Research after Oracle race

plako

Emperor
Oracle race is going on and no matter, if we lose or win, it is quite probable that we'll need to set new goals for turns 60->. The city sites and their build queues are discussed city index thread, but now we should start to think how we research and what are our next Wonder we would like to get.

I see following main alternatives:
* Code of laws: if we loose the raise
* Masonry - Monotheism: Especially if Judaism is still available. (Is Polytheism also needed to get Monotheism or is Masonry and Meditation enough?)
* Mathematics: Prerequisite to many several other useful techs (e.g. Construction and Currency) and enables Aqueduct to improve our healt situation
* Alphabet: Mainly to allow tech trading and spys (This requires, that we meet someone before it makes sense to consider researching)
* Monarchy: Mainly to raise our happy cap
* Sailing: To hook up silver right after it has been mined and enable Lighthouse
* Polyheism-Aesthetics-Literacy: Going for Great library
... there are also other possibilities e.g. Iron Working, but I think above list contains the most potential candidates.

My preliminary priority list is below
* Code of laws (especially if religion available)
* Monarchy/Mathematics (if we don't have religion I would go for Monarchy)

My opinion might change based on your reasoning and suprises in the game.

Once we win the Oracle race (and we will dangit) we'll be ready to expand like a maniac... cottages and courthouses for finance with axes and immortals for defense. So the only thing left are techs to make all those cities better... so I recommend Monarchy for Hereditary Rule and higher happy caps and Monotheism (requires Masonry and Polytheism) for more production.

Once we win the Oracle race (and we will dangit) we'll be ready to expand like a maniac... cottages and courthouses for finance with axes and immortals for defense. So the only thing left are techs to make all those cities better... so I recommend Monarchy for Hereditary Rule and higher happy caps and Monotheism (requires Masonry and Polytheism) for more production.
Maths -> Currency is also a decent line (or else Alphabet if we meet someone, maybe). But I agree that happiness is the main priority, so Monarchy should be first on the list. Perhaps consider Polytheism (if Hinduism hasn't already been founded), very low priority perhaps Monotheism (if Judaism hasn't been founded) on the way to Monarchy.

* Sailing: To hook up silver right after it has been mined and enable Lighthouse
We won't be founding that city for a little while, so going for Monarchy first should be fine. Sailing is probably the next priority though.

* Polyheism-Aesthetics-Literacy: Going for Great library
I personally think we should give up on this one... chances are too slim. Let's play to our strengths, and concentrate on REXing and going for the economic/happy techs. ;)

So, my thoughts after Writing are: Monarchy -> Sailing -> Mathematics or Alphabet

i definitly agree with monarcy .. and sailing after that seems like a good option either .. as for the rest .. i'll give my opinion once we're there

Top Bottom