Turn Discussion Thread

Here is screenshot:

Attachments

• S3360.JPG
    S3360.JPG
    214.9 KB · Views: 351
I agree with city 2 being founded 1 north of horses. Great early game city with room for another $$ city in the floodplains.

The thing about the horses site is that a it's a southern chokepoint that will draw barb attention, floodplains for growth and cottages, forests for chopping, and hills for production, with a possible chance of production recources later. Oh and horses for our UU. Realy what more could u want? Oh and a river 4 the health and $

City 3 should be 1NE of the E incense, on the hill. 8 floodplains + a little production = science city? Great Library could be rushed there if we got a GE. :( I wiiish we had stone. I love large triangle shaped tombs.

City 3 should be 1NE of the E incense, on the hill. 8 floodplains + a little production = science city? Great Library could be rushed there if we got a GE. :( I wiiish we had stone. I love large triangle shaped tombs.
I think you're getting your east and west confused, Duke Blakestone. ;)

We will not get an early Great Engineer unless we get the Pyramids. There's just no other way.

Regarding the city placement, see the posts in this thread. :)

I checked some interesting but probably useless information yesterday.

It seems that we're number #2 in GNP. We've 20 when #1 has 23. They either have 2 sea resources, early cottage and sea resource or gems/gold/silver in their BFC. Furthermore it seems that 3 of the other capitals are still on size 1.

Remember that GNP now varies in BTS depending on what you're researching. Since we're researching The Wheel (a tech with no prerequisites), our GNP appears lower than it would otherwise be. So don't rely too much on the GNP figures at this stage of the game. ;)

Warrior moved NW. The lion is closing in. Should we attack him directly, or wait to defend against him? (Probably better to defend, since the odds will not be great for attacking, and we'll get the extra defensive bonus of terrain when defending. Less potential XP though...)

I would follow original scouting plan and go NW. Attacking isn't worth it. Scouting and protecting our first settler have a lot higher priority than getting maximum exprience. Losing warrior potentially delays our settling of second city. I would like to have two warriors securing (fogbusting) the path for our settler.

Hey, there's internet connecion over here!

Attacking the lion is just a bad idea. Continue NW, hopefully the lion will turn around (on a hill we'll have he same odds as our scout... horray)

I agree with Plako about following scout plan.

DMOC: re XP re Lion battle, I am not sure you have read that right. I thought if you win a fight you get 1 EP point, whether attacking or defending.

I think the point is , the surival chances are better defending and hence getting xp.

Hey, there's internet connecion over here!

Attacking the lion is just a bad idea. Continue NW, hopefully the lion will turn around (on a hill we'll have he same odds as our scout... horray)
Actually, I think he'll have slightly higher odds. On a hill the Scout is strength 2.25 (strength 1 + 125%), whereas the Warrior should be strength 2.5 (strength 2 + 25%).

I agree with Plako about following scout plan.

DMOC: re XP re Lion battle, I am not sure you have read that right. I thought if you win a fight you get 1 EP point, whether attacking or defending.

I think the point is , the surival chances are better defending and hence getting xp.
Actually, I was referring to the fact that you get more XP (double, I think) when attacking as opposed to defending. Check it out and see for yourselves - try a 50% odds battle in WB, and see how many XP you get for attacking (and winning) as opposed to defending (and winning). ;)

Warrior moved NW. Nothing of much interest discovered.

The lion has moved away again.

Next move for the Warrior? I suggest SW if the lion does not move to an adjacent square; W if it does.

I also vote we move the warrior iW onto the hill to reveal more tiles... and then did so!

Bah, nothing shiny in the water, so lame. 1SW is my vote for next turn.

Also looks like we got some mountains across that river.

I don't see any tundra or mountain at all. Anyway, the warrior should move West (SW would just reveal less tiles and W reveals more coastal tiles and has less risk of barbarians). On the turn after that, the warrior should then move SW.

Also, could you turn on resource indicators when taking screenshots here? It just makes it easier on us who can't access the game. :)

Top Bottom