse
Pachacuti
Orkeke
Sipan
Lapu-Lapu
Nanyehi?
Agueybana
Kopenawa
Awiakta?
Mississippian Leader
Cunhambebe
Po Ngbe
Xoc
Smoke Jaguar
Pacal
Jayavarman
Deganawida
Salamasina

I need:
Spoiler :

Tarascans/P'urhepecha:
  • UB: yacata
Nazca:
  • UB: puquios
Tiwanaku:
  • UB: suka kollu
Wari:
  • UB: pucara

UBs for Taino and Caral-Supe

2 Andean-style LHs

2 Carribean-style LHs

Any UUs would be useful; I have enough units, but they all look the same lol. I could use some with more flavor.

I might use the Mixtecs, but if I don't, I'll just use the art for the Zapotecs. I probably won't include the Chibchas, but any new art would still be appreciated.

Thanks for looking up the leaderheads. Again, I can't guarantee that I can do everything you requested, but I'll see what I can do. The Taino are definitely on my list, though, so at least you got that.

Nice civ :cool:

Edit: why does the sunglasses on that smiley look so darn wierd?

The lenses-thingies are slightly tilted at a weird angle, I think.

I like Sirijava.

Thanks! :D

In the index, you have the Bavarians and Khazaria linking to the same download page(Khazaria).

Thanks for telling me. I've changed it accordingly.

Wow your coming out with civs right after another, Nice! Thats what.. four or five withing the last several weeks!

Hey a suggestion anyway you can make it modular in the future? its so much more work putting in ones that arent into mods, nonethe less they all look great :goodjob:

I had a lot of free time the last couple of weeks, so I figured I might as well make some civs. I'll be a bit busier after I finish the Vandals though, but it shouldn't effect me too much.

Personally, I don't do modular civs. Honestly, I'm a stubborn old-school modding conservative and traditionalist who refuses to accept new methods of modding. But really it's because all of the modding I do is non-modular, so it's easier for me if I just keep things consistent for myself; but I'm willing to make some civs modular if you need to add some to your mods.

Well keep the civs going, you and vebear are the only ones out there who really do civs anymore, id do some but cant make LH so cant do much there :/

But i understand not doing modular, if its no trouble modular would help, not sure how easy it is for you, but if its much work dont do it, but if its easy that would be nice, its just all my art is paked using fpk, and whenever i try to unpack it, its so large my comp freezes trying to unpack it, so i try to stick to modular now its easier,

Great!
You should also redo the Khitans/Kara-Khitans (Abaoji/Kuchlug) and the Mughals (Akbar, Babur?)

Top Bottom