THE Civ of the Week Thread!

I don't know if it's me but I can't find "Sweden" as a civilization for BtS.

My request would be Sweden or a link to an already existing mod with Sweden.

nutnut is right.

Sorry everyone for not replying earlier. Due to Real Life, I've been sort of half-absent from the forums lately.

cybrxkhan, can you make a Bavarian civ? If you need a UU, I can make one for you.

Maori have already ben made, they are in CivGold. Bavaria could be nice though, Charle has just made a LH for them, so perhaps that wouldn't take quite as long?

Well... looks like it's been a while. :blush:

Anyhow, even though my modding has of late been very slow, I will say that I haven't given up on Civ of the Week. However, I do have my planned list of civs to do. For everyone who suggested civs, I thank you, but I would like to emphasize that some of your suggestions will be extremely difficult to do due to several reasons - there could be little information online, for example, or, more importantly, there isn't a LH available that I can use. At this rate, I probably won't be making a lot of new LHs if at all, and I want to do the civs that I want to do, unfortunately.

However, Bavaria doesn't sound too bad a possibility. I think I may switch to do Bavaria next as a warm-up since I haven't done much in a whilel.

A "whilel" is a period of time between a while and forever.
For instance, "It always takes a whilel for me to fulfill my unit modding requests" or "Updating the mod will take a whilel."

A little bit more on topic....
I'm glad you haven't completely given up on the civ of the week project cybrxkhan. I usually always found them fascinating as they usually focused on the lesser known but still relevant civilizations in the world.

Hey, I'm glad that you continue on this project, it actually revives civs, most haven't heard of. Is your next civ still Srivijaya as stated in your first post? I would be glad if so, because I would steal it for my RFCA mod ;). Anyway keep up the good work!

BTW, is the upper image in the first post from Prince of Persia game series? It reminds me of it somehow...

Here are few units I made so far for the Bavarian civ. The land units are historical, but since Bavaria never did have a navy, I made what-if sea units. If you like them I can upload them.

Spoiler :

Here's my idea for the Bavarian UB.

Elaborate Castle
Replaces Castle
+10 :culture:
-5 :commerce:
-5 :)

Maybe you could use the Neuschwanstein model for the building.

Hey, I'm glad that you continue on this project, it actually revives civs, most haven't heard of. Is your next civ still Srivijaya as stated in your first post? I would be glad if so, because I would steal it for my RFCA mod ;). Anyway keep up the good work!

BTW, is the upper image in the first post from Prince of Persia game series? It reminds me of it somehow...

Srivijaya is being pushed back, unfortunately. I think I'll do Bavaria next, especially since a custom LH is already available (i.e. I haven't finished my Srivijaya LH).

The upper image is a cut-out from some Prince of Persia art.

Here are few units I made so far for the Bavarian civ. The land units are historical, but since Bavaria never did have a navy, I made what-if sea units. If you like them I can upload them.

Spoiler :

Here's my idea for the Bavarian UB.

Elaborate Castle
Replaces Castle
+10 :culture:
-5 :commerce:
-5 :)

Maybe you could use the Neuschwanstein model for the building.

For Bavaria, the UB is going to be the "Beer Hall" (tentative name), and the UU will be the Landwehr (although Landwehr is a somewhat generic German unit from the 1800s, it was the best I could find for Bavaria that still worked).

So if you could upload the rifleman that would be very much appreciated. :D

Hi everybody,

earlier on I requested a Libyan civ. Now, I don't know whether that would be any good, but if it is made I would like to change my request.

Libyan Empire
Leaders-
Muammar al-Gaddafi
Omar al-Mukhtar

UU-
Barbary Corsair
Replace Caravel, acts like privateer?

UB-
??? Dunno???:confused:
Maybe Garamantean Barracks?
Cheaper or something?
Berber Pasture
Replaces Granary, dunno bout bonuses

^Hey there.

I didn't make a Libyan civ, but I did make a Berber Civ (the Libyans are Berbers, if I remember correctly), so maybe that will be a close enough match for you.

If not, I do remember that one mod added the Libyans in particular, although I can't remember which.

And what about the other Civ of the Weeks you planned?
Capo wanted to use some of them in Diplomacy II

Really???

Actually it's been a really long time, and I sort of put the whole Civ of a Week franchise on hold, partly because I can't find the time to make really good unique leaderheads. I was originally working on a Bavaria CotW to get things out of the way, but... Yeah.

I'll try to look into it again, since the Civs of the Weeks aren't that difficult to do - it was really just the leaderhead that was the time-consuming part.

Top Bottom