How Much is the Diplomacy Hit for the Use of Nukes?

B.A.Start

Chieftain
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but I just can't seem to find it. I'm just wondering how much negative influence do you receive from other AIs when using bombs.

Right now in my game, everyone is afraid of me. But I'm worried they will all declare war as soon as I drop my first nuke. Anyone have any experiences with this in Brave New World?

As long as they do not have nukes themselves, why do you even care :D ? Just wipe em out or ban nukes in the world congress so they stay afraid forever.

I don't think I've ever experienced a hit for using nukes (though I think I've only used atomic bombs, not nuclear missiles if it makes a difference).

I love how you said "first nuke". I agree with dragonxxx, however if they do have nukes then you should find out where they are and nuke them first. If you are seriously considering using a nuke then why bother with public opinion? Just nuke all your problems away if they do declare war on you.

There should be a diplo hit . Your like messing up the world obliterating civilians with the push of a button. In real life there would be a diplo hit. I don 't even like using nukes in the game cause its just too easy. And I am a hawk on war in real life. I love the fact nukes are in the game but I think there needs to be a consequence .
I remember in Civ4 when I first saw nukes used against me. I had played many games and no one ever used one. Was in a war with China I think . Late game I was trying to catch up we were fighting across an ocean. They sent a bomber BOOM I was like wow cool. :cool: I know I just got nuked but it was so unexpected .

From what I have learned on this forum you need to be a bit careful. If another Civ has a unit in the targets radius and you damage it by nuking the the target there is an immediate declaration of war from the third party.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but it is a consequence.

Top Bottom