Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Hi,

I have a problem with the menue screen. There are no visible letters at all. The menue points are avaible and I can go to the next screen, but there its the same. No letters at all:
Spoiler :

At first I Installed the game in german, so I thought this:

will help, but installing in englich gives the same result.
Does this Problem occur to someone else

Andre
Go into My Games/Beyond the Sword/CivilizationIV.ini, search for "Language" and type "0" instead of "2". You need to put the game in English; what language you choose when installing is for the installer, iirc.

graphical bug when blockading

Attachments

• tradeblocked.png
    tradeblocked.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 169
Go into My Games/Beyond the Sword/CivilizationIV.ini, search for "Language" and type "0" instead of "2". You need to put the game in English; what language you choose when installing is for the installer, iirc.

Thanks a lot, now its working fine.

Not sure about the Letum Frigus but no Arctic Deer is to be expected since they are getting removed. You should still have regular deer nearby since they now pop in taiga as well.

Yea, had loads of the regular, removing another health source doesn't sound good. :p

More bugs, :(

Dancing Bear shows as a large pink square (approx 1.5x the size of the others in the mouse over view.
Captured Mammoths & Elephants don't get Tame, Bears do.
Obsidian not connected to cities, mine & road on tile.

Yea, had loads of the regular, removing another health source doesn't sound good. :p
Oh, stop whining please. That's only 1 point (2 with a hunting lodge).

Dancing Bear shows as a large pink square (approx 1.5x the size of the others in the mouse over view.
Thanks.
That one is known but not fixed still.

its more cosmetic issue but...strategical informatiion about jotnar in pedia has nothing to to with "jotnar in rife".

in short : rife jotnar is kuriotateish: rare but big 3 radius cities ( due to inbuilt city number upkeep penalty) but original jotnar is as description says: small city spamming civ.

Hill Giants aren't leashed. Minotaurs are.

O.o But you said...

Hill Giants are steadily let off their leashes, based on age. Not sure how it lost it's leash in that manner, however; Comes off at age 100.

The giant in the screenshot is not even tagged as leashed. It is also only age 2 so unless its range is 3+ tiles to begin with I am having trouble reconciling these statements.

Or is all the previous conversation in the thread about giants meant for minotaurs?

Bright day
Jotnar in our games do not seem able to get sea resources. Sea farms seem to be removed, yet the ability to build fishing boats is absent still.

I'm going to call this a bug/oversight instead of a balance issue and post it here. The Malakim have been totally boned by the desert changes. The -1 movement cost in desert is practically wasted now that deserts cost 3. Pretty much all of their units are stuck moving 1 tile per turn even in their own control area. It takes forever to go anywhere.

Explore lair is acting very strange. You can't cast it if you are out of movement points. When casting it there's often a delay before anything happens, usually under a second but still noticeable. The green and red text messages telling you if the lair has been destroyed or not isn't showing up. I've also been getting positive "success" events without destroying the lair, sometimes multiple times in a row, like the free tech or unit events. I know in 1.23 you could get like 50 gold and not destroy the lair, but I never saw a free tech on a failure until today.

To add to this, I've had a few occasions where a unit had full movement points, I clicked explore lair, and their movement points were removed but the lair was not explored. No sound effect, no messages, just a wasted turn. Another oddity, goblin forts can be claimed without exploring the lair, which leaves you with a controlled fort that can still be explored. Finally I had a graveyard that spat out those ghost things every single turn I tried to explore it for 23 turns in a row. At first it was awesome exp, then it just got frustrating. :rolleyes:

BUG. Mazatl priests of Kalesh can cast 'found temple of Kilmorph' in cities with a 'sacullum of Kalshekh' (the Mazatle ToK replacement). I did not check if this bug is also present with the Empyrion & Empyrion mazatl replacement, but I presume it is.

if you have similar glitches in other games then yes it is your video card. most likely the ram. (you may also look at the temperature and if you overclock your card you should stop that.)

here is a good article, if you have those issues chances are your card is dying (mine did this spring):
http://www.playtool.com/pages/artifacts/artifacts.html

Well, the odd thing is that only thing that goes like that is the main menu screen of RifE. :D It's like that no matter what the temperature and I have never overclocked my video card (don't even know how to do that). As the article says, it seems that my card is dying. Luckily I can play RifE without any problems. :)

But about problems, I think I found a minor display issue: the "Build a Farm (60)" is displayed twice. I haven't come up with any idea why that would be intentional.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0090.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0090.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 128
"Player had cast arcane lacuna" on turn 2 with wild mana enabled - i presume because of scripted conditions for it not including a certain number of owned arcane units and possibly state of war.

