Caveman 2 Cosmos

A simple gameplay related question for those of you who've been playing with this kind of mods for a while:

How are you supposed to handle the gazillion religions?
I think at one point I researched about a dozen techs in succession, and every single one of them founded it's own religion. Since I only had four cities...

Are religious victories even possible under such conditions?
I saw there's a game option about "Religion decay" or something, the description of which said it'd cause "less popular" (whatever that means) religions to disappear or something - is that working as I'd expect it to from the description, i.e. like religions have developed irl over the millennia?

I felt totally overwhelmed by the tons of religions that were founded in my cities and was hoping experienced players might have a tip or two how to deal with it.

Edit: The only downside to limiting the religion flood would be the health bonus issue. Lots of religious buildings come with a health bonus, and not having them would prevent larger cities from ever being clean. Decisions, decisions...
_____
rezaf

Which version are you talking about first.

Then try Divine Prophets and nothing else checked about religions.

I never played for religious victory, dont like it. The Culture one for sure does NOT work. Infact the only one i play is Conquest, nothing else.

Thx very much!! :worship:
Looking for extra civs to add on top of Prehistoric NWA for last two weeks!

Try the new D/L its even better, plus a new way to play (think how to play, that is):p

I downloaded this and tested it a little bit. Here are my thoughts:

*The prehistoric era is indeed superior to that in Quot Capita. It actually feels like a unique new portion to the game that we haven't seen before; whereas in QC it's too much like it's just a tacked on annoyance to be gotten through quickly. I also like that instead of new technologies making obsolete improvements detrimental, they upgrade the improvements to the new types. However, I think newer types of improvements should have better bonuses than the ones they replace.

*Nazi Germany should not be its own civilization. There is really no historical rationale for that.

*I like that you've expanded the civics, but some of them seem pretty redundant. I don't see, for example, why one category has Monarchy, Democracy, Representative Democracy, and Federal, and another has Senate, Parliament, and President. The way I see it, the categories should be "Head of State" (replaces current "Government;" ie; King, Prime Minister, President, Party Chairman) and Sovereignty (replaces current "Power;" in other words, where the leader derives his power from; ie Vassalage, Nobles, Clergy, Senate, Parliament, Junta, Technocracy.) So you're on the right track, but I'd switch thing around a little to be more realistic and less confusing. China technically has a president but isn't a democracy; Sweden is a monarchy and also considered the most democratic country on Earth, and the mod should be able to replicate that.

*I love the Brentalfloss song! :lol:

*I like that you've expanded the civics, but some of them seem pretty redundant. I don't see, for example, why one category has Monarchy, Democracy, Representative Democracy, and Federal, and another has Senate, Parliament, and President. The way I see it, the categories should be "Head of State" (replaces current "Government;" ie; King, Prime Minister, President, Party Chairman) and Sovereignty (replaces current "Power;" in other words, where the leader derives his power from; ie Vassalage, Nobles, Clergy, Senate, Parliament, Junta, Technocracy.) So you're on the right track, but I'd switch thing around a little to be more realistic and less confusing. China technically has a president but isn't a democracy; Sweden is a monarchy and also considered the most democratic country on Earth, and the mod should be able to replicate that.

FYI, Civics are inherited from RoM where they went through 6-12 months of discussion and refinement to get to this stage.

I was not aware of that, but I still don't understand them, not exactly. I'll start the mod up and read their pedia entries, though.

*The prehistoric era is indeed superior to that in Quot Capita. It actually feels like a unique new portion to the game that we haven't seen before; whereas in QC it's too much like it's just a tacked on annoyance to be gotten through quickly. I also like that instead of new technologies making obsolete improvements detrimental, they upgrade the improvements to the new types. However, I think newer types of improvements should have better bonuses than the ones they replace.

I agree Hydro went thru a mind racking four months to get to this, of me and him going back and forth of were things should be (he is the thinking man), then DH came in also and offered some tweaks, which makes for a great team so far.:goodjob: We only just got over the Prehistoric Era, now for the other Era's and adding a new one (maybe).

We only just got over the Prehistoric Era, now for the other Era's and adding a new one (maybe).

