Delta_Strife's Ship Units

What do you think about the program?

Wyrmshadow if you are asking about Bryce I do like what the program offers. The animations you were able to create are simply awesome and I can certainly understand that it took a huge amount of time to get them were they are today. The program offers a lot of potential.

However, the version I have does have it share of glitches. The damn thing once and awhile will change the floor colour from the magenta colour to a blue colour with a moon checkered everywhere. So i find that I bit odd. I also wonder why in the version I have it has major issues importing 3ds files?

Besides that beginning to figure out a few tricks as far as manipulating the model in the program. For example today I figured out how to rotate a none round turret and not have it look funny. All and all not a bad program.

Wyrmshadow if you are asking about Bryce I do like what the program offers. The animations you were able to create are simply awesome and I can certainly understand that it took a huge amount of time to get them were they are today. The program offers a lot of potential.

However, the version I have does have it share of glitches. The damn thing once and awhile will change the floor colour from the magenta colour to a blue colour with a moon checkered everywhere. So i find that I bit odd. I also wonder why in the version I have it has major issues importing 3ds files?

Besides that beginning to figure out a few tricks as far as manipulating the model in the program. For example today I figured out how to rotate a none round turret and not have it look funny. All and all not a bad program.

I don't know why the newer versions are so unstable compared to the old stuff. I still set everything up in 5 and only animate movies in the later versions.

As for the turret, are you talking about moving the ORIGIN? That's what Bryce calls the center of rotation. When you click on Attributes, it should have 2 rows of coordinates that are the same, one called Position and one Origin with a padlock connecting them. Click the padlock to unconnect them, then OK. A tiny green dot should appear. Move that around to where you want the new center of rotation to be with your mouse.

As for the turret, are you talking about moving the ORIGIN? That's what Bryce calls the center of rotation. When you click on Attributes, it should have 2 rows of coordinates that are the same, one called Position and one Origin with a padlock connecting them. Click the padlock to unconnect them, then OK. A tiny green dot should appear. Move that around to where you want the new center of rotation to be with your mouse.

That is what I am talking about and did what you wrote about above before you wrote so I am making progress with the program! :) The instability is upsetting. I have had it crash when I spent awhile setting up an animation scene. So now I just save often.

Update: The next ship is done! Well...at least the model is. I think by next weekend I should have it animated and posted into the database. For now here are some preview shots from blender and I think we can all guess what French Dreadnought this one is. Three more French BB's Classes and I move on to the next country. Not sure who yet leaning towards Russia. (Do not mind the middle turrets I plan to rotate them to the forward position before I animate them)

We need some British fishing boats then, for the Russians to have any success in this scenario. ;)

Update: Default is done and I am happy with the size of the ship in the game. Should be slightly bigger than dreadnought which it is in the game. Hopefully will make some more progress before Friday rolls around.

Update for all of you ship lovers: I've recieved the unit from Delta Strife and it came out perfectly! Expect me to have done the sounds tonight (lots of work at the office today).

@ DS: Good work! :)

Work? What's that? I must see if I can download a trial version.

@Ares Thanks for the complement.

Update: As I promised Ares I have the next model done for the ship. If I find some more time tonight might upload some in game shots. For now blender shots. The reason I choose this class of super Dreadnought is because I do not have enough stuff to do the Lyon plus this class used the same hull as the Courbet Class. So it did not take me as long as it normally does to build the model.

Do not worry there is one more French Super Dreadnought in the works.

No kidding another what-if from WW2. As I said I did find some time so default is done and since it is the same hull from the Courbet the Bretagne is also the same. Two more french BB's after this than on to a new nation most likely Russia.

Update: Since it is Canadian Thanksgiving this allowed me to get the next ship done and modelled fast. Looks like Ares de Borg will have more work to do soon. This was a fun/hard model to build. It was fun because it was never finished so that left me a lot of room as a creator but also made it harder because I had no real-life pictures to look at while I produced the ship. So this is the last French Super-Dreadnought I am going to produce. I think there is only one more french ship I am going to build now, after I finish animating this one.

Top Bottom