Addendum: second game with same conditions - and again Amurites cast their Arcane Lacuna on turn 2.

I can confirm this. Started a play now game with all default options (except for increased rivers, I figured I'd need those :p), and they cast it on their first turn.

Just to clarify, Wild Mana was not enabled at all.

Edit: I started a new game after my two farms got pillaged for the sixth time, and they cast it first turn again.

Attachments

• Arcane Lacuna.jpg
    Arcane Lacuna.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 114
Moin...

thanks a lot, valk & team. Finally. Played the D'Tesh in morning, went to eat with my Lady, made 50 km (not miles) on my racebike and now I am again playing for 3 hours my D'Tesh game on immortal (no special settings) as 1st - and it's fun - and it's stable:D:D:D Only bug till now: I can't upgrade my magic units. Not apprentice to mage (i am using the old names), no mage to arcmage/lich (I found a mage in a dungeon). Can lord D'Tesh be upgraded to a Lich or is he already one (he looks like one)?

Thanks and greez,

Tschuggi

P.S.: Nietz cannot upgrade to horseman, Rangers cannot upgrade to Beasthunter/man or whatever the level higherupgrade is called. All my other units can upgrade (have already champions, sentinels and Longbowmen). And, by the way, I have all resources, buildings, unitlevel and techs I need to upgrade the mentioned units.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a result of the forts producing culture now, but I thought I'd stick it here. The turn after taking the Amurite city and getting the leader has been defeated pop up, I got, 'bla bla bla is now known as the Amurite tribe.' I checked in world builder and the only remaining Amurite units I can see are two fort commanders. I killed everything else or it disappeared when I took the last city. I was also able to contact them and come to a peace arrangement. Complete kills wasn't checked.

I don't know if the intention was to have us hunt and destroy all the forts of our enemies or if it's a just bug. I hadn't seen this before, but since forts produce culture that seems to be the most likely cause.

It's an issue that I need to track down and fix.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CvEventInterface", line 30, in onEvent
File "CvCustomEventManager", line 136, in handleEvent
File "CvCustomEventManager", line 147, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "CvEventManager", line 1094, in onGameStart
KeyError: 'Forest Creeper'

Got this one when generating the map after checking the 'Dark Forests' option. Only got it once.

Bug, fixed next patch. Forgot to add those units back into the dict.

I downloaded the 1.30 and the main menu screen isn't working. I just get some wierd blocks. :confused:
I hope that's not how it's supposed to work :lol:

That is... odd.

As the Mekara, having a slave settle in a city removes all interfaces from the city screen. Otherwise no issues experienced, yet.

Playing as Mekara, casting "Settle Slave" bugs a city so that the detailed view no longer works. Double clicking a city shows the city "frame" but it's all blank and the normal view UI overlaps it (like the score board). 90% sure that's what it was anyway. BTW that ability could use some sort of tooltip, as I have no idea what it was supposed to do.

Edit:Ninja! >.<

Known issue, will be fixed. For now there is a patch available for the module in the Mekara thread.

I already removed the ability for any unit to pillage in my game. Total headache.

As for the 25% faster build time thing, I noticed that even in 1.23 when a build time reduction was split in two, like for yarangas, the first reduction did nothing. You had to research both techs to get a faster build time. That may be happening with all of them now since it looks like they were all split up. I dunno though, I haven't really been paying attention to the build times, I just know it's looong, so I've been making huge stacks of workers for everything.

Hmm... That could explain some of it. I'll check it out.

Seems like you have different DPI, and that changes size of buttons. I'll try to fix that in next patch

well, since I don't have Steam version of Civilization and i don't know anyone with Steam version, i really can't predict what can happen ... /: ... i will look at this problem

NOTSET is default path where launcher searches for RifE folder - it's basically only placeholder and shouldn't happen after first launch ... however it might be caused by having no write access to RifE folder, so try to set everything in /Rise from Erebus/ to NOT read-only, and give the files with in /Rise from Erebus/ folder permission to be edited by everyone, or at least by you ... i told Valkrionn to set that folder to have this properties, but i guess it wasn't possible so, Valkrionn, if you are reading this, could you put that sentence in bold to first post?

I guess that if what GreyFox said is true, so this is that problem - try installing 3.5 version.

It's not possible for the installer to change that, AFAIK.

But I will do that, yes.

Some things i encountered so far, but dont know if bug or intended:

While farms, mines and camps are buildable without their techs the rest of the improvements (Quarry, Plantation, Whinery) are only buildable with their techs. Intended?

Playing as Lyosalfar, building improvements in Ancient Wood resulting in copping them down.

