A problem running Civ V

Uncle_Touchy

Chieftain
Hello, I am new here and I recently bought Civ V from the local game shop. Now, it downloaded fine, it loads fine, etc. I can start games or matches or whatever they're called fine.

The problem arises when I try to actually play the game. You see, even though the right click on my mouse works fine, I can't move units. Also, when I click a lot of the buttons on the screen, nothing happens. It makes the click sound, but nothing happens.

Is there any way I can remedy this?

Oh, it should be noted that I recently also bought Age of Empires III, and it runs fine and plays fine on my computer. It is definitely just this game.

Oh...you don't meet the minimum requirements for the game, because your graphics card is way to weak :(.

There's still a chance that it might run better after you updated your drivers, because they are also way too old. You can find the newest drivers for the Geforce 9 series here.

I changed the EnableGameCoreThreading = 1 to EnableGameCoreThreading = 0.

What will that do?

If it fixes the problem, it is the solution that you are looking for. There was a recent patch that just came out 2 days ago, that has put a damper on a lot of people who have been enjoying the game for quite some time.

If you can get the game to load and it does not crash, then you are almost there. You may have to wait until they can figure out why this new patch is causing so much trouble. Hopefully the glitches will get worked out soon.

I have had the same thing happen, and I also tried the things you suggested, but alas, none worked. is this just a sit and wait it out thing?

Top Bottom