[MODCOMP] Sniper Mod

no i was merely crediting you by programmigng all those componenets

but as for land mines, possibly invisible unit, can only defend when attacked cause colateral damage or something, certain units can see them, certain units have promotion or the way destroyers see subs,and these units have a probabilty of disposing of them somehow without damage

i dont know but i dont think anybody has really took much interest in mines, although there was the creation of naval mine

iwould have attamepted some of this howevre i am no progammer and do not have any progams to really edit, i dont have xml editor or some python editor, but notepad :sad:
but im done now well good luck with your future mod components:D

Sparton117:

Create a new unit in xml with stealth and DOMAIN_IMMOBILE. There's ya land mine. :)

Dale

iwould have attamepted some of this howevre i am no progammer and do not have any progams to really edit, i dont have xml editor or some python editor, but notepad
That's the only tool you need!

I'll admit, I use Altova XML Spy for easy XML editing and I use the Python IDLE for Python editing, but I edit maps using the good ol' notepad, and it can be used to edit the first two languages as well!

:lol: Dale, that's what we call "bootleg."

Portus said:
So, this is the stelth atack ala civ3....
Works perfectly as for the zone of control, too.

UNITCOMBAT_SNIPER, for submarine too :cooool:
Well, after some experiments, not exactly for submarine cause the land targets, thought, for bombarb ships its fine, adjusting the config.
It seems work fine too, with air domain, both as ground attack fighter land/sea or as artillery land/sea, units based on city....

I dont know yet, if AI use it, anyway thas is a great component

The Great Apple said:
I stole most of the code for that highlighting from talchas...
Ah, so I need to credit talchas instead of you :p.

The Great Apple said:
Good to this this one finally out!
Me too...

is the name of my mod the same as the name of the mod folder?

so i can take my sniper unit, after adding mod and changing name to my mod, and then add UNITCOMBAT_SNIPER and it will do all that bada$$ stuff you made?

sounds like i need new patch :D

GarretSidzaka said:
is the name of my mod the same as the name of the mod folder?

so i can take my sniper unit, after adding mod and changing name to my mod, and then add UNITCOMBAT_SNIPER and it will do all that bada$$ stuff you made?

sounds like i need new patch :D

That is correct. Let me know if you need some help with it if you can't get it to work, ok?

@Lopez,

This is an interesting idea. I suppose we could use this to make the Siege weapons fire at range with collatral damage without being involved in the actual fight correct? hmmm but that might make them too powerful though...

Houman said:
@Lopez,

This is an interesting idea. I suppose we could use this to make the Siege weapons fire at range with collatral damage without being involved in the actual fight correct? hmmm but that might make them too powerful though...
Houman, I am already working on a ranged attack mod for units like artillary that will cause collatral damage. One of the things I am going to do is make the units like catapult, cannon and artillary defense only.

There is no any info on enemy`s sniper attak. I mean tha must be like an enemy`s bombardment, with icon and log record..

TheLopez said:
Houman, I am already working on a ranged attack mod for units like artillary that will cause collatral damage. One of the things I am going to do is make the units like catapult, cannon and artillary defense only.

Why defense only?

Dale, the units I implement in the ranged attack mod will only be for reference, just like the snipers in the sniper mod. I am making them defense only since the way they attack will be through the ranged attack action.

I would guess if they're defense only they won't be able to attack, but still be able to choose the "take shot" action. Right?

Yep, that is correct.

TheLopez,

Howdy... aspiring CodeTinkerer here.

I am looking at some of the SDK source from your mod here(I think I am a little screwed up as the C code makes more sense to me than the python code :) )
anyway.. I am pushing through the CvXMLLoadUtilityInit.cpp and yours is radically different form the stock code from what I can see... trying to do a line compare is starting to give me a headache :|

Is there anything in that particular source that I might look for specifically that deals with your mod here? Is eeverything you did in cleaning up the functions completely transferable to s "vanilla" DLL(e.g. if I drop your CvXMLLoadUtilityInit.cpp into the Core Game folder without changing anything and compiling it, will it function)?

amazing stuff.. can't wait to see the Siege Mod your working on.

Cheers!

EDIT :: HA! see what happens with a little impatience and inexperience... I had too many files open at once and was comparing 2 different files!
Thanks Lopez! sometimes a simple kick gets you looking in the right direction.
cheers.

BlazeRedSXT said:
TheLopez,

Howdy... aspiring CodeTinkerer here.

I am looking at some of the SDK source from your mod here(I think I am a little screwed up as the C code makes more sense to me than the python code :) )
anyway.. I am pushing through the CvXMLLoadUtilityInit.cpp and yours is radically different form the stock code from what I can see... trying to do a line compare is starting to give me a headache :|

Is there anything in that particular source that I might look for specifically that deals with your mod here? Is eeverything you did in cleaning up the functions completely transferable to s "vanilla" DLL(e.g. if I drop your CvXMLLoadUtilityInit.cpp into the Core Game folder without changing anything and compiling it, will it function)?

amazing stuff.. can't wait to see the Siege Mod your working on.

Cheers!

BlazeRedSXT, All of the updated C++ code is from talcha's Action Buttons Mod v2.0. It should all still be marked with:

//// ActionButtons2

or

//// BEGIN ActionButtons2
//// END ActionButtons2

Great mod! I thought the sniper was too over powered first, especially that he's not costy to produce.. but then realized it was balanced with his relatively weak firepower

Question for mod combining though: I want to use the civ4modder to combine several mods. Do I have to do anything special to the .ini files? Or just cram them all outside the assets folder as if I'm using only one mod?

Top Bottom