Ancient/Pre-Steam Unit Graphics

@Fairline

The SL Wiki has been updated with all the recent new scenarios. I can also send you a copy of the SCW ToT scenario Tech and I are playing, though it hasn't been optimised for single player yet. John Petroski's Germanicus on the Rhine was a very challenging game and Nicheal's Blood and Sieges is well worth a look. I haven't had much time to play over the last year or two but Tootall_2012's Battle of Iwo Jima 1945 looks very interesting.

BTW I love the ancient ships. You wouldn't happen to have any Phoenician or Hellenic Triemes floating around would you? If not I think I can adapt the ones you posted for A Soaring Spirit.

@civ2units
For a single player game I think Curt's map would be the best choice to give the AI a chance. I think my larger maps are more suited for multiplayer games and single player games where most of the AI's units appear via events.

@Fairline
...John Petroski's Germanicus on the Rhine was a very challenging game and Nicheal's Blood and Sieges is well worth a look. I haven't had much time to play over the last year or two but Tootall_2012's Battle of Iwo Jima 1945 looks very interesting.

Thanks for the info; I'll have to give the WW2 scenarios a try in future. I drew the units and some terrain for Germanicus, which was my last big project before 'retirement'.

I've spent all afternoon playing Frederick the Great and really enjoyed it. The 'one more turn' syndrome is alive and kicking :) Also spent a bit of time tinkering with unit gfx, just to get my eye in again.

BTW I love the ancient ships. You wouldn't happen to have any Phoenician or Hellenic Triemes floating around would you? If not I think I can adapt the ones you posted for A Soaring Spirit.

Thanks, but those are all I've got. Are you using BeBro's ships for your scenario?

You´re right. I also noticed that the AI is very stupid when using your big map (I tested it for my civilwar scenario, the map included the Eastern and Western theater. But for the Independence War your map is very good. Curt´s map would be too small as I´m cutting off all the parts I don´t need.

@Fairline:
I released a full version of my Independende War scenario a couple of years ago. Maybe you will try a game

American War of Independence

Yes, they are perfectly adequate, I'm just being greedy :D

I think I'd rate Bernd's ships more than adequate ;)

Do you have a link to the scenario files Drew? I'd like to have a tinker with the units if that suits you. I may even draw some new ships. :mischief:

Do you have a link to the scenario files Drew? I'd like to have a tinker with the units if that suits you. I may even draw some new ships. :mischief:

I will e-mail you the scenario files this evening. It is still a work in progress but essentially it is a ToT conversion of the original with added extras. As always I'm starting off with a multiplayer version and then I will look at was in which I can make it work in single player.

Excellent. Look forward to getting them :)

We ought to have some pics as this is a graphics thread. Inspired by Tanelorn's fantasic Greeks, I've churned out some wip Macedonian phalangites. Hopefully more Maks to follow, including Successor armies.

Attachments

• fairline pezhetairoi 2013.png
    fairline pezhetairoi 2013.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 1,102
I enjoyed the original C2U, and I I'd love to play the new version. Is it USA only still, or do I get to play as those nasty redcoats and give the colonial upstarts a good kicking?

This version is only playable with the Americans but the new one will give you the choice of fighting for or against the revolution. You can currently play as the Brits but I don´t think that you will have much fun. ;)

Btw, your latest units looking fantastic. Would like to see all the other ancient units you posted some years ago now updated in ToT.

This version is only playable with the Americans but the new one will give you the choice of fighting for or against the revolution. You can currently play as the Brits but I don´t think that you will have much fun. ;)

Can I wait until the play-as-Brits version is available, or is that some way off?

Btw, your latest units looking fantastic. Would like to see all the other ancient units you posted some years ago now updated in ToT.

Thanks. There's no need - Tanelorn has done a superb job redoing the Greeks and Persians. I'm planning to just fill in the gaps with some Diadochi units.

@Fairline

Quick and dirty Greek Penteconter, bireme and trireme. I'll tart them up a bit sometime, and give them sails if you prefer. They'll do as placeholders for Soaring Spirit, I guess.

Attachments

• fairline Greek ships.png
    fairline Greek ships.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 1,057
I have been offline for a few days whilst I swapped around rooms and moved my office to a new location. I love the Triremes. I think they look better with sails, although I realise they normally fought with them down, they just look more colourful!

Can I wait until the play-as-Brits version is available, or is that some way off?

I´m still working on the new version, which will include a British Campaign. You can play with the Brits now, but you should delete the events file. Otherwise you will get tons of new units spawned on the map and the poor colonists won´t have any realistic chance to win the revolution. :D

Thanks. There's no need - Tanelorn has done a superb job redoing the Greeks and Persians. I'm planning to just fill in the gaps with some Diadochi units.

I thought more about these nice guys you made years ago. Please, only if you have the mood and time for drawing these units in ToT.

Bronze Age:

Roman Republic and Roman Empire:

Enemies of the Romans:

Attachments

• fairline bronze age.gif
    fairline bronze age.gif
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,071
  • fairline rome n byz[1].gif
    fairline rome n byz[1].gif
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,091
  • fairline romes enemies[1].gif
    fairline romes enemies[1].gif
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,075
I'll swap you ToT versions of these for AWI Brit campaign events :mischief: :lol:

I've already updated many of these - see Germanicus / Roman Civil Wars / various Byzantine units files. The Bronze Age chappies were given a major overhaul about 5 years ago, but I don't have them on my current computer. I may think about new versions in future, but I'm currently looking at updating (for the third time maybe?) BeBro's Imperium Romanum. Here's a taster with more to follow:

Attachments

• ImpRomEng bits n bobs.png
    ImpRomEng bits n bobs.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,018
Top Bottom