DX11 mode not starting

Raneman

Warlord
Whenever I select DX11 to start it, the menu dissappears and it never launches.

I didn't use to have these issues, what happened?

I do have a DX11 supporting card, a GTX 560 Ti.

It would be nice if we had someone here who has a working GTX 560 that could help those having trouble.

The only thing I can suggest is to verify that the driver is not corrupted, steam is not corrupted, and the files for CivV are not corrupted.

I have the same problem with a Radeon HD 6970.

What version of Windows are you running? I'm on Win7/64.

Copy/paste from another thread where I just replied to a similar though not identical problem:

I would suggest running the most recent DirectX 9.0c end-user runtime to make sure your libraries are up to date (or corrupted). It may seem counter-intuitive but DX9 and below are actually retroactively supported by DX 11 (which is native to Win 7) and so problems with out of date 9.0c libraries can cause problems even when running applications in "DirectX 11 mode". If that doesn't work running repairs to your .Net and C++ redistributables can also help. These things are all simple to do and would rule out the most common issues if nothing else.

Copy/paste from another thread where I just replied to a similar though not identical problem:

I would suggest running the most recent DirectX 9.0c end-user runtime to make sure your libraries are up to date (or corrupted). It may seem counter-intuitive but DX9 and below are actually retroactively supported by DX 11 (which is native to Win 7) and so problems with out of date 9.0c libraries can cause problems even when running applications in "DirectX 11 mode". If that doesn't work running repairs to your .Net and C++ redistributables can also help. These things are all simple to do and would rule out the most common issues if nothing else.

Didn't fix it. Just another 'click' required like that pesky 'online interactions not rated by the ESRB(?)'

Didn't fix it. Just another 'click' required like that pesky 'online interactions not rated by the ESRB(?)'

It sounds like you might be having a slightly different problem to be honest. Need more info though, are you saying that it gets as far as the ESRB before quitting? Do you get an error message of any kind?

I select the DX11 from the task bar. It launches and then asks me to select the desired DirectX version again. I deleted the original short cut and regenerated it by right clicking in the selection area, but it made no difference. I am on Win 7 64 bit. It used to work real dandy until about 3 months agao.

I had a similar problem a while back, although on a different nvidia card. Updating the video driver fixed it for me.

Top Bottom