MIC - Idea & Discussion Thread

gozpel said:
Hey, think more about the rep rule.

If you trade with someone off your landarea and harbors won't help to keep up a current trade, then you ask someone to leave your territory, anmd they declare.

It will hit your rep, just as the random spearman pillaging a road in an unknown area.

Yes, this is the risk you have to take if you want to trade via an unsafe route. You are allowed (but discouraged) to make such trade.

I think rep should be kept as far as it goes, but if someone/civ is the only way for trades and you demand them to leave, rightfully it isn't "your fault" Live with the rep hit after that.

I agree, so it's allowed in my rules. However, unless you are sure the civ entering your territory is looking for a sneak attack, you shouldn't demand it to leave, unless you are playing a defiant game. In any case, it's highly discouraged to do such trade in the first place.

I'm actually fine with breaking RoP deal.

I'm with you there, even if it makes me feel kinda sick, doing it. But if the AI does it, so do I.

They never jumped palaces though, or ship-chained to conquer your island.

Common sense is good.

I agree, so it's allowed in my rules. However, unless you are sure the civ entering your territory is looking for a sneak attack, you shouldn't demand it to leave, unless you are playing a defiant game. In any case, it's highly discouraged to do such trades in the first place.

Then define it.

gozpel said:
I'm with you there, even if it makes me feel kinda sick, doing it. But if the AI does it, so do I.

They never jumped palaces though, or ship-chained to conquer your island.

Common sense is good.

Whether AI does it or not is actually not my concern. My concern is simply our reputation, i.e., the reputation to make future per-turn trade, MA, or RoP with the AI. :) Since declaring inside AI territory trashes RoP reputation, I disallow it here. Since declaring outside AI territory with an active RoP deal has no impact on RoP rep, it's allowed. If some day the game changes it, we'll change the rule too. :)

Thank you, we are on the same level now. :)

I concur to all the rules.

4 & 5 - Makes you my ally forever.

I just had to point that out. :)

If you never read this thread, I'd suggest you do it now. I've downloaded the modpack and it looks really fun. Those animal leaderheads are funny!

I cannot resist but decide to use this mod for a couple of my next games. :) Heck, I should have used it for Mic5.

@gozpel
I tought I could get a spot due to a dropout, but thanks for letting me play. Guess it's a matter of time until we play in the same SG :)

@Microbe
I'd probably join when you start, but I wanna see first how it's going with the games I'm already in.

I added a rule about utilities:

Utilities and Trainer Programs:
You are allowed to use mapstat for culture, pollution, happiness and trading opportunities only. You are not allowed to use flip or combat calculators. No utilities that provide spoiler information are allowed. If unclear, ask me.

Since I'm not familiar with all such utilities, you can always ask me if a particular one is allowed.

Utilities and Trainer Programs:
You are allowed to use mapstat for culture, pollution, happiness and trading opportunities only. You are not allowed to use flip or combat calculators. No utilities that provide spoiler information are allowed. If unclear, ask me.
This is a very good rule imho. I think it takes tension from the game if you know the %chance your sword will kill that spear. To me it is enough to know how the chances are roughly.

I'm going to make my next SG on the zoomod. It's a mod that replaces leaderheads with animals. Very cool.

The download is 80M, so you probably need a broadband. I'm posting to get a feel how many people can make it, then decide what to play. Probably a big map?

I just love the mod and want to play it. :)

If you are interested please let me know.

my sg are going slower then i expected, i'd like to join more. but it depends on the other rules you're going to play with. rarely played on big maps with many foes (takes too long), like the idea to do it in an SG.

I know there has been a long time but didn't realize there was 2 months of inactivity in this thread. :eek:

Anyway, I don't have plan to start a new game in the very near future, as I have too many other SGs going on and I expect LKendter will keep me busy for a while. :) Things could change at any moment though.

As I mentioned in another thread:

microbe said:
With so many war games in the past two months, especially the prelonged GR3 and MLDR5, I am kind of burned out. I'll keep low on SG now and away from war-intensive games for a while. I'd like to try something different (and more relaxed) instead of repeating the same game.

Mic8 was such an attempt. I really like the passive concept.

I do not have many new ideas at this moment. We can replay Mic3 or Mic7 with some different settings, but I do not feel obligated to start new games soon.

If you were to replay Mic7, with no units whatsoever, and at Demigod or Deity, I would join that instead of joining up in Gr4.

If we stick with roaming barbs, I would go expansionistic and no MP. If we go higher, we'll need MP. I would prefer roaming and expansionistic.

Top Bottom