How to forge the sword???? Help!!

emblue

Chieftain
My brother's playing, has all the pieces of the sword, but doesn't see a button to actually forge it. Help!? Thanks.

If you have dropped all 3 the pieces in a city with a forge then any unit in said city should have access to a spell to reforge it.

He just tried that -- dropped all 3 pieces in the city with the forge, and sees no option for reforging. Where will that be? Where should he see it?

Now he says he doesn't think he has the blade -- he had 3 magical pieces, thought that was what he needed for the sword, but says one's the orb. Wants to know where to find the blade.

Ah. The Orb of Sucellus is definitely not a piece of the GodSlayer. I forget which piece is where, but I know that one piece is found in a Doviello city (their capital, iirc), one in an Illian city (near the center of the map), and one is found in the volcano in the center of the tropical, panther-filled peninsula in the upper right hand corner of the map. I haven't played in a while (and cheated a lot when I did), but I believe that you must defeat Malus and take his ship in order to reach the island, although when you take the godslayer piece it will cause all volcanoes to erupt and turn into (passable) craters, including the one that was blocking access to the peninsula from the the walled in region of the map where you'll likely find Hati and Mokka. Oh, I think you might be able to get it too if you can capture Fiacra and use her to explore the peninsula. The event that lets you free the blade (I think that piece is the blade) and turns volcanoes to craters is triggered by having that particular tile become visible. Oh, I also think that you could theoretically wait for a blizzard to turn the water separating the peninsula from the mainland to ice, and then cross without a boat.

A little tip: You might want to reforge the Godslayer in a city relatively close to the Letum Frigus. You should hunt down Mulcarn beforehand, too.

Hmm. Maybe I'm just totally wrong, but I had to have a unit pick up all three pieces of the sword to get the Forge button to pop up. At least, I remember having to manipulate the locations of the items a little before the button showed up.

Just a little tip: Malus is tougher than he looks. Even with a strength of five, only heroes or mammoth riders have a good chance on their own. BELIEVE ME. I'VE TRIED

Top Bottom