Civ4 BTS v3.19 Patch

Really glad they fixed the colony name bug! Made my day :D

I'd like to continue using BtS 3.03 because I refuse to torture my DVD drive. Is there any way that I can still find the Rise of Mankind that would work with this patch?

EDIT: Yes, I do have a legal copy of CIV IV. Heck, I even bought it two times over (first just CIV IV vanilla, then later the full version). So yeah, I am super-legit, but I hate keeping a DVD or CD in the drive all the time.

I'd like to continue using BtS 3.03 because I refuse to torture my DVD drive. Is there any way that I can still find the Rise of Mankind that would work with this patch?

EDIT: Yes, I do have a legal copy of CIV IV. Heck, I even bought it two times over (first just CIV IV vanilla, then later the full version). So yeah, I am super-legit, but I hate keeping a DVD or CD in the drive all the time.

Why not just use Rise of Mankind v2.7 For Beyond the Sword 3.19

So yeah, I am super-legit, but I hate keeping a DVD or CD in the drive all the time.

3.19 removes that condition.

Is there an issue with the corporations on this patch? As when I play each city gets the same bonuses, be it gold, culture etc, but pay different amounts for this per turn.

Is there an issue with the corporations on this patch? As when I play each city gets the same bonuses, be it gold, culture etc, but pay different amounts for this per turn.
No, that's the way it should be. Cities that are larger, or further away from your capital, will cost more for corporations - much like for other types of city maintenance. :)

If their GE by acident ended the turn in one city of other player and there was a avaliable wonder that could be fully rushed with it, they would rush it. Very rare in game, but I've seen atleast 2 people posting it independently.....

Nice to see Firaxis pulling a turning a Valve or two. Has anyone noticed a performance increase/decrease with this patch?

Unless I never noticed before, Spies circa Industrial age are women now.

How had you not noticed? They're quite sexy! :mischief:

Maybe they should have a public beta before the final final patch (if there is one).

That way, everything gets worked out :goodjob:

Someone mentioned that "he" is a good ruler of <country> when the "he" was really a chick! :eek:

That one would require re-writing the diplomacy text. It doesn't check gender (in fact, the game doesn't even care). FFH has a bFemale tag in Civ4LeaderHeadInfos which could fix stuff like this as all instances of "he", "him", etc. could be replaced by stuff like %s5_genderform_he or something like that that could be filled in on the spot from the SDK.

. . . which could fix stuff like this as all instances of "he", "him", etc. could be replaced by stuff like %s5_genderform_he or something like that that could be filled in on the spot from the SDK.

Except that only works in English. Other languages alter the words related to the pronoun based on its gender. For example, the endings of adjectives in Spanish are changed (gorda vs. gordo). To do it justice, you'd really need two full messages.

If anyone gets up the gumption to try it, an easy solution is to place both messages in a single <TEXT> entry separated by a vertical bar (|). When you grab the text to display, check for the bar. Only if it's found do you need to split the message and check bFemale and pick which half to display.

Maybe they should have a public beta before the final final patch (if there is one).

That way, everything gets worked out

I actually don't understand why they don't do this already - they'd certainly get enough people testing it, and quite a lot who would actually be able to solve any problems as well.

Yeah hopefully theres one more final final patch, since while this fixes a lot of things, it has broken a few and to be relatively bug free - still requires either BUG's BULL, or BBAI: Better BTS AI.

Top Bottom