Any mods balanced for max sized maps & 31 civs?

8BitArchitect

Chieftain
I just had a quick question.

I recently got back into Civ III, and I was wondering if there are any modpacks redesigned around max size maps with 31 civs?

I could (and did) set a basic one up, but it isn't well balanced as of yet. I was wondering if anyone else had already modified it to something like

Mapsize|Height*Width|Civs
Huge|362*362|31
Large|256*256|23
Normal|182*182|15
Small|128*128|11
Tiny|92*92|7

Any help would be appreciated.

El Mencey made a map that is 362 x 325. It's a huge map and has all of the starting locations. It has resources but probably needs more. I think it would be way too big for a game though. Also, I'm not sure if there is a way to play 31 civilizations at the same time...

Anyway, I cropped his map using Steph's editor and was able to make a good map for the Tarot mod...

I just had a quick question.

I recently got back into Civ III, and I was wondering if there are any modpacks redesigned around max size maps with 31 civs?

I could (and did) set a basic one up, but it isn't well balanced as of yet. I was wondering if anyone else had already modified it to something like

Mapsize|Height*Width|Civs
Huge|362*362|31
Large|256*256|23
Normal|182*182|15
Small|128*128|11
Tiny|92*92|7

Any help would be appreciated.

8BitArchitect, I experimented a lot with big maps and this is my most important insight:

Decisive for mods on random maps is not the map size, but the number of land-tiles of the map, as the AI will run out of cities and you will end with big parts of a random generated 362x362 map with best locations for cities, but without any possibility for the AI to bring cities to these regions of the map. The human player is able to abandon old cities to found cities in new prospering regions - the AI mostly is too clumsy to manage this situation.

As told above, the situation for fixed maps is different.

BTW.: WildWeazel, thank you very much for your kind words about CCM. :), but here the biggest map size for random maps is 256x256 (for the reasons I told above).

Spoiler :

Top Bottom