Caveman 2 Cosmos

would u plz finish the galatic era and other late game techs make the buildings work i know it is a daunting task but id rather have the era done than more leaders its a great mod and finishing the end of the tech tree would make even better

would u plz finish the galatic era and other late game techs make the buildings work i know it is a daunting task but id rather have the era done than more leaders its a great mod and finishing the end of the tech tree would make even better

There are other factors that need to be put in place first. For instance Civ Fuehrer's "Astropedia" stuff. Not to mention i want to get other factors like goods, housing, embassy wonders, etc set up first so they can flow into the galactic era better. Its sort of like building the foundation first and then the galactic era is like the roof or something.

@strategyonly

A few things i noticed in the current modders only version ...

1. Should the Calmaceac be upgrading into the School? None of the other religious building do.

2. What happened to the DH's Kelp? I don't see it on the map like before. note i play on PW2 like always. Note i can see it civliopedia but not the map. :( Same goes for the reefs. :( Please make them show up in the PW2 map.

guys, i have some ideas for improvement:

- I think a friend of mine already offered that - It is a good idea if more diplomacy can be implemented. Like for example buildings like embassies, ministry of foreign affairs, consulates, etc... and respectively some units like emissaries and diplomats..that would give certain bonuses or minuses in bilateral relations..and so on...It's open to suggestions. But i think it's a great idea.

- I often build cities on locations like straits and crossings between continents or just strategic locations..and I then feel that although the location is perfect from strategic point of views, controlling it doesn't give me enough bonuses and power. May be a simpe idea would be to increase some yields like gold from such single plots...or may be give a possibility to just lock access through such plots even when there are open border agreements signed...i guess u get my point

- My third observations is that the AI finds it difficult to produce mounted units and tanks...may be all the prerequisites are too complicated and he doesn't achieve them.

- I also remember that in the original ROM..units' constitution was changing. What I mean is, for example, early units like warriors were animated as a stack of 3 and then later on pikemen and riflemen were presented as packed stacks of 16 men..What happened to that feature? It doesn't change gameplay..but it was quite fun and more realistic as representation?

Thank you very much for the great job you are doing!

- I also remember that in the original ROM..units' constitution was changing. What I mean is, for example, early units like warriors were animated as a stack of 3 and then later on pikemen and riflemen were presented as packed stacks of 16 men..What happened to that feature? It doesn't change gameplay..but it was quite fun and more realistic as representation?

If your talking about formatiojns, i see no point in them, and really just like Civ V, i hate:mad: them, any more than three units except setters etc is a complete waste of time, IMHO. even though more realistic, it takes more memory to fight, and a chance something else might go wrong, never know.

guys, i have some ideas for improvement:

- I think a friend of mine already offered that - It is a good idea if more diplomacy can be implemented. Like for example buildings like embassies, ministry of foreign affairs, consulates, etc... and respectively some units like emissaries and diplomats..that would give certain bonuses or minuses in bilateral relations..and so on...It's open to suggestions. But i think it's a great idea.

- I often build cities on locations like straits and crossings between continents or just strategic locations..and I then feel that although the location is perfect from strategic point of views, controlling it doesn't give me enough bonuses and power. May be a simpe idea would be to increase some yields like gold from such single plots...or may be give a possibility to just lock access through such plots even when there are open border agreements signed...i guess u get my point

- My third observations is that the AI finds it difficult to produce mounted units and tanks...may be all the prerequisites are too complicated and he doesn't achieve them.

If you offer forward a complete workup of the concepts your talking about in that first part, we may be compelled to give it a lot more consideration I think. Not bad thinking but I'm not sure what exactly you are suggesting.

I get the second suggestion... Arranging bonuses to trade such as was received by Constantinople in the ancient era for having been a major trade crossroads... hmm... that'd be... tough. Not sure how to go about doing something like that but the concept has some merit. Otherwise, I'd say, if you're placing your cities for strategy as opposed to for resources you're making that age old choice between war benefit or peace benefit. Peace benefit always leads to faster development whereas war benefit is safe and aggressive and can cut down those civs that always opt for peace benefits if it shows enough initiative. I'd be normally against anything that would detract from the need to consider these polar alternatives when making decisions but I do see the point of trade routes being affected by geography. How to program that though is something I cannot fathom.

On the third point, the AI will build all miliary benefit buildings at a point... it might take some looking into as to why this is happening but it shouldn't be any tougher for them to build than it would be for a player. (though if something in the chain is a building type the ai would overlook, we have an issue... Hydro: are any of the buildings required for mounted units granting nothing more than a 'good'? AI would not appreciate these as important currently so we'd need to figure out how to make them see these as valuable...)

