LINESII- Into the Darkness- Part II

Thlayli said:
Eh, whatever. We both intend to fight. Good luck getting your army to fight, though.

OOC: I do admire you as a NESer, and Guangfei and all that, though. Just taking it apart is more fun.

New Veritas will die thlayli, and unlike you, I despise you with all my heart ;) I never did see you like I did contempt, but *shrug* there's a reason you failed as Qing China in das's nes. :p Bloody westerners :mischief:

Iggy, I hope all those years of propaganda does start paying off along with the contigency plans and etc. Hopefully, this turns out to be another Kehexou of thlayli's... :D

I have faith in the people, if not the army.

OOC: I actually like the spirit of Veritas, just not near me :p They'll be a perfect faraway ally, but a terrible neighbor ;) I also assume Trinlin is also attacking me?

i hope those are not the real stats, because i am horribly terrified if those are really my stats, but i will hold back complaint seeing as i do not want a penalty, so i will assume the best,

alex994 said:
OOC: I actually like the spirit of Veritas, just not near me :p They'll be a perfect faraway ally, but a terrible neighbor ;) I also assume Trinlin is also attacking me?

Something like that. Trusting your people, though, is one of the biggest mistakes a leader can make. :p

Veritas and Guangfei aren't all that different, you know. Expansionist, nationalistic, arrogant, we've got all the key traits in common.

OOC: I love veritas OOC, but IC their mt mortal foe

IC: I couldn't really care about anything, since I'm busy migrating. OOC: I'm fond of big empires, including Veritas. The spam is dizzying no matter what C it's in.

Actually I doubt thlayli will manage to do anything. :p Overconfidence after all, has always been his greatest weakness ;)

The not managing to do anything part or the overconfidence part? Because I have the opposite problem, I'm never confident :p

[font=slyfaen[i]
For the Blood of the Young[/i]​

The old man dressed in red robes slowly picked himself up from his soft chain and hobbles over a large desk attached to the floor. The man pulled a chair out of beneath it and slowly sat down, cursing as the candle providing the sole light for the cabin began to die out. He then feebly pulls a drawer out and rumbles around it in, finally drawing another candle out. He then lights it from the dying flickers of the old candle and sets in down in front of him, pushing the old one away.

He takes a quill [1] out of a nearby jar and dabbles it in some ink. He then lowers the quill to the paper and begins to draw long, cursive davian letters. The man takes his time in writing, as if knowing what he is about to put on paper will be the subject of great things. Finally he is ready and begins to write:[1]

' Navam parda ballan Ardan, tio reen belious zme.'

He pauses for a moment as if waiting for something. He suddenly breaks out into a fit of coughing, rapidly bringing a stained red cloth to his face. Seconds later the fit is over and he regains his breath. Without pausing he goes back to writing.

'I am the bishop of Ardan, as the title still belongs to me[2].'

'Tio vea nevem julius leter vea cognus tat zall parda-zut en den zurure.'

He pauses to push a strain of white hair out of his eyes and then goes back to writing.

'As I sit here writing this leter I know what it will mean in the future.'

'Vea daren haves un legalia par animast; uni par guerrat.'

The man sighes and looks out the single window in the room. Countless miles of ocean lay before him....along with something else

'I shall leave a legacy of blood; one of war.'

'Eyt zall sarus-zut nal con zmeian animast sed pardue den animast par den juven......'

The man continues to write as he knows that the end draws near.

'Yet it will be written not with my blood but rather the blood of the young..........." [/font]

[1] For the sake of the readers, standard Davian script has been converted to romanized letters.
[2] The Archbishop of Arcadia still claims the title of Bishop of Ardan as the first held that position and only the previous bishop can appoint a legal heir.

1st of 5 short stories.

Norvalin Prayer

We are Norvalin

Let the earth shatter
Let the mountains fall
Let the rivers dry
Let the ice freeze all

But we will remain
Through darkness and death
Through chaos and strife
The Nor will remain

Why, asks one, must this be?

Because we are the fallen
And so we must rise once more
Knock us down, shatter our bone
But we are still Norvalin

And so we must rise once more

OOC: Out of curiosity, what's Norvalin's position on the blatant aggression of New Veritas? ;)

Shocked surprise. Thlayli never told me about his plan.

Ditto, he's on his own.

*raises eyebrow* Oppressed Oneists? Okay, the story worked :D You see this is exactly why no one likes Veritas :p

EDIT: Iggy, didn't you say thlayli had no malicious intent in spreading the Church of the One? ;)

He didn't need to have malicious intent if you then barred Oneists from Guangfei. Although I suppose goading you into providing a casus belli could count as an alternative, and malicious, intent, religions tend to actually be spread because the practitioners want to "save" the heathens, not for political reasons.

Oneists weren't barred from Guangfei, just all Veritasian priests and etc were mostly barred and closely watched :p The Guangfei Oneists were simply left in place. Of course, he could claim I'm doing to them what the PRC is doing to Tibet....

However, Veritas has a history of spreading religion for political reasons. The seperation of Church and State in the future if Veritas still exist will be a difficult one.

Top Bottom