Horsebackriding has TXT_KEY_SPELL_UPGRADE_WOLF_RIDER in it.
Archery has TXT_KEY_SPELL_UPGRADE_ARCHER in it.
Trade has TXT_KEY_SPELL_UPGRADE_CHARIOT and 2x TXT_KEY_SPELL_HIRE_GIANT

4. (Think this was allready reported) Great Engineer can build Steamworks (Elves with Steampower whooohooo :D )

1. Intended
  2. Bug, likely with LinkedBuilds.
  3. Bug, will be fixed.
  4. Bug, already fixed in my version.

Goblin Forts once all the defenders are killed and moved onto a both the Explore Lair & Capture Fort buttons are available.
Shouldn't it be that you can only capture it once the lair has been cleared, or it not be a lair at all?
Capturing it without clearing it gave a 3x3 block of culture, the same as the savages culture had been.

*Update* Capture then Clearing caused the Fort Commander to disappear the next turn. :(

Hmm... Looks like I need to place a block against claiming anything that spawns units for other civs. Though then that :):):):)s up the Isle... Maybe just a bUnclaimable tag.

Trying to open it in Firefox, got this:
&#1054;&#1096;&#1080;&#1073;&#1082;&#1072; &#1089;&#1080;&#1085;&#1090;&#1072;&#1082;&#1089;&#1080;&#1095;&#1077;&#1089;&#1082;&#1086;&#1075;&#1086; &#1072;&#1085;&#1072;&#1083;&#1080;&#1079;&#1072; XML: &#1085;&#1077;&#1087;&#1088;&#1072;&#1074;&#1080;&#1083;&#1100;&#1085;&#1099;&#1081;
&#1040;&#1076;&#1088;&#1077;&#1089;: file:///D:/Games/Sid%20Meier%27s%20Civilization%204/Beyond%20the%20Sword/Mods/Rise%20from%20Erebus/Assets/XML/Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml
&#1057;&#1090;&#1088;&#1086;&#1082;&#1072; 9523, &#1089;&#1080;&#1084;&#1074;&#1086;&#1083; 43: <Image>Art\GreatPeople\Simple\Tuatha D&#65533; Danann.dds</Image>

btw, did this intending to make pioneer instaspam a Fort not goddamned Citadel :)

I have no clue what this post is supposed to mean?

TXT_KEY_SUN_PERCEPTION stuff in pedia spell list

Damn. Thought I fixed that, apparently missed one. Thought the spell and promotion were using the same textkey.

"Player had cast arcane lacuna" on turn 2 with wild mana enabled - i presume because of scripted conditions for it not including a certain number of owned arcane units and possibly state of war.

Addendum: second game with same conditions - and again Amurites cast their Arcane Lacuna on turn 2.

Yep, need to fix the pyreq for that.

This is an old bug from 1.23, but Marksman units can't use bronze or iron weapons. This makes them worse than crossbowmen, which don't have a level requirement.

Flurries, the elven marksman UU, can still use weapons, though.

Not sure that's a bug, frankly. You give up metal weapons and gain the marksman ability.

Explore lair is acting very strange. You can't cast it if you are out of movement points. When casting it there's often a delay before anything happens, usually under a second but still noticeable. The green and red text messages telling you if the lair has been destroyed or not isn't showing up. I've also been getting positive "success" events without destroying the lair, sometimes multiple times in a row, like the free tech or unit events. I know in 1.23 you could get like 50 gold and not destroy the lair, but I never saw a free tech on a failure until today.

I'm having sporadic crashes while loading saves too. It crashes on "initializing," but I can't actually see if it's crashed or not without ctrl-alt-deleting and bringing up the task manager. The game will just sit there with the spinning globe looking like it's still loading, even though an error window has popped up in the background stating the program needs to close. It's not repeatable though, the same save might crash once while loading, then when I restart the app it will load up just fine.

Lairs are no longer destroyed every time. Like the changelog says: It's now in the DLL. They'll need to be balanced a bit better, and that is intended to be the first patch.

Erebus world map script as Illians:

No Arctic Deer or Letum Frigus (there was an Ice node near my start, wild mana ect. was off all unique features & double resources on).

Arctic Deer isn't an issue. Letum issue is from the lair clearing function... Just an oversight.

graphical bug when blockading

Interesting one.

More bugs, :(

• Will fix the icon
  • Will check it. Not sure what's wrong off the top of my head.
  • Known issue.

its more cosmetic issue but...strategical informatiion about jotnar in pedia has nothing to to with "jotnar in rife".

in short : rife jotnar is kuriotateish: rare but big 3 radius cities ( due to inbuilt city number upkeep penalty) but original jotnar is as description says: small city spamming civ.