On the 4th... we make some sacrifices for performance and our ability to continue ADDING elements to the mod. I'm happy to let go of formations for that.

Hydro: are any of the buildings required for mounted units granting nothing more than a 'good'? AI would not appreciate these as important currently so we'd need to figure out how to make them see these as valuable...)

Mounted units don't require "Goods" at all. They require 1 of 3 types of buildings ...

1. Resource in City Vicinity
2. Subdued Animal Herd
3. National Wonder (Activated by Owning a Resource)

If you have one of these 3 then you can build a "Trainer" building to unlock that specific type of mounted unit type (Horse, Elephant, Camel or Mammoth).

While it is true that you may have less mounted units from the AI, it is only because there are less cities you can build them in. I have played many games where I have encountered AI mounted units once I even encountered a civ that had nor only horses, elephants and camels but mammoths too!

Note I have not touched the Tank stuff. They are as in RoM/AND.

Hope this answers you question.

Moved:

Hi guys, wonder if I can get some basic pointers with C2C please - if i'm in the wrong thread i'd appreciate a link cheers.
I say basic as after reading through dozens of pages here I see i'm needing a Dummys Guide to.. i'm not in you league lol

I'm having a total failure to boot c2c, for a start after DLing I get the file(s) and extract with 7zip, extracting to BtS (which isn't within Firaxis for some reason). Now, this is what returns: 8511 files; 8511 files unreadable (c:users/docs/games/Bts...) and/or cannot open file loc (x84)**.
I've tried several times now even to the extent of deleting BtS and starting over (yes, I have the final build) from scratch.

Something else, maybe related has happened. I DLed Diversica & Ver'Del, Quot as well recently, Diversica worked until I deleted BtS to reinstall (non of the others worked) now if it load BtS, go Advanced, Load Mod.. the titles are still there (oddly, I did delete) but none now work when I reinstall.
The one time I did get Diversica to work, great game btw, I would be spoilt by a literal wall of txt repeating this error (x84)... thing, making it near impossible to play for long.

When I extract C2C it opens, wants to open, as an Adobe file..
Any pointers greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need any more info.

**whatever that means

Just to add, Strategyonly, the BtS has been reinstalled & moved. Thing is it never asks where I want the installation, it just dumps it C:Me:Docs:Games everytime.

Moved:

Hi guys, wonder if I can get some basic pointers with C2C please - if i'm in the wrong thread i'd appreciate a link cheers.
I say basic as after reading through dozens of pages here I see i'm needing a Dummys Guide to.. i'm not in you league lol

I'm having a total failure to boot c2c, for a start after DLing I get the file(s) and extract with 7zip, extracting to BtS (which isn't within Firaxis for some reason). Now, this is what returns: 8511 files; 8511 files unreadable (c:users/docs/games/Bts...) and/or cannot open file loc (x84)**.
I've tried several times now even to the extent of deleting BtS and starting over (yes, I have the final build) from scratch.

Something else, maybe related has happened. I DLed Diversica & Ver'Del, Quot as well recently, Diversica worked until I deleted BtS to reinstall (non of the others worked) now if it load BtS, go Advanced, Load Mod.. the titles are still there (oddly, I did delete) but none now work when I reinstall.
The one time I did get Diversica to work, great game btw, I would be spoilt by a literal wall of txt repeating this error (x84)... thing, making it near impossible to play for long.

When I extract C2C it opens, wants to open, as an Adobe file..
Any pointers greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need any more info.

**whatever that means

Just to add, Strategyonly, the BtS has been reinstalled & moved. Thing is it never asks where I want the installation, it just dumps it C:Me:Docs:Games everytime.

Now i am hoping you didnt move the folder BtS from the My Documents/My Games area, if so thats wrong. That folder has to stay there.
So in essence you should have a Bts folder in your C drive then also in your My Games area also.

It's all in place that way, yes.
The c2c mod is located c: prog file (x86): civ: bts: mods: c2c

Even Diversica has it's own sub, but alas.. god i'm crap at this lol. Can't be this difficult.

When i tried to install, this happens...

Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Python\zCivics.py OK
Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Custom_Wonders\AAranda README.txt OK
Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Custom_Units\AAranda Units Readme.txt OK
Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Docs\combined mods\ACG Hittites Readme.txt OK
Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Docs\combined mods\Advanced Combat Odds\ACOreadme.txt OK
Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Docs\combined mods\RevolutionDCM\AIAutoPlay Readme.txt OK
Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Docs\combined mods\RevolutionDCM\dev\ai_diplomacy.txt OK
Error: The system cannot find the path specified
Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Custom_Units\Fortifications\Art\City_Guard\Animation Directions for the Holy Roman Renaissance Age.txt Unable to create file

i am using win 7 with the steam version.

