Game not launching

same here.

The movie finishes and I'm looking at a black screen. Validating game files didn't help

Does it really matter what the specs are? This game worked fine, but each patch has edged my below spec computer almost out of the picture. The only thing in my case which I have not confirmed is rebooting the computer a couple of times or viruses that eat up system resources that cause the game to "not work". The only other issue is the game has "crapped" out the hardware and it will need to be replaced, and if the new is not as robust as the game demands, then in a couple of months, it will be burned out also. Just my 2 cents.

I forgot to add that a computer that had an older integrated video, would not launch the game also. I installed a nvidea GT 7900 and the game works flawlessly. It seems to me that it is specs, but the game can "burn" out hardware that is not robust.

I have a 2600K and Nvidia 570 SLI and I had the game running fine when the last patch came out. I even updated my mod. However, I just tried to run the game and I get the DX9/DX11 selection screen, but nothing happens after that with either selection.

Steam updated something when I ran it and I installed Win 7 x64 updates this morning. Everything else runs fine.

Edit: I ran the Steam Cache verification and now the game starts.

Well mine started to work and then stopped after rebooting a couple of times. It is still finding files to download though. There was another patch also in the last 2 days and things hopefully will settle down long enough to get a couple of turns finished.

I have a 2600K and Nvidia 570 SLI and I had the game running fine when the last patch came out. I even updated my mod. However, I just tried to run the game and I get the DX9/DX11 selection screen, but nothing happens after that with either selection.

Steam updated something when I ran it and I installed Win 7 x64 updates this morning. Everything else runs fine.

Edit: I ran the Steam Cache verification and now the game starts.

Good call. For those that are uninformed like me, right click the game (under library) from within Steam and go to properties. Go to Local Files and press the button.

Top Bottom