THE Noble's Club Bullpen, MK II

OK, haven't heard from Cjreynol, so I'll create an Izzy game. I'll aim for this evening, so if anybody cares to give any advice you have a few hours. Since she has a mid-game combat benefit (Castle for promoted siege, Cuirassier-based UU) I'm inclined to use continents so there's some post-Astronomy combat (if warfare is what people want to do).

Not for me, but I know what you mean. I'm doing the Monarch Student HC game right now, so I'll probably pass on this HC game in favor of either generating a game of my own or doing an old NC/MS game.

Willem?:D:D:D

I've had my only two monarch wins with Willem, with the same CE strategy, so anyone who needs/wants a confidence boost to go up a level and is familiar with CE, can try a game as Willem. :D

I promise I'll do Willem before too long. Maybe Mansa now, then either Churchill or Hammurabi, then Willem? W. is a repeat, while the other 3 are first-timers.

Huayna might eventually be good for the prince-monarch transition, as long as there's an opponent within Quechua-rush range. How close should your nearest neighbour or two be to make such a rush reasonable?

Dunno that, I don't like Quechua rush, simply because I won't be able to rely on it at higher levels so I don't want to grow accustomed to it. :)

But yes, I agree that first-timers should be more important.

FYI the first-timers are Augustus, Churchill, Hammurabi, Huayna Capac, Justinian, Mansa Musa, Mao Zedong, Peter, Suryavarman II.

Re Huayna: I seem to recall experienced players claiming that Huayna was "easy" at higher levels. I assumed it had to be partly the Quechua benefit against archers, but perhaps IND/FIN and Terrace were part of it (+2:culture: is a nice benefit from a building you're likely to build everywhere).

I have errands to run before creating the map, but I should still be able to do so today.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the Incan UB, that is simply awesome in the part of the game which matters most. :)

Now... as far as the leaders go... Suryavarman has great traits, but the I find the UB wanting and the UU simply terrible. But still, I'd like a game as Sury.

So that's my vote, if you're interested in a poll of sorts. :D

It has been two weeks since the last game started, so I'm planning a new one for tonight or tomorrow. I'm doing Huayna Capac (Edit: see next 2 msgs).

The last couple of games haven't been terribly "popular" in number of posts compared with some others recently. Has the announcement of Civ V dampened interest in this and other series?

Even though I haven't finished the Isabella game yet, I am certainly still interested in this series continuing. My problem is that between work and family commitments I haven't had much time recently to write up these games. I actually played the Zara game (NC45), but didn't post a write-up, although I did comment in that thread.

FYI the first-timers are Augustus, Churchill, Hammurabi, Huayna Capac, Justinian, Mansa Musa, Mao Zedong, Peter, Suryavarman II.

It looks like the last Creative leader in the series was Pericles, we've hit all the other traits at least once since then. So I'd vote for Sury on that basis.

The last couple of games haven't been terribly "popular" in number of posts compared with some others recently. Has the announcement of Civ V dampened interest in this and other series?

For my part, not at all. I just don't have time to finish the games as fast as they come out in most cases. I'll usually take a stab at some of the lower-difficulty HOF gauntlets, and since they're timeboxed they usually take precedence over NC games for me.

When we picked 2 weeks some wanted faster, some slower, and for some it was just right, so unless lots of people want a slower rate (or I get tired) I'll stick with 2 weeks.

Also, I was thinking of Sury at one point (with elephants reasonably nearby) but recalled that some people hate him; doing another CRE leader might be a good reason, though. OTOH I promised CT to do Willem soon!

NC XLVII Mansa is now up.

Oh... you can ignore that promise. ;)

Don't get me wrong, my favourite leader of all in this game is Willem, but for NC games, I think it would be better for me as well if I learnt to play as other leaders as well, and I do agree that first-time leaders should have precedence over repeats.

I'm more than happy with Sury next, if you were considering it. :D

Going on the real world, they're generally found within the tropical band - so anywhere you can build the Space Elevator, you could have Elephants. They definitely appear on plains in the game (meant to be Savannah elephants, I guess), and jungle would also make sense. For the Khmer in particular, I'd be thinking jungle - hot, humid climate.

Just don't put them in the capital's BFC. That's a bit too generous :)

Sury sounds good to me. I don't recall seeing ivory anywhere but a plains, but that may say more about my memory than the map script.

Top Bottom