Vincentz Infinite Projects [VIP MOD]

I did use getSorenRandNum(), which is why I didnt understand it wasnt sync'ed.
I guess the reason was i put some stuff inside the ().

I've attached the VIPCVUnit.CPP where the changes are made as //Vincentz Random.....
(I also put in the changed CVUnit.CPP with the reverted changes to default CivIV that works, for easier comparison).

It would be very helpful if you could take a quick look and see if it is obvious why it OOS. :D

Ok, I took a look, and I don't see anything out of the ordinary... maybe you should post in the main forum?

The stuff you put inside will not have caused any problems, it all looks good to me

I have for a long time thought it interesting how the big bang and creation of universe and our planet incl. faun and flora, somehow was described in the book of Genesis.
Well, tbh I have been an atheist as long as I remember, but when I saw the movie Noah with Russell Crowe, and the depicting of Genesis, I knew I had to get that part made into a Civ 4 intro.
The music I used was not really my first choice. wanted something more dramatic classical, then fell over one of my favorite composers Chopin. Wanted Fantasia or Nocturnes but hit Funeral March by accident, gave it a shot (with movie in background) and thought it a perfect pair.

btw, this is not the final take. got some more editing (especially the embarrassing typo in Infinite :blush:), but thought I'd share ;)

Link to video.

Agreed!

Most impressive. Although I can't help but feel they stole that from Civ... :mischief:

"Funeral March" does cue well with the Cain & Abel sequence, although I feel it sets the wrong mood for the creation of the cosmos. Sound should be rebalanced since the narration is overpowered at the start; perhaps gradual fade-in. Other than that, you're on the right track. :thumbsup:

thanks guys. always nice to get positive feedback when doing creative work :D

@Thorvald
I had a lot of problems with getting the narration clear enough. The original video have background music, and I tried to remove it, but then Russells Crowes voice would sound strange (I used Audacity to remove vocal and then used the track as a noice removal for the original track).
If I lower the Funeral March during creation, the BG music becomes too loud. (right now its there, but it mixes somewhat good with the funeral march, to not be too noticable.)
I did have a lot of problems with my onboard IDT soundcard as well. Last night I could hear the voice somewhat clearly through the creation, but this morning I couldnt hear a single word (???). I turned off Dolby Sound Expander, and then I could hear the voice clearly again.
I actually thought about making subtitles...

But, yeah, it does look like its heavily inspired from f.ex. the intro of civ I, as well as civ in general (the different "unit" types ;)).
I guess the screen writer and the animators are having a civ4 MP game going on :lol:

We have a winner!

New mapscripts (or old with added Marsh/Wetlands) as I added MST (MapScriptTools)
Earth3_163_mst.py
Erebus_107c_mst.py
FracturedWorld_102_mst.py
Inland_Sea_131_mst.py
Medium_and_Small_111_mst.py
PerfectMongoose_3101_mst.py
PerfectWorld_206f1_mst.py
PlanetFall_101_mst.py
Ringworld3_102_mst.py
Sea_Highlands_121_mst.py
SmartMap_922_mst.py
Tectonics_316a_mst.py

I have 4 wishes/plans for the mod :

1) Tech Diffusion National Wonders
Whenever civA has open borders with civB then CivA recieves X * modifier amount of a tech civB have IF nat. wonder is built (nat wonders are the projects National Library, Encyclopedia, Communication Network).
Reason : In late game it is unfortunately not uncommon to outtech AI as they rarely can catch up with the increased commerce from conquered lands that the Human player will most often acquire. Also the projects as they are now (8/6/4 known civs have tech, then tech is given) works only if there is a perfect amount of AI present (on small maps the National Library is useless f.ex).

2) Harder teching for sole techleader.
When an AI or human player are several techs ahead, it should increase further tech costs, as there is no "research-support" from other nations. This also creates a more equal world, with a more interesting endgame.

3) Cost for medieval to modern buildings increased
Medieval x 2
Renaissance x 3
Industrial x 4
Modern x 5

Add new buildings : Museum, Art Center

4) Lower renaissance and later unit strengths and costs.
They are simply to high, which makes it boring for late'ish game warfare, when no risk in attacking and no opposition. New strengths would be around :

Spoiler :
Code:
UNITNAME		STRENGHT		BONUS											UPGRADES TO

***MELEE AND ARCHERY***
Clubmen				3			+25 cities										Axemen
Javelineer			4			+50% vs mounted									Spearmen
Archer				5			+50% city defense / 25% hills defense			Crossbowmen / Longbowmen
Spearman			6			+100% vs mounted								Pikemen
Axeman				7			+50% vs melee									Macemen
Crossbowman			9			+50% vs melee									Arquebusier
Swordsman			10			+10% city attack								Heavy Swordsmen
Pikeman				11			+100% vs mounted								Musketmen
Longbowman			12			+25% city defense / 25% hills defense			Arquebusier
Maceman				13			+50% vs melee									Musketmen
Heavy Swordsman			15			+10% city attack								Musketmen

***GUNPOWDER***
Arquebusier			18	16														Musketmen
Musketmen			30	20		+25% vs melee									Grenadiers / Riflemen
Grenadiers			35	22		+25% vs gunpowder								Machinegun / AT Infantry
Riflemen			40	25		+25% vs mounted									TrenchInf / Sniper
Trench				50	30														Infantry / Sniper
Machine Gun			55	32		+50% vs gunpowder, defense only					Paratroopers / Marines
AT Infantry			45	28		+50% vs motorized
Sniper				40	26		+50% vs gunpowder, withdraw, invisible
Infantry			65	35		+25% vs gunpowder
Paratrooper			60	38		Paradrop
SAM Infantry			55	33		+100% vs air
Marine				70	40		+50% vs artillery / +50 vs machinegun

