Has anyone else realized this?

THe Ethiophian and Barbarians colours is the only faulty thing the devs have done (not that i really care, but others do)

The idea behind religion is simple

Learn how a rival banner is organized

Population - City Name - Religion - Civ Icon

That's why, when I found a religion with Lizzy, I always pick Buddhism for the symbol that reminds me a ship steering wheel. And I call my religion "Navigationism", or "Shippism" !

To be fair, I'm not sure how you plan around color-blind people in a game that needs to use unique colors to represent so many different things. Just use the tool tips when you mouse over it and it'll tell you the same thing. Actually, they don't even appear in the same location (religion vs. unit, for example), so you can tell it apart that way.

Color-blindness does not work that way, good night!

Color-blindness does not work that way, good night!

Oh! You mean that the color blind can not see the certain patterns of when certain colors are next to each other? Because that is the meaning of color blindness to me, or so I have been told.

It is ignorant to think that color blind folks do not see colors at all. But some folks have problems seeing when certain conditions could be met. Like as an example, being able to read a map that has red lines for roads with a red lense at night.

Both of these symbols are very similar, only difference I see is that one of them has a dot in the middle of the wheel. Makes stonehenge really stand out

Just to clear up the whole color-blind thing, there are several types of color-blindness in humans.

One of the most common is red-green colorblindness, in which affected individuals (usually males) are unable to distinguish red and green. Some people have trouble distinguishing between blue and green.

A few individuals are dichromats, meaning that one of the three types of cone cells used by the eye to detect color doesn't work properly for them, and they see fewer colors than an unaffected individual. A very rare few people have true monochrome vision, and see the world in black, white, and gray.

Back on the topic of Civ V icons, I noticed recently that if you look at the side of the trade caravan tractor-trailers in the Atomic era, they have camels painted on them.

Back on the topic of Civ V icons, I noticed recently that if you look at the side of the trade caravan tractor-trailers in the Atomic era, they have camels painted on them.

Yeah, they did the same thing in Civ Rev, but good observation. You know how boring your game has gotten when you study the appearance of a caravan :lol:

Yeah, all units who changed appearance keep the same logos. Granted, the only real units before were great persons and workers, who had more abstract symbols than the caravan, which uses an animal.

Top Bottom