Bugs/Error reports

Oops. I created an option for the mapscripts so that the wormholes' names weren't displayed in game via landmark tags (as they are in ST). But I didn't realize the wormholes should just be renamed so the pedia entries don't display the ST names.

The problem, though, is that each wormhole is a different feature type. So the pedia articles can't all be "Wormhole", otherwise there will be three duplicate entries, one for blue, one for red, and one for purple*. You can change the names in the XML, I guess, to "Blue Wormhole", "Red Wormhole", "Purple Wormhole", or just "Wormhole" and have duplicate entries. (The alternative would be to rewrite the Wormholes XML and python to have all three wormholes as just one feature, and use feature varities instead of different feature types, which I could do as well).

*I'm not actually sure what the color of the third wormhole is...

There's a "white" wormhole as well (I added screenshots with the wormhole upload). If you could add in the text files, that would be great, as I currently don't have access to BtS... :(

(The alternative would be to rewrite the Wormholes XML and python to have all three wormholes as just one feature, and use feature varities instead of different feature types, which I could do as well).

Maybe a bit hardcoding in the civilopedia python files, that only the first wormwhole should appear, is a bit easier, i guess.

Okay, I've done some work on Wormholes. I added help text to the pedia, changed the names to "Wormhole" (for all three), and did as The_J suggested in the python files. The net result is that now all three wormholes share the name, and also seemingly share a pedia page- only one of the three pedia pages appears.

The zip contains the two XML files I've changed in the Modules\Wormholes folder (they're already in it), and the two python interface files I changed. One, CvPediaFeature.py, is new, and the other, CvPediaMain.py, already exists in MOO2Civ (and all Final Frontier mods). They go in Assets\Python\Screens.

Attachments

• Wormholes Renamed.zip
    11.4 KB · Views: 60
:D Thanks! Alright if I upload it offically? (As said, I can't check if anything works right now...)

:D Thanks! Alright if I upload it offically? (As said, I can't check if anything works right now...)

Well, you might want to put the files into proper directories under a "MOO2Civ Patch 4l" folder first, but yeah, you can feel free to release it is a little patch for MOO2Civ.

My thoughts exactly. Thanks again; I'll upload it later. ;)

EDIT: The Civpedia files show up as python files, so can I just put them in the Assets\Python folder or is there a subfolder needed?

somehow my computer crashes every time when i want to play the freaking game....
I installed it once into a new folder. -> didn't work, crash while initializing the game wihile loading graphics.
I installed it (after deleding every last file of thie folder) in the ff folder. -> didn't work
I installed it into another new folder after making a complete new game, i did delet everything of the previous files. -> didn't work either
and last but not least i tried to install it into the folder ff of the new game. -> crashed at the same point

The version which is in the game itself works good, but somehow it doesn't work properly when i install the newest version... please help, i have no idea why it doesn't work.. :(

Did you update your BtS version to 3.19?

And, if you did, did you do it by manually downloading 3.19 here, or by using the in-game updater? The in-game updater doesn't work.

i used the ingame updater, doens't it function properly? :( and yeah of couse i updated it....

No, the in-game updater does not always work properly. You need to manually apply the patch by downloading it from CFC (the link in my post above goes directly to the download page).

somehow my computer crashes every time when i want to play the freaking game....
I installed it once into a new folder. -> didn't work, crash while initializing the game wihile loading graphics.
I installed it (after deleding every last file of thie folder) in the ff folder. -> didn't work
I installed it into another new folder after making a complete new game, i did delet everything of the previous files. -> didn't work either
and last but not least i tried to install it into the folder ff of the new game. -> crashed at the same point

The version which is in the game itself works good, but somehow it doesn't work properly when i install the newest version... please help, i have no idea why it doesn't work.. :(

Also, is this about Final Frontier, MOO2Civ or plain BtS that doesn't work? :confused:

Hi there, please help with this tech. issue below:

I installed patch 4l and the BST was upgraded to 3.19, had no problem running other mods. But an Application Error message pops up when game graphic is initializing, message is:

The instruction at "0x500f800" referenced memory at "0x000001a0" The memory could not be read.

Then the game got terminated.

Does anyone have any idea what it means and how to solve it?

Correction: the message pops up at Player Setup when the game is being initialized.

Ah, OK... so the mod loads fine, but you get this message during set-up? Is it installed correctly? Have you tried earlier versions and did they load OK?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yup, I tried patch K and it was the same ...

Installation wise, I installed it under the Mod folder of BTS.

The message pops up after all game configurations are done and after the initialize graphics phase. Perhaps there is something wrong with the player set up?

Top Bottom