***MOUNTED***
Chariot				6			+100% vs axemen									Horsearcher
Camel Rider			7			+25% vs archery / +25% vs horsemen				War Camel
Horsemen			8			+25% vs archery									Knight
Horsearcher			10			+50% vs catapults, flank cats & trebs			Cuirassier
War Elephant			12			+50% vs mounted									Cavalry
War Camel			17			+25% vs knight / Flank cats, trebs & bombards	Cuirassier
Knight				18			Flank cats, trebs & bombards					Cuirassier
Cuirassier			25	23		Flank cats, trebs and bombards					Cavalry
Cavalry				45	28		+50% vs cannon, Flank sieges

***SIEGE***
Ram				3			Max 10%, bombard 10%							Catapult
Catapult			5			+50% city attack, Max 10%, bombard 10%			Bombard
Trebuchet			6			+100 city attack, Max 20%, bombard 15%			Bombard
Bombard				15	12		Max 25%, bombard 20%							Cannon
Cannon				35	20		Max 30%, bombard 20%							Artillery
Artillery			45	25		+50% vs sieges, Max 30%, bombard 25%

Sometimes I hate looking at the tech tree. Most of the early techs are just so wrong in so many ways :(
Examples : Hunting, Ceremonial Burial, Stone Tools, Pottery, Fishing are PRE-Neolithic (before 10.000 BC) While others are just placed so wrong it hurts my history sense. Since the mod is built around the techtree from ROM, it will take a HUGE amount of time and work to fix it somewhat, so I guess thats not going to happen, though I'm considering adding a Neolithic Era to the game, and adjusting some names (Stone Tools becoming Ground Stone Tools, Naturopathy becoming Forest Gardening and stuff like that).

Well my friend, if your planning a Neo era, perhaps you should take a peek at the C2C mods early era's in order to get some idea's. While I like C2C's mod, their version of the Neo era is (IMO) too expanded and needs to be pruned a tad. Perhaps you can modify it for your continued vision of yours, and I would be one happy camper :D.

C2C's Prehistoric Era is a Mod unto itself in reality.

Actually C2C is 3 mods:
1st is the Preh Era which just keeps evolving so to speak
2nd is the Ancient thru Modern which is a Much Expanded RoM/And Hybrid
3rd is the Transhuman/Galactic and beyond eras that are still under slow construction and have just a skeletal construction to them now.

JosEPh

Hey Vincentz ;) I humby suggest that You focus on the Future era to give all those modern through future tech attention (which are basically empty so to speak) I suggest ripping off some of the stuff from Next War mod - like Giatnt Mech Warrior robots, Acrologies, Shielded Acrologies , hydroponics farms etc. I would also like to see some stuff from Alpha Centauri like Terraforming (drill to aquifier or raise/lowe terrain), soil enrichment improvement, Solar Collector Improvement, Plant Forest order, Inside city Tree Farm improvement - maybe even borehole improvement, hovertanks or maybe even Laser Infantry ? ;) What do You think ? I also suggest lowering corporation costs a little ;)

Im not sure I want to make a whole new Neolithic Era. What I wanted was to categorize those techs that fits, be placed into one.
Sort of :
Spoiler :

Also changed colors on the tech tree. Had fun make a formula that worked :D
iColor = Info.getEra() * 255 / gc.getNumEraInfos()
(255-iColor*iColor)/2, (iColor*iColor)/(9), (iColor*iColor)
since the colors are not hardcoded.
Spoiler :

I added tech diffusion, so weak AI's can catch up, and reduced strengths for later-than-medieval, so combat is still a challenge (It was pretty easy with cavs and rifles to beat knights and arquebussiers before).

I also edited the eagerness for wars for ALL AIs. Lets face it. The way humans win is by conquering land, thereby giving more income, more production etc. AIs had a tendency to stay content by having less land. Not anymore. Better build citywalls and protective units if you want to live to experience Medieval Era. Also the point of "hey! you might be our friend, so we wont attack you" have been adjusted with -20%.
Doesnt sound of much? Before most of AIs had 0% chance of attacking a Friendly AND Pleased civ, even Cautious was a low chance of getting declared upon. Reducing all Pleased and Cautious by 20% makes a whole new dynamic history. Most AI-autoruns result in a Axis/Allies endgame situation with strong Alliances/Vassals. Hopefully this will result in a competitive AI.

Regarding the empty Transhuman Era. TBH I never made it to transhuman era in any game I've played, which makes it a low priority for me atm. Since adding units and buildings will make the game slower at loads, I'm not going to add anything until I'm happy with every era that comes before. I'm hoping the above changes will make it fun to play a challenging Modern Era, but the last game I played was with a friend and we made industrial before the rest of the AIs were beaten. (old settings)

Regarding the corporations, I started to look at Platy's wonders, and want to include tons of them. One of them doubles output of corporations, which might not make them cheaper, but atleast makes them profitable ;)

Attachments

• Techs.jpg
    Techs.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 189
1) You may want to edit MAX_ITEM to 8, since the words are eating into the pre req buttons when there are 3 pre reqs. Alternatively, you can get rid of the advisor icon.
Actually, MAX is misleading, it should be renamed as MIN_ITEMS :D

2) Actually I started a project to slim down Gigapack, removing wonders with excessive coding or not so famous ones, and rewrite the remaining ones in better ways. Halfway through, I decided it is better to watch dramas :D

Top Bottom