Jotnar will be redone soon as it is.

O.o But you said...

The giant in the screenshot is not even tagged as leashed. It is also only age 2 so unless its range is 3+ tiles to begin with I am having trouble reconciling these statements.

Or is all the previous conversation in the thread about giants meant for minotaurs?

I was tired, and confused myself. Everything I said about Giants being leashed was meant for Minotaurs.

Bright day
Jotnar in our games do not seem able to get sea resources. Sea farms seem to be removed, yet the ability to build fishing boats is absent still.

Forgot to add it back :p

Bad Opera. :p

I'm going to call this a bug/oversight instead of a balance issue and post it here. The Malakim have been totally boned by the desert changes. The -1 movement cost in desert is practically wasted now that deserts cost 3. Pretty much all of their units are stuck moving 1 tile per turn even in their own control area. It takes forever to go anywhere.

I'll have to adjust that.

To add to this, I've had a few occasions where a unit had full movement points, I clicked explore lair, and their movement points were removed but the lair was not explored. No sound effect, no messages, just a wasted turn. Another oddity, goblin forts can be claimed without exploring the lair, which leaves you with a controlled fort that can still be explored. Finally I had a graveyard that spat out those ghost things every single turn I tried to explore it for 23 turns in a row. At first it was awesome exp, then it just got frustrating. :rolleyes:

Yes, the lair results need to be balanced.

BUG. Mazatl priests of Kalesh can cast 'found temple of Kilmorph' in cities with a 'sacullum of Kalshekh' (the Mazatle ToK replacement). I did not check if this bug is also present with the Empyrion & Empyrion mazatl replacement, but I presume it is.

Thanks, will fix it.

Moin...

thanks a lot, valk & team. Finally. Played the D'Tesh in morning, went to eat with my Lady, made 50 km (not miles) on my racebike and now I am again playing for 3 hours my D'Tesh game on immortal (no special settings) as 1st - and it's fun - and it's stable:D:D:D Only bug till now: I can't upgrade my magic units. Not apprentice to mage (i am using the old names), no mage to arcmage/lich (I found a mage in a dungeon). Can lord D'Tesh be upgraded to a Lich or is he already one (he looks like one)?

Thanks and greez,

Tschuggi

P.S.: Nietz cannot upgrade to horseman, Rangers cannot upgrade to Beasthunter/man or whatever the level higherupgrade is called. All my other units can upgrade (have already champions, sentinels and Longbowmen). And, by the way, I have all resources, buildings, unitlevel and techs I need to upgrade the mentioned units.

D'teshi Arcane units have a higher minlevel to upgrade.

Moin,

the arcane units I have are all at about level 8-12 but not possible to upgrade. As for Nietz (the Horsethievehero): I need horses to upgrade mounted units but I can't build pastures... can't trade them because I'm in war with all:D
As fore Rangers... I do need groves to upgrade them but it's not possible to build groves although i researched all needed techs... or do D'Tesh not have Beastmasters?

Moin,

round 311, first crash:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::aargh::aargh::aargh::mad::cry:
I suppose it happend when archos attack me and took over a fort near their border and my city. Strange was that I couldn't build my commander in this fort after I conquered it back.

Ah, and when "exploring" the red forests a code but no text is popping up.

Greez,

Tschuggi

Someone suggested changing the mod directory to not be read-only to fix launcher errors. Which makes sense, but since I wasn't having a problem loading the launcher, it did not help me. My problem is that when I try to launch the game, the arguments for the startinfo are incorrect.

I believe I have found the problem...
In FormMain.ButtonLaunch_Click(Object, EventArgs), this section:

Code:
    if (this.comboBoxSaves.SelectedIndex == 0)
    {
        Application.Exit();
        string str2 = FormMain.pathToMod;
        str2 = str2.Substring(str2.LastIndexOf(@"\"));
        str2 = "mod=" + str2;
        startInfo.Arguments = str2;
        Process.Start(startInfo);
    }

where it says ( str2 = "mod=" + str2; ), I believe that should be ( str2 = "mod=\"" + str2 + "\""; )
I'm guessing that most people are running Win7 or Vista and maybe it ignores the fact that there are spaces in the mod directory. However on WinXP, at least for me, the mod directory must be enclosed in quotes (this is the same for the shortcut that was generated for RifE 1.2), otherwise the spaces in the name screws things up.

At least, I think that's the problem.

Dunno if it's intended, but playing as the Legion if I build a corrupted pasture on a camel the camel disappears.

Top Bottom