Scenario/mod for play from Late Medieval to Modern

Babylon746

Warlord
Apologies if there's a general thread for questions like this, I couldn't find one.

After a long C3C hiatus, I want to immerse myself in a virtual world again and build a civilization to world (or just regional) domination.

But I don't want to 'slave' through the early phases of the game, Ancient Age and Early Medieval - I've done these over and over.
Instead, I want to start (technologically) in the Late Medieval Age (say, advent of gunpowder) and continue into at least the Industrial Age (start of mass warfare à la WWI), but gladly into the Modern Age with all its new military units and possibilities, extra improvements and maybe a few extra problems to deal with (pollution? Unhappiness from quasi-necessary improvements? Organised crime?).
Oh, and I love building a navy, so ideally there would be an actual need for one. Often in Civ, I built it for pure fun, 1/3 of my navy could have ruled the seas without a problem.

I realise that only some of these 'wishes' can be fulfilled by a scenario/mod that's finished and ready - but I don't have the time to build one myself.

If any of you could help out with recommendations, I'll tip my virtual hat to you.

Top Bottom