R.E.D. modpack

Will there be (like varietas delectat in civ4) unique graph style for each unit?
that will be for R.E.D. v1.0 :D

but I'm no artist, I'm adding new units when they're released (you can expect new riflemen for v0.11 thanks to bernie14)

Is there an option for rescale only? I receive loading errors when some of the unique art units start coming out.

Is there an option for rescale only? I receive loading errors when some of the unique art units start coming out.

yes, go to your "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. modpack (v 10)" folder and delete the "units" folder.

Perfect - I had been using v0.4. Everything worked aside from new DLC - I might try to add in those rescales as well. What files would need to be edited?

those files are included in version 0.10. that can be downloaded here.

I've tried to upload it again to the mod browser, and it seems to have worked this time, so you may get it there too.

btw about your issue with loading error, it could be that v0.4 wasn't compatible with latest patches.

Gedemon, excellent work! I just have to ask 'cause I'm a bit confused... I read the whole thread. Looks like you said you stopped using in-game mod browser for updates.

I installed R.E.D. via the in-game browser for the first time ever a few days ago, and all the patch notes are identical to the patch notes you've outlined in this thread as most recent (i.e. updated Denmark scales, et al).

So is the version I downloaded through the in-game mode browser the most up-to-date? You found a work around to their stupid limitations? :)

Also, I haven't noticed a problem with the archer units... Does the fix have to be applied manually still, or did you find a work-around for that too?

Thanks!

I've tried to upload it again a few day ago (see my last post), and it seems to have worked this time. Maybe the uploading is dependent of the load on gamespy server, I don't know... so yes, atm the version in the mod browser is up to date, but I'll release new version here first.

For the archer fix, if you had applied it previously, I think it hasn't been updated by the game since I release it, so you don't have to copy it again.

If you've installed the mod for the first time or completely reinstalled civ5, then maybe the patch that has added the VFS to the mod/game engine was the work around.

edit : just tested, you still have to copy it manually at least once.

Is there any way to use the ethnic diversity without the rescaling? I really love the new units, but the rescaling makes units so small they are hard for me to see.

Is there any way to use the ethnic diversity without the rescaling? I really love the new units, but the rescaling makes units so small they are hard for me to see.
could be done, but not quickly, you'll have to reset all unit scale and most formations.

When will be the next update?
After bernie's next rifleman, or maybe sooner.

1st: Love this mod (added stars to the thread)

2nd: Could the units be made possibly just a smidge larger?

3rd: Could boats be made only one to a hex (and scaled properly, or as close as possible)?

1st: Love this mod (added stars to the thread)

2nd: Could the units be made possibly just a smidge larger?

3rd: Could boats be made only one to a hex (and scaled properly, or as close as possible)?
1/ thanks :D

2/ you can edit the <scale> tags of the Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml file in your "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. modpack (v 11)\XML" folder (and the corresponding files for DLC). For example most human figure have a scale of 0.09 in the mod (default was 0.14), you can try something between.

3/ for the boats, I've made the Carrier and Battleship as big as possible (filling one tile) then I rescaled the other ships relatively to those two, and added multiple figures formation to fill the space on the tiles. You can change the scale as described above, and you can change the number of units by changing the <MemberCount> tags number to 1 for all ships in the Civ5ArtDefines_Units.xml file

and v0.11 is uploaded, including the great new Bernie14's riflemen ! :D

changelog :

v0.11 (Jun 18, 2011):
- added 4 ethnic units :
--- American rifleman
--- French rifleman
--- Ottoman rifleman
--- Russian rifleman
- updated version of German rifleman
- fix : replaced submarine S-Class (was not English but German model) to T-Class for England (thanks to Nutty for reporting this one !)

Thanks for the answers, but if the range .09-.14 is the difference between your mod and vanilla, then .10 will probably look too big. Can you take the scale to 3 decimals?

Thanks for the answers, but if the range .09-.14 is the difference between your mod and vanilla, then .10 will probably look too big. Can you take the scale to 3 decimals?

yes, I already used the third decimal for some units, and I think you can use much more (but change to the fourth and above won't be noticeable I believe ;) )

Install R.E.D after Thal's balance, there should be no incompatibility this way.

The Problem with R.E.D with Thal´s balance is, that some of the units (like Battleship Bismarck) don´t have Thal´s changes. F.e.: The standard battleship has the "naval demolish" promotion" but the R.E.D battleships don´t get them, and are clear inferior.

So is there a way to add Thal´s changes to units, to the R.E.D. units?

edit: So technical it is compatible with Thal´s blance, but it breaks gameplay, as it don´t support Thal´s combat changes to units.

Top Bottom