Some random issues... am I the only one?

Zaimejs

Emperor
1. I am playing on a Mac... so I don't know if that makes a difference, but I'm wondering if my issues are universal or just my own.

2. I was just playing and I tried to move my spearman, for three turns it wouldn't let me select it. I clicked on it, but it would move the cursor to the next available unit. Pisses me off.

3. I had a trireme set on auto explore... it sat in a city state's territory for enough moves to make that city mad at me. I didn't even notice. Is there a way to set it up so it follows your auto explore units as they move?

4. I make friends with a city-state, and then I get the green bar all the way up... then I give them money or give them a worker back... and I'm still just friends. I'm not getting the full benefit of my gifts. I should be allied. This glitch seems to happen quite often. Especially when I kill a barbarian, then I am friends, then I give the unit back, but I don't get any credit.

There are some other glitches, but these are the ones that are making me mad right now.

Oh... and a couple others. I had a worker just sitting there doing nothing. It never prompted me for it to have a turn.

1. Don't know about the Mac version, but I sure expect the game to be even less flawless then it already is on Windows.

2. This is the only one that actually sounds buggy/glitchy. Might be due to mac :)D). Might be due to corrupt files - in that case verifying the game file via steam would help, but actually I don't even know if the Mac version works with steam or if steam actually even exists for a Mac. If not, then obviously standard re-installation.

3. Auto-exploration is stupid and inefficient, even if it didn't sit around in CS territory to piss them off for too long. Better just don't use it. There's no way to prevent that from happening if you use it, as it probably got stuck (doesn't know where to further explore?) and therefore won't move at all.

4. It's because someone else is already allied with that CS (says below where it says that you are friends with them). In that case you must have more influence than the current allied AI (you don't know how much they have), to become the new ally of them (they can't be allied to more than one civ ;)). Usually I'd say an AI won't have more than 100 influence until it's already late game, where they can have 150+ as well.

edit) The worker... might be the same thing as the spearman, huh?

Yes, we have steam for mac... what do you think we are... luddites :)

The CS is not allied with anyone else.

I hear you about auto explore. I need to stop being lazy. Especially as I move up and try to play at higher levels.

I play on a Mac as well. For your friendship with the CS:

Green is friends. You need to pay more money and turn the line entirely blue. Blue means allies (so long as no one is allied with the CS).

I've found that if I don't have patronage researched, it can cost me up to $2,000 gold to become allies. And 250 gold every so often to stay at full ally status.

#2 is not a mac only problem as ive had it on my games. Disable auto-unit cycle is the only way to fix it

I will try that. Does it suck to play without auto cycling?

I will try that. Does it suck to play without auto cycling?

I found that with auto cycling the computer seemed to just randomly jump around the map. They have fixed that to some degree in the patches. I tend to want to do things in the current area and do everything in that area before moving on to the next area on the map. Clicking on the white arows at the top line of the unit box/window will manually do what the auto cycle would, and keeps the curser on the same side of the screen. You can go back and forth there, where as at the command prompt (other side) you can only go in one direction.

Top Bottom