Siam a jerk?

I don't usually get him, but last game I had Siam as my closest neighbor, and he declared war on me 4 times without provocation. I was trying to play this game non-aggressive, and had an army in the middle of the pack size-wise all game. Three times I beat him back, and the 4th the game ended in the middle of the war (Russia built its spaceship while I had one more piece to go).

Is this common with him, or did I just get an unusual game? Thanks.

Siam is the jerk to end all jerks. He hates you for building a wonder, allying a city-state, settling a city, spreading a religion, warring with anyone, and the general shape of your face.

Rammy lives only to condescend, hate, denounce, and invade with elephants. Atilla, Montezuma, Genghis... They make the game interesting. Rammy only annoys.

Siam will go to war with anyone he is stronger than. Even though his Warmonger hate is tied for highest and his aggression is only medium, like every AI he will DOW if his military strength is suddenly significantly higher than yours - and he usually is after the Naresuan's Elephant spam in mid-game, Thus: your warmonger who hates warmongering. After that he probably just hates you for the previous war (though his forgiveness stat is high).

Warmonger-hater AI personalities are trash. Or "jerks," yes.

Siam is the jerk to end all jerks. He hates you for building a wonder, allying a city-state, settling a city, spreading a religion, warring with anyone, and the general shape of your face.

Rammy lives only to condescend, hate, denounce, and invade with elephants. Atilla, Montezuma, Genghis... They make the game interesting. Rammy only annoys.

That's all truth, folks.

No matter what you do, Ramkhamhaeng will be pissed. If you're trying to do anything productive, he'll be mad. If you're in a bad position, he'll declare war.

If he was a more consistent runaway or expanded just a little bit more, he'd more hated than Hiawatha. Right now Ramkhamhaeng has pretty much all the AI traits that are widely perceived as annoying, but some of there are not too big. Otherwise he'd be pure civ evil, after all.

I don't think anyone likes Ramkhamhaeng. He's just a horrid person. Whatever you do, he's going to hate you (unless you get to Ideology and he chooses the same as you did, in which case he may forget your "transgressions", by which I mean doing anything)

Yeah, Siam is just annoying more than anything. This isn't to say that it's bad game design, as sometimes having that consistently annoying jerk in the shadows of world politics can make the game more interesting, but having to put up with him can be a pain. He hates everyone for doing anything.

I played a game that he declared war nearly the same turn he first met me. We stayed at war for the ENTIRE game, and he refused to yield. I was trying to avoid a warmonger hit, so I basically only defended.

So, now when I meet Siam, I'm usually quick to kill him, pay another civ to kill him, or at the very least make sure he's boxed into a corner.

This was worse than constant warring. Four separate times, after 4 periods of peace, when I did nothing to provoke. Glad to know I am not the only one to experience this, and will keep in mind for future games.

From all the posts above and the time I had Siam as my neighbors, my answer is most likely yes. During my game as Korea, I chose all asian civs, Russia, India, Siam, Mongolia and Huns. I was wonder spamming in Korea as usual until both Russia and Siam decided to DoW me. After a few turns I was able to make peace with both of them. However, Siam DoWs me again and I had to defend myself again. I dropped a nuke on one of Siam's cities, too.

I don't usually get him, but last game I had Siam as my closest neighbor, and he declared war on me 4 times without provocation. I was trying to play this game non-aggressive, and had an army in the middle of the pack size-wise all game. Three times I beat him back, and the 4th the game ended in the middle of the war (Russia built its spaceship while I had one more piece to go).

Is this common with him, or did I just get an unusual game? Thanks.

Honestly he's the reason I wish there was the option, when having a random sort, to say NOT THAT CIV among the picks. He's an ass. I hate him in every way. He also doesn't accept defeat even when it's staring him in the face.

Exactly this! But he never becomes a super-power...at least I've never seen him become one.

Honestly he's the reason I wish there was the option, when having a random sort, to say NOT THAT CIV among the picks. He's an ass. I hate him in every way. He also doesn't accept defeat even when it's staring him in the face.

I believe there is a mod called Really Advanced Setup that allows you to disable certain civs from appearing on the map for a game.

I've not played a game of Civ with Siam without them declaring war on me through out the entire game. It's one of the constants I know about a Civ. China will always win the science victory, Portugal is ridiculously easy to get a DoF from, and Siam will always be a jerk.

I think of him as Rama Lama Ding Dong or just Ding Dong for short. He is extremely irritating and steals all the best wonders from me. In the last game he started a war of aggression against my peace loving Aztec empire to I dropped six nukes between his two best cities and sent paratroopers in to finish the job.

I think of him as Rama Lama Ding Dong or just Ding Dong for short. He is extremely irritating and steals all the best wonders from me. In the last game he started a war of aggression against my peace loving Aztec empire to I dropped six nukes between his two best cities and sent paratroopers in to finish the job.

my peace loving Aztec empire
dropped six nukes between his two best cities

Does not compute. :crazyeye:

You're right there! I hate Rammy so much that I sometimes seed him into my games just so I can go kill him :crazyeye:.

Top Bottom