Leaders

Bush
Aggressive
Protective
He is fighting Islamic Extremism aggressively to protect the west. Some may agree or disagree if it is working but it is not an attempt to expand an empire. So Imperialistic is a poke at Bush and is not an accurate trait.

Well, personally I feel the effects of imperialistic,if not the title is suitable for bush,but more importantly, a john mccain leader would have agg+pro

Australia: Kevin Rudd (Philosophical, Financial)

I don't agree with Rudd being given the "financial" trait. In the course of him trying to do something "good" for the lower class of people in Australia, he'll inadvertently drive up inflation by doing what every Labour government has done for the past 30 years, "giving a helping hand to the poor".

I think that "charismatic" trait would suit Rudd better as he could talk a cow right out of it's calf..... that and the fact he's in love with China and manages to keep them happy.

If EU is going to be a single civ, I think it would be a better idea to put in Angela Merkel or José Luis Rodriguez Zapatero as a leader rather than a somewhat obscure European Commision leader.

Likewise, if England is part of NATO, put in Gordon Brown.

Well, personally I feel the effects of imperialistic,if not the title is suitable for bush,but more importantly, a john mccain leader would have agg+pro

But, we don't have John Mc Cain as our leader we have Obama, so, personally, say Obama should be Charismatic and Organized.

Just so everyone knows, I can start working on leader AI programming once I finish Civics, so just tell me once you all decide.

Yes, it should be Obama, because there's no way we're getting this mod released even Semi-playable until 2009.

Based upon the changing times, we might need to redo the leaderheads, and I volunteer. I think it's particularly important that we use appropriate base leaderheads to get the personalities right; I'll post my ideas later.

Don't think anyone's pointed this out, but you probably want Medvedev for Russia. Putin may hold real power, but Medvedev has the title (when Putin became PM that job suddenly became a whole lot more powerful), possibly include both with option to choose between the two?

It's been discussed, we agreed on Putin. He has the real power, will probably be pres again soon, and there is a great LH for him.

If someone wants to build a Medvedev LH we will definitely put him in there as an option. Right now though we need about 30 new ones just to have one leader for each civ, so before 1.0 is released I wouldn't recommend anyone spend time on making alternates.

Buy hey, if someone wants to work on a Medvedev, by all means go ahead, we will include it!

Update on leaders/leaderheads:

NikNaks added 6 of the high quality leaderheads available to us a while ago. Today I added Obama, real picture buttons for him and the 6 others, as well as finished up pedia entries for each. I also assigned each leaderhead to its civ, so you can now see them all on the "Select your civilization" screen.

If you guys have no objections to the way I am doing the buttons, I will make one for each of the other 41 or so leaders. I think this will be a decent way to show leaders that we only have placeholder leaderheads for.

Once I get the buttons done, I'll add the rest of the leaders to the mod, using the placeholders I came up with in the art thread, unless you guys have better ideas.

Here are two examples of the buttons. If you don't like the way these are being done, now is the time to speak up. Not after I have made the other 41!

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

edit: problem solved

Mahmoud looks kinda freaky... other than that looks great! Keep up the greak work! :goodjob:

I'm not making the leaderheads, blame the artist!

I don't like the way the buttons are done. They should be pictures of the leaderhead, not the leader.

Saakashvili is now going to haunt my nightmares with those horrific eyes. Thanks for nothing! :mad:

hahahahaha, there quite shocking arent they!

hahaha, no kidding.

That brilliant work is courtesy of our very own NikNaks. :)

I don't like the way the buttons are done. They should be pictures of the leaderhead, not the leader.

The reason I am doing it that way, is that we don't have custom leaderheads for all 48 leaders.

If we had great leaderheads for everyone like we do for castro, ahmadinejad, chavez etc, then it would be great to use leaderhead pics as buttons. But for now, we are going to be using placeholders for most of them. So this way at least each real leader will be shown. Some of the placeholder ideas we have so far are less than convincing. (Please contribute suggestions for improvements!)

Once the mod has been released, eventually we'll get custom skins for most of our leaders... we can always redo the buttons then. :)

17 down, 31 to go. The 17 are fully added included buttons and pedia entries.

Top Bottom