Fall patch is out

I like that they finally made some optimizations to a better usability.
This was so overdue! Civ4 had better handling for setting up games.
Now they copied it to civ5 finally:
Restart the game at T0 with the same settings and saving the previous settings are the main optimizations here.

I am also looking forward to what the moders can do with the source code.

A smarter AI is always welcome too.

dll dll dll. As you can see I'm fairly hyped.

Why is steam being dumb right now :cry:

Found a bug...
----

Denmark's UA is no longer properly working. Denmark has the ability to disembark onto land and lose only 1 movement point to do so. Post patch all movement points are gone if one disembarks onto land (no matter what terrain this now happens, hills, jungle, plains, tundra I have tried on this immortal map)

Will load screenies in a sec

Had just taken out Ethiopia to the south (albeit with higher casualties than I wanted due to bug - and was going to take out India next but the bug just made me too annoyed with it. Effectively negates the thing that makes Denmark worth playing.

Attachments

• 2012-11-01_00002.jpg
    2012-11-01_00002.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 413
  • 2012-11-01_00003.jpg
    2012-11-01_00003.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 380
Glad to see the patch out. I guess I have to finish my game this weekend or next week, if I can, before I update. In the meantime, will be interested in reading about the changes.

Had fingers crossed they'd add some additional things in. From the OP :

- Add additional sanity checks for deceptive attacks. Previously, if an AI was choosing to deceptively attack, they would not check to determine if it was a good idea or not the moment before launching, which could result in “dumb” attacks.

Not bad.

- Barbarians should now spawn in their camp if it is empty of combat units instead of beside it.

I kind of liked this "bug". Didn't happen often, was a nice little bonus when it did. Should have given it a "Yoink" achievement and kept it in :p

- If the AI is able to build the UN, but would not win based on the current vote breakdown, have the AI refrain from constructing it unless conditions change.

I always considered this the AI rolling the dice. Rather than give AI definitive information not available to the human, would have rather they kept it in, let the AI roll the dice and possibly focus more on diplo once they build it.

- Add a combat weapon parameter that allows for a projectile that is not going to do any damage to have a "miss" radius. The helps spread out projectiles when there are a lot of attackers, but only one or two targets.

Need a translation on this one. Whats this mean ?

Hmm... and just after I uninstalled the game.... :(

I always considered this the AI rolling the dice. Rather than give AI definitive information not available to the human, would have rather they kept it in, let the AI roll the dice and possibly focus more on diplo once they build it.
You have the number of planned votes for you available in the victory screen IIRC.

I suppose it's visual only, good for my R.E.D. mod with more figures per unit.

It's an animation issue. Say you were shooting a warrior with one of your archers, but the warrior only had 10 HP left. You would see all ten of the archers in your unit shoot the one remaining warrior dead on, which looked a bit weird. Now presumably there'll be a bit of a spread of arrows.

It's an animation issue. Say you were shooting a warrior with one of your archers, but the warrior only had 10 HP left. You would see all ten of the archers in your unit shoot the one remaining warrior dead on, which looked a bit weird. Now presumably there'll be a bit of a spread of arrows.

Aw, this ruins the entire game for me.

;)

Great patch, but serioulsy, how hard can it be to hardcode a clock to the top bar? :) Why it's still not there?

You have the number of planned votes for you available in the victory screen IIRC.

Sort of. The number on the victory screen is just the number of allied city-states you have; it doesn't actually give the projection on which of the major civs would vote for who until someone builds the UN.

Of course maybe the AI would get the major civ information, I dunno.

Found a bug...
----

Denmark's UA is no longer properly working. Denmark has the ability to disembark onto land and lose only 1 movement point to do so. Post patch all movement points are gone if one disembarks onto land (no matter what terrain this now happens, hills, jungle, plains, tundra I have tried on this immortal map)

Will load screenies in a sec

Had just taken out Ethiopia to the south (albeit with higher casualties than I wanted due to bug - and was going to take out India next but the bug just made me too annoyed with it. Effectively negates the thing that makes Denmark worth playing.

Are you playing on an OLD Save? Just because it works, doesn`t mean it`s working right.

Start a new game fresh.

Are you playing on an OLD Save? Just because it works, doesn`t mean it`s working right.

Start a new game fresh.

Socratus this is a new game I just started after the patch came out (and I uploaded - so dont worry this is a bug from the patch :p).

Also for those of you who want to know the stats on the grand temple:
+8 faith +1 culture and doubles the holy cities religious influence - Can only be built in the holy city and once all temples in empire have been built (Its a tehology unlocked building)

Aww shoot, I forgot about the clock people. Seriously, what's so hard about looking at your watch, desk clock, phone, etc. instead of wanting to add more clutter to the interface?

Top Bottom