Trouble with Steam on start up

MrKlew

Warlord
Civ V was working fine until yesterday. Since then every time I go to start it, after I click agree to the EULA (is it really necessary to agree every time I play?!) a window pops up saying completing installation. It starts at 1%, sometimes it goes all the way to 100% sometimes not at all or only part way. Then I get an error message saying Steam servers are busy. It has variously had error numbers 10, 16, 53,and 56 associated with it. I've tried all the suggestions on the Steam support site, any recommendations?

I have exactly the same problem. My error appears to be error number 53. I've checked the instructions on steampowered. I've ensured the first 3 steps. It could be either 4th or 5th. I have mcafee installed and I don't really wish to temporarily uninstall it just to test out whether it fixes civ 5.

Same problem here. Error Code 53. Says all servers are too busy to process request

Had the same, worked for me after some time... the servers might actually really just be busy (which is a shame nevertheless).

Might also try to restart the computer in case you didn't do that yet.

Had the same, worked for me after some time... the servers might actually really just be busy (which is a shame nevertheless).

Might also try to restart the computer in case you didn't do that yet.

Already tried multiple restarts. Haven't been able to get it to work for several days now. Incredibly annoying that I need to go through the internet and Steam's apparently inadequate servers to play a game on my computer.

If your just looking to play Single player, launch steam in offline mode, it wont use anything to do with the internet, as long as you have the game on your pc you can play it. If you want to play multiplayer then obviously you need to connect to the steam servers.

Actually, never mind my post. The issue basically fixed itself so it was definitely the patch's fault.

Bump.

I seem to have this problem again now. My initial problem was that my game would not load after choosing either directx 9 or 10/11. So I validated my files and tried again, and the code error 53 came back.

Top Bottom