No maybe, we need to go to the cosmos!! :D Galactic Era and space techs! :D Like you said we make a good team. If we can pull of the prehistoric era, we can make a Galactic Era if we put our heads together (and maybe Civ_Fuhrer's head too). :D

Strategyonly....I will kiss the ground you walk on :lol:. I have been playing cIV for AGES, and finally I am downloading the mod I have been hoping for. Thank you :goodjob:. And I'll let you know if something goes quirky :scan:.

*Nazi Germany should not be its own civilization. There is really no historical rationale for that.

Thats like saying there should not be any Union or Confederate Civs either, because its all USA:crazyeye: Then if you do that you'd also have to take out the Native American Tribes also, part of the USA. etc etc

I'll answer your bit about the Nazis later, in the meantime; please look into this file that will not finish loading at the end of a turn.

Attachments

• Hatshepsut BC-2426.CivBeyondSwordSave
    547.6 KB · Views: 69
I'm not sure what you mean about the new dll, but I did use an Advanced Start, if that's an issue.

Also, when I set up the game, I'm pretty sure I didn't enable increasing difficulty, but in the game I saw the difficulty increase anyway. Why?

I'm not sure what you mean about the new dll, but I did use an Advanced Start, if that's an issue.

Also, when I set up the game, I'm pretty sure I didn't enable increasing difficulty, but in the game I saw the difficulty increase anyway. Why?

Look at the first post just above the DOWNLOAD HERE there is a new dll that makes things faster.

I also just found out that you have to go in the BUG screen and uncheck Flexible Difficultly (A NEW DAWN) it slows things down also, plus "we" have been noticing also lately that when people do advanced starts for some reason, things go a little weird.

Got it downloaded this morning.....went to play it. I went Terra, Temperate, Medium Sea Level, Huge, Settler difficulty, Marathon, France/Napolean, Got to initializing, then Init Graphics, and I get a MAF error. Everytime I reach Init Graphics. What.The.Feck.:mad: I really would like to play this Mod, and this is the only Mod I have not been able to play yet, so what do I do.

Also I would like to point out, in the game speed it only goes down to Epic, is there a way to scroll down or something or is the game speeds shown the only ones available.

EDIT: I have deleted two other mods, and am in the process of compressing my computer to see if I can play it finally.

Got it downloaded this morning.....went to play it. I went Terra, Temperate, Medium Sea Level, Huge, Settler difficulty, Marathon, France/Napolean, Got to initializing, then Init Graphics, and I get a MAF error. Everytime I reach Init Graphics. What.The.Feck.:mad: I really would like to play this Mod, and this is the only Mod I have not been able to play yet, so what do I do.

Also I would like to point out, in the game speed it only goes down to Epic, is there a way to scroll down or something or is the game speeds shown the only ones available.

More than likely then you need to look at the Recommended Specs of this HUGE mod, around in the 1 - 4 posts.

Yeah, that only happens when you Play Now, i dont like it either cause i only play on Epic speed, but thats the way Afforess made it, (I also ONLY play Custom Scenarios, and haven't any MAF, errors nothing) and i myself dont know how to change it, sorry (Anyone else know how?)

More than likely then you need to look at the Recommended Specs of this HUGE mod, around in the 1 - 4 posts.

I don't see the recommended Specs, but I read the Memory Allocation threads, and they didn't really mean much to me (Every post was a "I have a MAF", and in between was a "well is Firaxis going to fix it", or "Well mine is fine after doing such and such to my save game"" Well, save games aren't a problem, it is just getting this Mod to work so I can play it. I have had a few MAfs before in regular BTS games, but this mod is the only one I am havign a problem. I really would like to play this Mod, but now I can't even get past initializing, so yeah, I really would like someone to fix this error, otherwise I am wasting my time trying to play the unplayable.

EDIT: Here is my specs (I think these are my specs, I am not entirely computer literate):

Version: 6.0.6002 Service Pack Build 6002
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire 5515
System Type: X86-Based PC
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor 2650e, 1600 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date: Acer v1.00, 12/3/2008
SMBIOS Version: 2.4
Hardware Abstraction Layer: Version = "6.0.6002.18005"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB
Total Physical Memory: 2.75 GB
Available Physical Memory: 1.54 GB
Total Virtual Memory: 5.72 GB
Available Virtual Memory: 4.42 GB
Page File Space: 3.04 GB

Also, I have a 60GB Harddrive, 23.5 GB free space, if that is important.

Top Bottom