I've been playing C2C for a while now (actually while i'm writing this, my last savegame with Mongkut is loading), even i can hardly fill the system requirements (after about 5 minutes, Civilization screen appeared).

I had no crashes whatsoever, i'm quite patient so i don't mind the delay for going back into the game.

I find the mod really interesting, just by adding an extra age. I just wonder some things (that might have been asked before, sorry if they've been already answered):

1st. Why unique buildings have been removed from anyone, except jivars?
2nd. Why Mongkut has three traits instead of just two? it's for the purpose of playtesting?
3rd. Maybe it's because i'm currently at settler difficulty, but i didn't have enough time of hunting for getting a good supply of animals for buildings. Also i've never managed to capture a crocodile.
4th. It is intended that exhaustion of mines and quarries happens the turn after building them or capturing an enemy city which has them?

(Now main theme, the one with lyrics, has started... XD)

5th. I'm not pretty sure ai civs are getting less mounted units, but also getting them without having access to the resources. Again, maybe this is intended.
6th. I played with archery bombardment in RoM/AND and even i activated the option for C2C, i still can manage to make appear the button for actually doing it.
7th. As soon as i got caravels, started to explore around... and islands got me some units i wasn't able to transport. Once again, maybe this is intended.
8th. Any chances on militia units to be upgradables (maybe they are, i'm not sure if i tried to do it... but maybe i did and it wasn't posible)?
9th. I probably remember something else later... XD

Yes, maybe not so few things.

Thank you for your answers and keep up the excellent work you've done this far.

I've been playing C2C for a while now (actually while i'm writing this, my last savegame with Mongkut is loading), even i can hardly fill the system requirements (after about 5 minutes, Civilization screen appeared).

I had no crashes whatsoever, i'm quite patient so i don't mind the delay for going back into the game.

I find the mod really interesting, just by adding an extra age. I just wonder some things (that might have been asked before, sorry if they've been already answered):

1st. Why unique buildings have been removed from anyone, except jivars?
2nd. Why Mongkut has three traits instead of just two? it's for the purpose of playtesting?
3rd. Maybe it's because i'm currently at settler difficulty, but i didn't have enough time of hunting for getting a good supply of animals for buildings. Also i've never managed to capture a crocodile.
4th. It is intended that exhaustion of mines and quarries happens the turn after building them or capturing an enemy city which has them?

(Now main theme, the one with lyrics, has started... XD)

5th. I'm not pretty sure ai civs are getting less mounted units, but also getting them without having access to the resources. Again, maybe this is intended.
6th. I played with archery bombardment in RoM/AND and even i activated the option for C2C, i still can manage to make appear the button for actually doing it.

Yes, maybe not so few things.

Thank you for your answers and keep up the excellent work you've done this far.

1. This was intended, it does not seem to be quite working right in v12. perhaps it will in v13.

4. The game is aimed at snail or marathon speeds. At those speeds it is likely that you will get enough animals but always. the chance of capturing a crocodile is quite small. I may need to do something to make it more likely that you get one. ;)

Hello.

I´m playing to this great mod (very good job) but I have a question about Multiple production and Multiple research. How does it work each one? I'm playing with both options activate but I dont see anything about this ingame.

There are too buildings and its impossible to build everything. When you learn a new tech, more buildings are available and the list is more and more large, XD.

Thank you!

To successfully utilize these features (something I think we need to work on where the AI is concerned too...) you must use your build queue. Bring up the city (or just the city bar) and hold down shift to select a second building to build after the first, or control to add one to the front of the build queue. You can also use Alt to select a unit to repeatedly build (My capitals have been known to pop out over 20 units in one turn)

Not using the build queue is a recipe for massive waste, no matter what game speed you're on - another reason our AI lags a bit - it isn't currently programmed to set up a queue and to be honest, I wouldn't know how to get it to.

For multiple research, just go into the tech advisor screen and select your 'goal' tech two or three steps ahead of where you currently are researching. You can also use shift to select additional techs to research after you're finished with the one you're on... if you wanted to, you COULD queue out your entire tech tree from start to finish but it would lag terribly trying to do so so keep it to 10 selected techs at once or less.

I'm not sure how much the AI suffers for not having this key ability either. If on a standard or faster game speed, the impact would be severe for them to only be able to research one at a time and late game on any speed (the way research costs are currently) would be problematic as well.

I'm trying to understand your problem but as I understand it, we don't HAVE an installer! Just unzip and drop the file into the mods folder in bts!

Also... not sure if this is an issue or not but you don't have to build into this mod from AND... this stands alone.

Top Bottom